[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (18 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Got a bet at work guessing the outcomes and the only real problems I have is group D (Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria) and H (Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan). I'm guessing Argentina is gonna obviously top the first group, but no idea whose coming in second. With H I'm taking a wild bet at Poland winning it, but can't decide between Colombia and Senegal. Anyone have any insight?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
you dont see Croatia as a heavy favourite against Nigeria and Iceland?

The second group yea is garbage from top to bottom. I might not even watch this World Cup.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
you dont see Croatia as a heavy favourite against Nigeria and Iceland?

The second group yea is garbage from top to bottom. I might not even watch this World Cup.
I see Nigeria as a serious challenger for Croatia. Croatia despite their overwhelming talent has always seemed to be a bit underwhelming like Belgium, not to mention Iceland the bogey team can fuk everything up by making someone draw suprisingly. I'll take a safe bet and go with Croatia though.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Got a bet at work guessing the outcomes and the only real problems I have is group D (Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria) and H (Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan). I'm guessing Argentina is gonna obviously top the first group, but no idea whose coming in second. With H I'm taking a wild bet at Poland winning it, but can't decide between Colombia and Senegal. Anyone have any insight?
Go for Columbia in H. They've a fair few players at top level European Club Football.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/0/colombia-world-cup-2018-squad-team-guide/

Poland gamed the rankings system to get their place in Pot#1 and aren't as good as their position suggests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)