[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (10 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Agreed, I thought the exact same thing. You could say they were.....conserving their energy for this game :p
They sortha did yeah.

hammered porgual, secured the group without to much energy
played it easy and a bit underestimated vs algeria
and then got a goal against france and locked the game

and they are going to be very fresh for the final. Good luck to holland or argentina if that game goes into extra time

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Tomorrow's headlines. today

Brazil, Müllered
Germany in Kroos control
Ze Germans Klose in on 4th World Cup win
7-1! Schurrle you can't be serious?
Lahm attempt from Brazil
7-1 in the semifinal! Hoewedes possible?!
Neuer situation for Canarinhos fans
No Loew for Brazil from Ze Germans

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Very enjoying match from a neutral perspective, but such disgraceful defending by Brazil. Before the World Cup most of us agreed that on paper Brazils defense was its strongest department, but look at them tonight. What a joke..

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Belgian analyst said it the best

"This Germany, reminds me of Bayeren munchen. But not current, the juggernaut from 2 years ago under Heynckens."

Totally agreed. Filthy peasants of tiki taki watch and see, how your disgusting playstyle is the difference between beeing unimpressive and knocked out early, and this glorious $#@!.
Luckily Low realized this and went for jupp's style instead. He started the WC playing with lahm in the midfield and tried to play like that asshole of guardiola.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Luckily Low realized this and went for jupp's style instead. He started the WC playing with lahm in the midfield and tried to play like that asshole of guardiola.
Well noticed :tup:

Low usually just copies Bayeren, much like Prandelli who copied Juventus

Thing with Low is, that he had the balls to switch to the tactic of the most impressive team i've witnessed in two decaces : 2012/2013 bayern munchen

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I still stand by my original statement: a great group stage followed by an unsuspenseful and boring knock-out stage.

For example, if you thought this was a great match for the WC, you're watching it for reasons other than good football.
I can see where you are coming from but the elimination stage was very good too, imo, bar this Brazil-Germany fiasco. The only thing that hurt the quality there was the timing of the early games forcing teams to play in ridiculous conditions. Even then, however, there were some good ones among those games (eg. Mexico-Netherlands). All the late games, as far as I remember, offered some very good footie and a great deal of drama though, even a game between irrelevant teams like CR vs Greece.

As for this 7-1 drubbing, it could well have turned into an epic game had Brazil scored those chances they got in the first 10 or min of the 2nd half. Sure one cannot say the way it all went down was the perfect scenario from a footie standpoint but even then, a shocking game like this one does give a WC event an unique flavor for the ages.

I for one would have to go back 20+ years to try to dig up a WC as memorable as this one, or more precisely, one that comes even close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)