[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (7 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They haven't lost a competitive game in Brazil in nearly 40 years. As "pathetic" as they may seem, they still have that record to protect, a vociferous home crowd and most likely the match officials by their side. And also let's not forget that Germany has developed a bit of a reputation in the last few years of being chokers in the semi final stage of competition.

The loss of Neymar is a blessing in disguise IMO, because now the attacking midfielders and strikers will see this as opportunity to prove to their country that they can win without their star player. I expect Fred to score.
If they do win I can only see it with that, which is even more pathetic.

As for Neymar, I see your point, but I disagree. Simply because all those players looked quite lost, even with Neymar there. I don't think anything will change after so many matches.

We'll see how it goes tonight. I know Germany usually chokes at this stage, but I'm gonna be surprised tbh if they go out tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been obvious since the first week of the competition.
You could've made a fortune if you thought it was obvious. Actually, you still can. If it's obvious then it's easy money.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Brazil, Argentina and Spain :yuck:
Spain only as of recently. They have always been chokers on every major tournament before their golden generation. Similar to Holland, qualifying easily for every tournament, only to crumble at the very first obstacle on their way. Probably we'll see more of that Spain from now on. Agreed on Brazil, and I'd add England to that list. Don't mind Argies that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)