[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (58 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
It was awesome when it was done well. And by done well, I mean having a prime David Villa. Dude had a scoring instinct.
Meh far from awesome. Worst ever team I've seen win a WC was Spain and that borefest fucking system.

It's disgusting, move the ball fucking forward OR if you're gonna defend at least have a machine like collective system like Italy had in it's glory days.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man I'm so glad for Croatia. Rooting hard for them.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Fuck Russia. Such a disgusting and negative team, the antithesis of good football. 1 shot on target over the course of 120+ minutes; I dislike Spain too, but I can't root for those xenophobic commie oligarch cunts. I hope Croatia annihilates, crushes, and pulverizes them.
where is this coming from? I don't know about the Russians who come to Thailand but I think its a bit far-fetched to label an entire population as xenophobic. the russians have been extremely hospitable to all the fans here and yes may be there football style is negative, but they play to the best of their ability and it has seen them through. sadly the same can't be said about der pharoahs :( thanks to Cupper, the shitty egyptain football association ( the moron that is abdelghani and co) and retarded media and dont get me started on the bunch of expired celebrities who flocked to saint petersburg to "support" the team :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
fuck u too bitch from 3rd country
Cry me a river punk.

- - - Updated - - -

where is this coming from? I don't know about the Russians who come to Thailand but I think its a bit far-fetched to label an entire population as xenophobic. the russians have been extremely hospitable to all the fans here and yes may be there football style is negative, but they play to the best of their ability and it has seen them through. sadly the same can't be said about der pharoahs :( thanks to Cupper, the shitty egyptain football association ( the moron that is abdelghani and co) and retarded media and dont get me started on the bunch of expired celebrities who flocked to saint petersburg to "support" the team :D
That's just hyperbole, but we have a lot of those scumbags here :D They don't do much to endear themselves, and they're definitely not friendly or hospitable :p

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure there are too many xenophobic commie oligarch cunts playing for the russian NT. Maybe seperate between a bunch of footballers and the country they are playing for? I supported Iran and even the Saudis, the footballers, doesn't necessarily mean i support their government.

That lamenting about negative teams and the "antithesis of football" - you still are a Juve fan, right? :p
:lol: That was a tad hyperbolic :D I was just pissed cuz I don't like seeing shitty negative teams, unless it's Juve of course, progress far.

We aren't always the "antithesis of football." We are sometimes capable of playing in a "positive" manner :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Tiki taka has been a mistake in football. It’s a disgusting approach to the sport.

For some reason most people don't see it, but tiki taka is actually ultradefensive. If you watch Spain yesterday, all they did was preventing Russia to score by keeping the ball. They didn't actually attack. It was just meaningless possession.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
For some reason most people don't see it, but tiki taka is actually ultradefensive. If you watch Spain yesterday, all they did was preventing Russia to score by keeping the ball. They didn't actually attack. It was just meaningless possession.
they just lacked a coach, no offensive movement whatsoever. you can't break a 3511 or whatever it was Russia played if your players are too lazy to run without the ball

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Meaningless possession is probably the best definition to this thing. It goes against everything I love about the sport. I’m glad Spain is going home and will hopefully never win this tournament again.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Cry me a river punk.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just hyperbole, but we have a lot of those scumbags here :D They don't do much to endear themselves, and they're definitely not friendly or hospitable :p

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: That was a tad hyperbolic :D I was just pissed cuz I don't like seeing shitty negative teams, unless it's Juve of course, progress far.

We aren't always the "antithesis of football." We are sometimes capable of playing in a "positive" manner :D
:agree: The ones that immigrated here too are perhaps the worst people to deal with. Which is a shame, because I hear actual Russians in Russia are great.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree: The ones that immigrated here too are perhaps the worst people to deal with. Which is a shame, because I hear actual Russians in Russia are great.
I once had a Russian mate who said Russians are always picking fights. And in my experience it was true.

My mate later killed a girl and committed suicide in jail though. So it's kind of obvious he had quite extreme mental issues himself and I guess maybe he was the one picking the fights :D.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I once had a Russian mate who said Russians are always picking fights. And in my experience it was true.

My mate later killed a girl and committed suicide in jail though. So it's kind of obvious he had quite extreme mental issues himself and I guess maybe he was the one picking the fights :D.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
:p Probably yes in that case then. But here, especially the old ones, have the most ridiculous sense of entitlement and being above the law/rules, it makes no sense considering where and in what conditions they grew up in. And then there are the Russian Jews specifically...we'll not even touch upon that one.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Looking forward to tonight's game. A country riddled with gun crime and cocaine takes on Colombia.
:D

It's an incredibly interesting match up imo. Very different football cultures, each equally exciting. Hating the English is popular around here and I get much of that hate (the obnoxious fans and media really do not help), but there is no denying that England has a very rich history in football. Colombia on the other hand has almost always been famous for crazy characters and it's always fun watching them.

Btw, though of course avoiding Brazil and France is a godsend for England, the reality is that Colombia, Switzerland and Croatia are all well capable of beating them. And a loss to either of those teams might kill the optimism Southgate has been able to generate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)