[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (100 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I usually dont talk about my countrymen because most of them are pretty average even for Concacaf standards. Just now is that we are starting to have an interesting new crop of young players who maybe, just maybe will reach something in their careers.

Among them, there is one really interesting player, who in my opinion is levels above anything we can offer. His name is Ismael Díaz, and plays as 9, in Deportivo La Coruña´s B team.

l see something really special in him, he already is on european levels for his young age. I can see him going way further than national "legends" like Rommel Fernandez and Dely Valdés, as his talent is palpable and plays a modern style of football (unlike the aforementioned players).

He has good height, is strong in the air and with his legs, good acceleration too.
He plays as a modern 9 and doesnt shy away when having to go 1v1 vs players. Can play as Treq too, as he can assist pretty well. Hes a complete package.

Just days ago , on a preparation friendly, he was nutmegging norwegian players like if they were fodder (and let me remind you, he is a young player from a rubbish football country). He is not even on his 100%, as he barely made the cut to the WC because he was injured but recovered on time.

I dont know how much playing time he will get on the WC, since there are some old hags in front of him in the pecking order, but i hope he gets minutes to demonstrate. The whole country hardpressed the coach to take him, as he has become the people´s favourite because of his particular talent.

This maybe will sound fanboyish, but i think really think europeans teams should pick him now that he is very unknown. I invite you all to pay attention to him in the upcoming WC

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I usually dont talk about my countrymen because most of them are pretty average even for Concacaf standards. Just now is that we are starting to have an interesting new crop of young players who maybe, just maybe will reach something in their careers.

Among them, there is one really interesting player, who in my opinion is levels above anything we can offer. His name is Ismael Díaz, and plays as 9, in Deportivo La Coruña´s B team.

etc.
Hey. Thanks for posting this. I'll look out for this guy when England face off against Panama. Any one else we should look for?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hey. Thanks for posting this. I'll look out for this guy when England face off against Panama. Any one else we should look for?
Ill be honest, our forwards are very bad and old, but if you need to really be careful of someone, it will be Diaz. No one knows him, and he is way too superior to anything we have to offer upfront.

About your question, yes, there are 2 more very promising players, coincidentially from the same generation of Ismael. One is named Ricardo Avila (MF), and the other is Jose Luis Rodríguez (LW).

Rodriguez was called to play a friendly just one week ago, against North Ireland. It was his first cap in the senior team...and impressed so much that he made it in the final cut of the 23 players right away, leaving out other important veterans. Youll have the chance to see him play because one of our star players (Quintero) got injured in the aforementioned game against Norway 2 days ago. Rodríguez was not supposed to see much playing time because of his inexperience and age.. but he will have to go against Belgium and england forcefully , most likely. He plays Left winger.

Avila is a young midfielder, he plays in europe too , in a modest league. He can play any position on the midfield, but his favourite role is regista, in front of the defense.
He was not supposed to play in the WC, as he didnt make the final cut because of a veteran who was selected ahead of him, but traveled with the team anyways as a guest.
Lady luck smiled upon him, and with Quintero`s injury, he was called to be among the 23 players.

I have seen not much of those 2 guys, as they just recently debuted on the first team, but their talent is already miles ahead of the current crop of veterans.
Ismael, i have seena lot of him, and he is very consistent and intelligent. From those 3, Ismael is ahead.

Personally, i think they are way too young to have a main role in this world cup, but im pretty sure they will wreck havock in Concacaf in the coming years.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:lol: Is that gif for real :lol:

PS: Kinderriegel :tuttosport: I have eaten fuck knows how much belgian or italian or french or swiss fine chocolate but Kinderriegels are simply the best :ID:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I'm so surprised that Martinez guy is currently coaching Belgium NT. Couldn't they find anyone better?
Radja situation aside. Martinez isn't a bad coach at all. He did really well in Swansea and Wigan, and delivered soem decent results in Everton; he is especially good at getting results in knock-out tournaments.

The results so far with Belgium have been good. Getting the top coaches to national sides is really hard, borderline impossible. Prior to Martinez they had Marc fucken Wilmots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)