WC2006 Qualifier: Italy - Belarus (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #61
    The points are certainly welcome but in truth we shouldn't be conceding three goals against Belarus. IMO Diana isn't good enough to be starting for Italy. Call up Marchionni or play a 4-3-1-2 please. It's good to see Gila scoring again and an on form Totti always helps. Keep it up Zambrotta.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    I dont know wether to me be more suprised that Italy scored 4 goals or that they conceded 3... Damn! Some balance please

Anyone know why Pirlo wasnt called up?

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    i didn't watch this game but the scoreline 4-3 is kind of surprise to me.
    italy concede 3 goals but score 4 in a match ??? may be it is a record in recent histroy.

anyway, i am happy for the result and take the 3 points into the pocket Italy, all the criticism will be stopped, for at least a few months.

genesio

Feb 15, 2004
    italia will play in the worldcup like they always do

and even if they let in 3goals it means nothing i still remeber that germany gets his ass kicktet by england with 5-1 only to play in the worldcup final.

the inportant thing is to win and get to the worldcup HOW??? its not inportant because italy1982 were also crappy intul the worldcup begins then they were slow starters but then they were deserfed worldchampions

and it was a very good game,it was not boring for a second italy did some cool stuff and bellarusia did some cool stuff and we won and got 3points so i am happy

and i like the new italy

like de rossi and gilardino dammnnn they really play with CUORE

i like that

that's what bean missing with italy

and lippi is the perfect man for making italy worldcup champions

ciao forza italia!!!

oohhh and yes somebody says that we did bellarusia look like spain

i think if spain THIS SPAIN that plays like how they are dowing these days would have lost the match with 5-2

spain is very VERY bad! these days maybe they are back good in a couple of monts but now they suck + they never win the worldcup because they just s uck

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by genesio ] ++
    italia will play in the worldcup like they always do

and even if they let in 3goals it means nothing i still remeber that germany gets his ass kicktet by england with 5-1 only to play in the worldcup final.

the inportant thing is to win and get to the worldcup HOW??? its not inportant because italy1982 were also crappy intul the worldcup begins then they were slow starters but then they were deserfed worldchampions

and it was a very good game,it was not boring for a second italy did some cool stuff and bellarusia did some cool stuff and we won and got 3points so i am happy

and i like the new italy

like de rossi and gilardino dammnnn they really play with CUORE

i like that

that's what bean missing with italy

and lippi is the perfect man for making italy worldcup champions

ciao forza italia!!!

oohhh and yes somebody says that we did bellarusia look like spain

i think if spain THIS SPAIN that plays like how they are dowing these days would have lost the match with 5-2

spain is very VERY bad! these days maybe they are back good in a couple of monts but now they suck + they never win the worldcup because they just s uck
    I disagree...

We played sloppy, and we gave up 3 goals to a team that shouldnt even be on the same field as our "stars"

Believe me, if we played Spain today, we get whipped 4-0, or worse !!!!!

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    The national team has one main problem, and what I'm about to say will probably result in me getting severly flamed, probably to a crisp.

The veterans and pretty boys on the national team such as Totti, Vieri, Camoronesi, and Del Piero sometimes, (that's right, I said Del Piero) take the motivation and energy out from the team. The national team isn't significant to them anymore (although Del Piero does try hard) since they make loads of cash while playing for their clubs. Soccer isn't about playing soccer and representing your nation to them anymore; hell, it's not even a team sport to some. It's about the Ferrari 360 Modena in your driveway, the mansion you live in, the material goods. Very few players appreciate the game for what it's supposed to be; giving it their all every game, pouring their heart and soul into everything they do on the pitch. Passion. Those positive vibes spread throughout the team, and that's what wins games. Not the gargantuan payroll you have, nor the so-called "stars" you field. It's passion.

If Italy expects to go far, they need to work together, develop and work as a team. The new players who don't make as much money as the "stars" seem to be playing well. Totti seems to have come to his senses realizing that the national team is important as well, or else he just got lucky today. I see potential in the Italian squad, just add some motivation, passion, and teamwork: perhaps this could be the formula for success?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I don't know if I subscribe to the fat, dumb, and rich theory, but I do believe that players like De Rossi epitomize what's good and promising about the squad.

And hey -- three goals to Belarus is pretty pathetic. But then Spain was held scoreless against Lithuania today (where Fliakis and I would joke that the LT NT's crowning achievement in their soccer history has been holding Germany to a draw). So I wouldn't throw in the towel against Spain yet. ;)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I disagree...

We played sloppy, and we gave up 3 goals to a team that shouldnt even be on the same field as our "stars"

And for how long have you followed the NT?, Italy rise themself in big matches against other big nations, so if they let in 3 goals by Belarus then it simply doesnt matter at all, because whats matter is that they got 3 points and actually scored 4 goals!.
    Anyway you cant expect a clean sheet with Materazzi in the defense!

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

I disagree...

look at the bright side man.we scored 4 goals.it was thousands years ago the last time we scored that much.
    and i don't want to judge lippi now.he still needs more time to get ready.but so far the results are not good.as long as Lippi plays atacking football I'm ok with him. :)

Aug 1, 2003
    As usual Malaysia doesn't show Italian international games. It's a conspiracy I swear.

Saw the highlights though; as far as I know Belarus's first goal was beautiful (so was Totti's freekick). And as much as scoring four is nice, I'm with those who aren't happy with conceding 3.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001

Just a small point, you keep referring o Spain as if they are world beaters. Just wondering why since they're bloody awful and drew with Lithuania yesterday

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

And for how long have you followed the NT?, Italy rise themself in big matches against other big nations, so if they let in 3 goals by Belarus then it simply doesnt matter at all, because whats matter is that they got 3 points and actually scored 4 goals!.
    Anyway you cant expect a clean sheet with Materazzi in the defense!
    Longer than you've been alive !!!!

Rise in big matches ??

How long have YOU been following the NT ???

4 "big" matches-

France in '98 and 2000- LOST

S.Korea in WC 2002- LOST

Sweden in Euro 2004- TIE (which virtually knocked us out)

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Just a small point, you keep referring o Spain as if they are world beaters. Just wondering why since they're bloody awful and drew with Lithuania yesterday
    I was just giving an example of an upper tier team

Should I have used Holland ???

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I see noone has mentioned so far what probably the biggest reason Italy are conceding iin almost every game

Well I will give you a clue , what do the Juve of last season and the Italy of this season have in common

Well if you said Lippi, you would have got it in 1

I do not care what anyone says, you do not constantly change your back 4 for no reason and not expect to lose goals

The same thing happened last season which thoroughly affected new players like Leggro, giving him new partners and changing the back 4 when the obvious was staring him in the face

Why on earth is Materazzi in this squad?

Trapatoni was hopeless but any fool suceeding would see the foundations he laid but stupidly overlooked

I had maintanied the future of Italian national football should include De Rossi, Gatusso, Cassano and Pirlo but for some reason, 2 of the very talented creative guys were omitted becos "they were out of form"

When has materazzi been in form?

What was the point of dropping Cannavaro to the bench?

I neevr thought Lippi would make a gr8 Nt manager but you should always give ppl benefit of the doubt

But the back 4 should always be Oddo/Bonera, Nesta, Cannavaro and Zambrotta end of story

Ok in a friendly you might wanna try something else but not in wc qualifiers
    Amazing England now have a better quartet than Italy in the central defence

And yes conceding 3 against Belarus is not the way to go

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #80
    I agree about the back four thing. Changing it as regularly as Lippi did with Juve last season is a no no, and it's not like this Italy has alot of depth in defence anyways. Ok, you've got quality full backs in Oddo, Bonera, Zaccardo, Zambrotta, Pancaro and Parisi, but in the centre I only feel comfortable when Nesta-Cannavaro is the duo. Materazzi has no right being in the squad farless the starting XI. Ferrari is struggling awfully atm. Legro doesn't play often at club level. Who else is there? Who's going to step in if Nesta or Cannavaro are injured? Barzagli?

England's first team defence give ours a run for their money for sure, some view it as superior, but what is without a doubt superior is their depth. They could use a right back, but Sven has Cole and Bridge on the left not to mention Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate and Campbell in the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)