[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (111 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I think Camoranesi do hard drugs..
He said that Pirlo isn't the most technically gifted player he worked with as the most gifted one was Di Natale..
Di Natale was certainly a good player but no way he was as gifted as Pirlo + I think he forgot about DP Totti and Zidane (or he only related to Italians...)
+Camoranesi himself was also more technically gifted than Di Natale
Di Natale :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong thread though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I think Camoranesi do hard drugs..
He said that Pirlo isn't the most technically gifted player he worked with as the most gifted one was Di Natale..
Di Natale was certainly a good player but no way he was as gifted as Pirlo + I think he forgot about DP Totti and Zidane (or he only related to Italians...)
+Camoranesi himself was also more technically gifted than Di Natale
It wasn't really technical ability that made Pirlo the legend that he is, but unrivaled vision & decision making.

Di Natale probably was superior in terms of technical ability, but that doesn't mean that he was a better player.

- - - Updated - - -

Di Natale :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong thread though.
Greatest player to never wear a Juve shirt :heart:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It wasn't really technical ability that made Pirlo the legend that he is, but unrivaled vision & decision making.

Di Natale probably was superior in terms of technical ability, but that doesn't mean that he was a better player.

- - - Updated - - -

Greatest player to never wear a Juve shirt
What? Are you serious right now? The ability to pass the way Pirlo did is definitely a skill too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What? Are you serious right now? The ability to pass the way Pirlo did is definitely a skill too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Of course, that's also part of technical ability. And Pirlo was definitely very skilled at a technical level, but that's not what made him a legendary player - my point was just that it's perfectly acceptable to say that Di Natale was better in the specific attribute of technical ability without diminishing Pirlo's greatness.

If I say that Salah is a way faster player than Zidane ever way it doesn't mean I rate him any higher as a footballer overall.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of course, that's also part of technical ability. And Pirlo was definitely very skilled at a technical level, but that's not what made him a legendary player - my point was just that it's perfectly acceptable to say that Di Natale was better in the specific attribute of technical ability without diminishing Pirlo's greatness.

If I say that Salah is a way faster player than Zidane ever way it doesn't mean I rate him any higher as a footballer overall.
What you fail to realize is, even if di Natale is technically more gifted than Pirlo, which he is not, the statement Camo made is so disrespectful that he deserves to be banned from football. He didn't say di Natale is more gifted than Pirlo, he calls him the most gifted player he has played with, which is not only a total disrespect to Andrea, but also other greats like Alex, Nedved, Salihamidzic, Ibra or Totti. He must have been on drugs when he said it

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Maybe he just thought Di Natale was more technical gifted. No crime in him having an opinion like that since Di Natale was great and Camo trained with all of them so he should know more than enough to have an informed opinion.

We'd save ourselves this argument if Camo had just hung around long enough to work with Sturaro. Then he'd be the obvious pick.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What you fail to realize is, even if di Natale is technically more gifted than Pirlo, which he is not, the statement Camo made is so disrespectful that he deserves to be banned from football. He didn't say di Natale is more gifted than Pirlo, he calls him the most gifted player he has played with, which is not only a total disrespect to Andrea, but also other greats like Alex, Nedved, Salihamidzic, Ibra or Totti. He must have been on drugs when he said it
What a random mention :lol:

Biased zizi :disagree:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Yes, but that's just the thing. Di Natale doesn't really strike me as a particularly technically gifted player.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Shots fired

Chiellini: "'Guardiolianism' ruined a generation of defenders; they can organize themselves but they don't know how mark a forward (...) We [Italy NT] must stay away from tiki taka, it's not in our DNA"

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Ye we must not get with the times and evolve with football and instead focus on playing like it's still the 1990's

I see Chiellini's point but attack wins you trophies these days more than defences

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Shots fired

Chiellini: "'Guardiolianism' ruined a generation of defenders; they can organize themselves but they don't know how mark a forward (...) We [Italy NT] must stay away from tiki taka, it's not in our DNA"
He's right. The times when tiki taka dominated world football are over anyway.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah the others are a bit weirder, and I probably wouldn't agree. But it's still no laughable statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but that's just the thing. Di Natale doesn't really strike me as a particularly technically gifted player.
Fair enough, I'd disagree there.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah the others are a bit weirder, and I probably wouldn't agree. But it's still no laughable statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, I'd disagree there.
how is it not laughable? Pirlo retires and this dude, of all the things he could have said, comes out of his way to say that the most technical player he has played with isnt Pirlo, then goes on to mention not Alex or even Totti, but freakin Di Natale. he should have his italian citizenship revoked and banned from the country forever

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
how is it not laughable? Pirlo retires and this dude, of all the things he could have said, comes out of his way to say that the most technical player he has played with isnt Pirlo, then goes on to mention not Alex or even Totti, but freakin Di Natale. he should have his italian citizenship revoked and banned from the country forever
With how that article is worded I'm 99% sure that he was asked about this by a journalist. If he actually went out of his way and brought it up himself (by asking himself a question nonetheless, sure sign that it was a journalist question), it would've been pretty weird, I agree.

And again, Toto was a class player.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watching Croatia-Greec btw, remember when Vrsaljko was supposed to be the future of our right side? :touched:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With how that article is worded I'm 99% sure that he was asked about this by a journalist. If he actually went out of his way and brought it up himself (by asking himself a question nonetheless, sure sign that it was a journalist question), it would've been pretty weird, I agree.

And again, Toto was a class player.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watching Croatia-Greec btw, remember when Vrsaljko was supposed to be the future of our right side? :touched:
Ofcourse he was asked, but you don't say Di Natale, even if you think that's the case (which would raise another question, is Camo a retard?). It's a huge disrespect to an all time great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)