[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (6 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
France is going to bottle it most likely
Spain is going to do a good World Cup but not win it
Brazil might make the SF or the final but lose it
Germany won't win it this time (Strong but weaker than 2014)
Italy non factor or out in the playoff
England and Argentina no comment

Portugal is going to Greece it once again Euro 2016 style and win the whole thing

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Portugal is going to Greece it once again Euro 2016 style and win the whole thing

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
You easily get the clearer picture after the group stages obviously, but the real deal is predicting it before that.

The World Cup is one month only, no such thing as peaking before the competition. CL is spread out over a year and club football involves many more championship games in the meanwhile so that's different.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
You easily get the clearer picture after the group stages obviously, but the real deal is predicting it before that.

The World Cup is one month only, no such thing as peaking before the competition. CL is spread out over a year and club football involves many more championship games in the meanwhile so that's different.
It's not the real deal, but all about luck. The tournament is next summer, ffs. Italy looked horrible in group qualifiers and friendlies before the 2016 Euroes, but ended up being one of the best playing teams knocked out against Germany, on penalties, only because Zaza acted like a clown. And it was with a mediocre team who many (me included) heavily criticised, cause they looked uninspiring and absolutely horrible till the tournament started.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Fucking lol Portugal might not even make the knockouts if they get a tough group

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hehe, predicted Portugal in 2016 and think similarly this time we'll see :D

It's not the real deal, but all about luck. The tournament is next summer, ffs. Italy looked horrible in group qualifiers and friendlies before the 2016 Euroes, but ended up being one of the best playing teams knocked out against Germany, on penalties, only because Zaza acted like a clown. And it was with a mediocre team who many (me included) heavily criticised, cause they looked uninspiring and absolutely horrible till the tournament started.
Yeah but not everybody thought Italy were screwed in 2016, I thought they would do good with Conte last year and they did considering their pool talent. With Ventura it's not a stretch to say they won't win the World Cup, there's a part of luck and there's also the strength of a team that plays role - it's not all luck. The one winning it in the end deserve it no matter what

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Hehe, predicted Portugal in 2016 and think similarly this time we'll see :D

Yeah but not everybody thought Italy were screwed in 2016, I thought they would do good with Conte last year and they did considering their pool talent. With Ventura it's not a stretch to say they won't win the World Cup, there's a part of luck and there's also the strength of a team that plays role - it's not all luck. The one winning it in the end deserve it no matter what
What? Come on. We all thought Italy would completely crash and burn. What Conte did was absolutely amazing. He proved why he's class. Anyways. If (and a big if) Italy qualifies, I don't think they'll go that far. I actually think they have the best pool of players in years, but Ventura has showned to absolutely clueless. Brazil looks really good and based on performance so far (Imo), they're the favourites with Germany and Spain just sniffing their asses. France is close to Spain.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Argentina will win it. Messi buried his demons.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Have you watched them in the last two years? They dont even try to play as a team. It will work against small sides because of their abundance of talent but not even messi will save them in the knockouts

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Have you watched them in the last two years? They dont even try to play as a team. It will work against small sides because of their abundance of talent but not even messi will save them in the knockouts
I have seen them. Doesn't matter. Their final qualifying game changed them as a team and it changed Messi too. I see them as favourites.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I have seen them. Doesn't matter. Their final qualifying game changed them as a team and it changed Messi too. I see them as favourites.

Don't know what gave you that impression. Was more of the same and they were saved by the individual quality of Lionel Messi.

It was enough to get them there, still don't see that holding up in games against top opposition though

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think Camoranesi do hard drugs..
He said that Pirlo isn't the most technically gifted player he worked with as the most gifted one was Di Natale..
Di Natale was certainly a good player but no way he was as gifted as Pirlo + I think he forgot about DP Totti and Zidane (or he only related to Italians...)
+Camoranesi himself was also more technically gifted than Di Natale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)