[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
wow, 23 people protesting, we can expect the Martinez sack any day now
Like I said, that doesn't happen with this kind of events. I am all for sacking Martinez, but I have an actual job. And in the end it is still just football. I'm not going to protest for something that is ultimately meaningless.

Martinez will be sacked if we don't make it to the final though. The situation will become unmanagenable. The odd part is that his contract has only just been renewed. But there's so much corruption at our FA that I honestly don't know why. Because even before this decision, Martinez was widely disliked.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Like I said, that doesn't happen with this kind of events. I am all for sacking Martinez, but I have an actual job. And in the end it is still just football. I'm not going to protest for something that is ultimately meaningless.

Martinez will be sacked if we don't make it to the final though. The situation will become unmanagenable. The odd part is that his contract has only just been renewed. But there's so much corruption at our FA that I honestly don't know why. Because even before this decision, Martinez was widely disliked.
Obviously he's digging himself deeper and deeper in this clash with Radja, just puts unnecessary pressure on a team that's already fragile mentally, I'll be very surprised if he still has his job after the tournament. It's not like anyone forced those 9000 to press that they're going though :D

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Does anyone in Belgium know that this is the last generation they can make something with and that they should sack Martinez before it's too late?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

How can you say that? The amount of happiness a World Cup win brings to almost every national of a given country is immense. Football does matter.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Not a chance in hell, on both accounts.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not a chance in hell, on both accounts.

No, you can consider him gone. Contract extensions mean fuck all in today's game and Martinez already dug himself a huge hole. The biggest issue for our FA here is that the relationship between the team and the fans is broken. It had been going downhill for a while now, but the decision Martinez made was really catastrophic. As was the incredibly patronising response from the FA itself. Without that relationship the national team is suddenly a whole lot less interesting for sponsors. Money talks. And Martinez will be removed.

As for our tournament, Martinez has shown that he has not been able to improve our game against tactically solid teams. If De Bruyne says there is no system Martinez and we are nowhere tactically, that's a pretty strong statement. If we face a team as strong as even Colombia I think we're out. Never mind Argentina, Germany or Spain.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fucking Witsel hasn't trained all week. Dude is fucking injured. So we leave Nainggolan at home for someone who plays in China and isn't even fit.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
If you guys had any doubts who to cheer for when Italy is not there... :p

Poland stronk :vinny:

Also, nice picture of Milinkovic there :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)