[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (54 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Im thinking Brazil vs Croatia, Belgium vs Uruguay Semis..
You need to add Colombia, France, Germany and England to that mix.

Colombia: Played soem of the best football when 11 on the pitch
France: Their organisation and individual attacking qualities are not matched by any team
Germany: That Kroos goal have created an entire new team and spirit
England: they are full of confidence, young and naive: perhaps not that affected by history as previous teams.

Btw @Fr3sh I've put money on Brazil losing to Serbia, and Switzerland and Serbia going thru. Good money. Thank my later with nudes :maddy:

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
You need to add Colombia, France, Germany and England to that mix.

Colombia: Played soem of the best football when 11 on the pitch
France: Their organisation and individual attacking qualities are not matched by any team
Germany: That Kroos goal have created an entire new team and spirit
England: they are full of confidence, young and naive: perhaps not that affected by history as previous teams.

Btw @Fr3sh I've put money on Brazil losing to Serbia, and Switzerland and Serbia going thru. Good money. Thank my later with nudes :maddy:
I actually think that is very much possible, that is why Sweden really fucked it up by not doing the experienced thing to do and waste more time, or keep possession instead of shooting and then giving a foul so near the goal.
I dont think England have got it, they have not played any decent team at all. They will probably be beaten by the Belgians second string team.. Ok France may have a good chance to reaching the semis but Argentina will probably scrape a win. Colombia, yes they play some real good football but really bad at defending..

Probably Brazil to go out if they keep on playing Willian, and now that Costa is injured, I do kinda wish Brazil go out early.. I am rooting for Uruguay this year to win it all! Bentancur to be crowned best young player!

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I went to all Rio Museum about Pele-Canarinha and I didn't read about it :shifty:

Seriously, could you post something relate it to?
Of course you’re not gonna read anything that taunts his name in a museum about him. I can find you a hundred links related to his daughter death but it’s all in Portuguese. Oh he also didn’t go to her funeral.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Haha. Wont happen.

People need to stop hyping up Belgium. Watch them lose to England in groups.
Lol. You have not been following this World Cup at all. Both England and Belgium want to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we have never been as likely to beat Germany as today. We look far more like a team than them. But.. It's Germany. I'd still consider them favorites.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Lol. You have not been following this World Cup at all. Both England and Belgium want to lose.
Yes you are right. I have watched handful of games. Tried to watch bigger games like Arg v Cro. Spain v Por. I have watched highlights of other games. But thats the thing. England has only played nobodies so far. Seems to be lot of positive vibe. Will that continue if they have to play bigger teams. Look at Russia. Once they played Uruguay back to reality.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes you are right. I have watched handful of games. Tried to watch bigger games like Arg v Cro. Spain v Por. I have watched highlights of other games. But thats the thing. England has only played nobodies so far. Seems to be lot of positive vibe. Will that continue if they have to play bigger teams. Look at Russia. Once they played Uruguay back to reality.
Yeah, I get that. But you said we'll see what happens tomorrow. Yet both England and Belgium want to lose, so it won't make us any wiser.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yeah my point was more that i dont think Belgium are contenders.

The experience/knowhow and past success will eventually make a difference and winner will be one of the big guns. Just look how Arg still came back from dead. Similar with Ger in this groupstage.

I havent paid too much attention to the knockout draw in terms who meets who but cant see Belgium winning it when the big games start.

And dont bring Spain 2010 into this in terms of Belgium having their best gen. Spain also had a proven winner coach. Martinez failed at Everton. Really lucky to get that job.

Is money big issue? Belgium should have signed a bigger name as coach. Then maybe they could have done smth.

And i still believe coach is also important in NT.

One mistake already is not taking Nainggollan.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah my point was more that i dont think Belgium are contenders.

The experience/knowhow and past success will eventually make a difference and winner will be one of the big guns. Just look how Arg still came back from dead. Similar with Ger in this groupstage.

I havent paid too much attention to the knockout draw in terms who meets who but cant see Belgium winning it when the big games start.

And dont bring Spain 2010 into this in terms of Belgium having their best gen. Spain also had a proven winner coach. Martinez failed at Everton. Really lucky to get that job.

Is money big issue? Belgium should have signed a bigger name as coach. Then maybe they could have done smth.

And i still believe coach is also important in NT.

One mistake already is not taking Nainggollan.

Yes. Martinez is not among the top earners at this World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)