We are losing depth. I'm worried. (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I don't know where to post this sorry.

It seems we are losing loads of players who gave us strength in depth. Look at the midfield! We're losing Blasi and Tacchi. Who will provide backup to Viera and Emerson? Since it is thought that Maresca is going too, we could be well screwed. We need lots of depth to help us in the league and the Champions League.

Up front, we are of course fine, I believe we have a great attack, and Zalayeta is a very loyal servant to Juve and a decent player, we should be proud of him.

In defence, I think at fullback we are looking OK, since we are keeping Chiellini, right?

Central defence is another thing alltogether! We will only have Canna, Thuram and Kovac next season, we will not have Legro, Montero, Ferrara or Tudor. That means that either we are lining up Masiello to cover central defence, or we are bringing in some more depth. Any news on Pablo Ibanez or Coda?

I think we have brought in some quality players over the summer, don't get me wrong, but we are losing lots and lots of depth! Do you think we will be using a lot of Primavera players like De Ceglie etc?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Maresca had already left :)

We have Giannichedda as a universal backup for both CM and CB positions. If we sell/loan/swap Balsi, then we will get C.Zanetti for sure.

So no panic, mate :)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Hey,
i really think that this one will happen:

-Blasi will leave for Oddo.
-We will get C.Zanetti.(Miccoli to leave).
-We get Pires(Tudor to leave).

So,for the MD line we have Neddy-Emo-Vieira-Camo
and back ups:Oli,Pires,Gianni,Zanetti,hopefulle Mancini also.

we still will lack some CB or maybe 2.but i trust Moggi.
you see?we will have enough depth,IMO.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
Hey,
i really think that this one will happen:

-Blasi will leave for Oddo.
-We will get C.Zanetti.(Miccoli to leave).
-We get Pires(Tudor to leave).

So,for the MD line we have Neddy-Emo-Vieira-Camo
and back ups:Oli,Pires,Gianni,Zanetti,hopefulle Mancini also.

we still will lack some CB or maybe 2.but i trust Moggi.
you see?we will have enough depth,IMO.
But if that happens, we will only have 1 backup for the DMC position.. That surely can't help us cover the whole year, with only one backup..

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

But if that happens, we will only have 1 backup for the DMC position.. That surely can't help us cover the whole year, with only one backup..
How 1?

Gianni AND Zanetti.

Jul 28, 2002
id prefer to keep blasi than get zanetti...jus for squad unity.

We need one youn defender and one young creative(ish) midfielder who can play wide.

Because the only place we have enough depth is upfront....for once.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
C Zanetti? I prefer Blasi more.

The main problem with us is that most players r ard the age of 28 - 30, so they will lose pace in a few years time and they will not be the same. It is time to bring in some fresh youngs players. However as we know Juve's bad history abt the youth system, we don't see much youths produced, probably we will buy players ard the 28 - 30 years range.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
I don't know where to post this sorry.

It seems we are losing loads of players who gave us strength in depth. Look at the midfield! We're losing Blasi and Tacchi. Who will provide backup to Viera and Emerson? Since it is thought that Maresca is going too, we could be well screwed. We need lots of depth to help us in the league and the Champions League.

Up front, we are of course fine, I believe we have a great attack, and Zalayeta is a very loyal servant to Juve and a decent player, we should be proud of him.

In defence, I think at fullback we are looking OK, since we are keeping Chiellini, right?

Central defence is another thing alltogether! We will only have Canna, Thuram and Kovac next season, we will not have Legro, Montero, Ferrara or Tudor. That means that either we are lining up Masiello to cover central defence, or we are bringing in some more depth. Any news on Pablo Ibanez or Coda?

I think we have brought in some quality players over the summer, don't get me wrong, but we are losing lots and lots of depth! Do you think we will be using a lot of Primavera players like De Ceglie etc?

OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    I had forgotten about Giannichedda. Olivera will be played in centre midfield you reckon?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    If we keep Tudor then we'll be pretty much covered. Vieira, Emerson, Blasi and Giannichedda for the centre midfield roles, while Thuram, Cannavaro, Kovac, Tudor, Masiello and maybe even Giannichedda can play centre back. We have four players who can play left back in Zambrotta, Chiellini, Pessotto and Birindelli, we also have adequate cover for the right back position even if acquiring an upgrade to Zebina would be nice. I suppose we could do with another wide midfield player but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get one as Zamboy, Chiellini, Pesso, Mutu and DP are versatile enough to step in for Neddy every now and again.

Personally I think that we have a fairly deep squad:

Buffon
    Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
    Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Nedved
    Trezeguet - Ibrahimovic

Chimenti
    Birindelli/Pessotto - Kovac - Tudor/Masiello - Chiellini
    Olivera - Blasi - Giannichedda
    Del Piero - Zalayeta - Mutu

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Olivera can't play in central midfield, he has proven that last year. I hope Tudor stays, that way we have at least some depth left in our squad. Blasi deserves to stay in the squad too, he's still young and able to improve, while Zanetti isn't that much better and would cost us money.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
    valley, i have the same worry too...

i also worry that if we dont succeed this coming season, then our squad are too old for the next one and probably we need to rebuild the whole squad....after next season, nedved will be 33, Canna & Thuram & Emo all 30+, DP should be leaving....

The coming campaign is too important to us, which we must succeed. Otherwise, it will be a disaster and Capello should be responsible~~

At the same time, we are losing depth which severely affects the chance of succeed in the coming season..... :(

May 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    Olivera can't play in central midfield, he has proven that last year. I hope Tudor stays, that way we have at least some depth left in our squad. Blasi deserves to stay in the squad too, he's still young and able to improve, while Zanetti isn't that much better and would cost us money.
    things chance he may end up to be the best midfielder in the world :cheesy: no really he mite do better this yr

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    If we keep Tudor then we'll be pretty much covered. Vieira, Emerson, Blasi and Giannichedda for the centre midfield roles, while Thuram, Cannavaro, Kovac, Tudor, Masiello and maybe even Giannichedda can play centre back. We have four players who can play left back in Zambrotta, Chiellini, Pessotto and Birindelli, we also have adequate cover for the right back position even if acquiring an upgrade to Zebina would be nice. I suppose we could do with another wide midfield player but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get one as Zamboy, Chiellini, Pesso, Mutu and DP are versatile enough to step in for Neddy every now and again.

Personally I think that we have a fairly deep squad:

Buffon
    Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
    Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Nedved
    Trezeguet - Ibrahimovic

Chimenti
    Birindelli/Pessotto - Kovac - Tudor/Masiello - Chiellini
    Olivera - Blasi - Giannichedda
    Del Piero - Zalayeta - Mutu
    pires would still be appreciated though..

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    For me, after tacchinardi's departure I feel our midfield is empty now :down: I really liked how alessio played. (Again thank you Alessio for those beautiful 11 years, we won't miss you, you will always be in our hearts, good luck).
    I think we are in need for a Right back. Keep the current midfield and get a proper side back. Zebina did all he can do las year.
    We need Blasi, someone has to do our dirty work in the midfield.
    AND PLEASE RECRUIT ANOTHER GOALKEEER. I like Cheminti is a person but he is out of ideas now in terms of goalkeeping.

Sep 28, 2002
    well, its not that chimenti plays more than 5 days per season.

as for zebina, i already said what i think in some other thread. sure, an upgrade would be nice. but i cant see capello getting someone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)