[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (5 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mascherano... my favorite defensive midfielder from his river plate time till he joined Barcelona.. seemed like he lost his best of the world status there...

..then he does this. Damn. So much wasted potential at barcelona
Indeed.

Amazing player he was he was at Liverpool. Then they placed him as a CB and everything changed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Indeed.

Amazing player he was he was at Liverpool. Then they placed him as a CB and everything changed.
So strange, they could have gotten 2 other defenders for the fee they pay'd for him, because as a cb, especially so small with poor jumping (especially considering cannavaro), and did a better job.

But Mascherano.. he needs that central space between midfield and defence. Domminate it and win every single duel, cut every single pass, and boss the players around him.

First time since forever that i didnt support argentina, but seeing Mascherano play that good did put a smile on my face

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8,478
    sawg? :p

Didn't see his post-match interview. But I think Van Gaal's clever strike was shown in knowing that the real glory and attention would be in playing the hosts for 3rd place after that historic drubbing. Totally counterintuitive and shrewd while everyone was distracted by the Final.

The man's a genius. He managed to outsmart both Germany and Argentina in one stroke, and he didn't even have to play Germany to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)