[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (26 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I still agree with this. Btw, he changed De Bruyne's position against Brazil and brought on Fellaini. We were getting hammered by friggin' Japan before he made that change.

So don't tell me he's brilliant for finally seeing something I already saw 18 months ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
lol I think I know every line from Fools and Horses. Seriously.
According to you and your family, we are looking for a 6ft 7in dwarf, aged between 15 and 50, a white male with oriental features, who's as black as Newgate's knocker! And, oh yeah, he wears a deafaid!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's so beautifully written.
Nailed it again.

I really liked his use of short, single-sentence paragraphs for simplistic emphasis. Really worked as a personal story.
The funny part with Lukaku is that when you hear him speak you don't hear academic intelligence. He wouldn't have been smart enough schoolwise to get a university degree.

But even if he sounds childlike, he is full of wisdom. For instance he says a lot of pro athletes go bankrupt after their career. His idea to prevent this is so simple. He puts 90% of what he earns in the bank. It helps him learn how to live on a budget and don't overspend.

Another thing that really struck me when I saw an interview of his was that he says there really is only one thing you can control. You don't know how the fans will react. You don't know if the coach will like you. But you can control how much effort you put in. And that's why it has to be 100% all the time.

In the end it's all relative though, because Hazard is the polar opposite. Grew up in a financially secure family, with not a worry in the world. The first time I ever saw him stressed was right before the kick off against Brazil. But he has such an abundance of raw talent that it doesn't matter.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)