[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (10 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I can see where you are coming from but the elimination stage was very good too, imo, bar this Brazil-Germany fiasco. The only thing that hurt the quality there was the timing of the early games forcing teams to play in ridiculous conditions. Even then, however, there were some good ones among those games (eg. Mexico-Netherlands). All the late games, as far as I remember, offered some very good footie and a great deal of drama though, even a game between irrelevant teams like CR vs Greece.

As for this 7-1 drubbing, it could well have turned into an epic game had Brazil scored those chances they got in the first 10 or min of the 2nd half. Sure one cannot say the way it all went down was the perfect scenario from a footie standpoint but even then, a shocking game like this one does give a WC event an unique flavor for the ages.

I for one would have to go back 20+ years to try to dig up a WC as memorable as this one, or more precisely, one that comes even close.
Easy, 1998. Zidane and Ronaldo at their peak, fancy argentina side, world class holland side, spain choking, chilavert, italy's best offensive generation etc

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I didn't watch the full game? But everyone is making fun of Bernard? What happened?
The germans have evolved their gas.

That's why I support Netherlands to win the WC.
There is more then that. Holland winning its first world cup because Van Gaal(hated by many) decided to take a bad quality holland (compared to previous generations), and have it play organised football instead of total football.

Just let that sink in. Van Gaal's genius winning Hollands first worldcup.

SO MUCH WIN

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
what the shit ?

2012 italy in the qualifying rounds, and half the tournament, he played like 2 games without the tactic, and lost the second partially because of that

Low has been using bayeren's tactics ever since he started as germany coach. Wich is normal considering how many players come from there.

Good that he decided to use the best bayeren as the blueprint, and not the shit one

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
what the shit ?

2012 italy in the qualifying rounds, and half the tournament, he played like 2 games without the tactic, and lost the second partially because of that

Low has been using bayeren's tactics ever since he started as germany coach. Wich is normal considering how many players come from there.

Good that he decided to use the best bayeren as the blueprint, and not the shit one
He played the formation in one game during the Euroes.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
the WC has been full of drama and action. I think neutrals cannot have asked more than this.

And for the ones saying that the footie level has been sub par...lets be sincere... in other cups it has been more or less the same...bar 2 or 3 real strong teams...there are always good teams that choke and poor teams that go out as fast as they came in.

Still, we need to be happy because no matter what happens.....nothing can be worse than the Korea Japa bullshid which is IMO the worst WC of all times

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
I was worried that the ref was going to tilt the game towards Brazil. Thankfully it was all over in just 26 minutes. It was pathetic to watch the Brazilian players diving trying to get free kicks and penalties when they were already 5-0 down. The Germans were screaming at them telling them to get up.

Brazil maybe have produced the best players in the world but their dirty tricks and unsportsmanship behavior have corrupted football for years. They finally got what they deserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)