[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (14 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,803
    I like this nonsensical thought that we get to independently define someone else's nationality, given our intimate familiarity of what a player has experienced and should feel.

Nov 17, 2012
    It actually had nothing to do with the weather or geography bro.
    Sorry then, I might have mistaken the angle of your point then. No harm done, I just dislike words like 'nationalism' being thrown around willy nilly in the wrong manner for the wrong reasons in a totally incorrect context. After all some people do feel strongly about that point, both ways, my apologies mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Career choice played in, but Rossi is 2nd generation Italian, his parents born and raised in Italy, moved to US for work, and he moved back to Italy (for footie) as 12-13 year old. Pretty sure he identities with Italy alot more then say the argie Oriundi's who's great great grandfather came from Italy a century and half ago (or in general pre WW2 days...).
    That would make him a 1st generation then, if his parents were migrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Career choice played in, but Rossi is 2nd generation Italian, his parents born and raised in Italy, moved to US for work, and he moved back to Italy (for footie) as 12-13 year old. Pretty sure he identities with Italy alot more then say the argie Oriundi's who's great great grandfather came from Italy a century and half ago (or in general pre WW2 days...).
    That would make him a 1st generation then, if his parents were migrants.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Rossi does not act Italian, sound Italian, or even look Italian. From his interviews he sounds like someone born and raised in the US, so no, he seems more American than Italian to anybody who has seen folks of either descent.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Rossi does not act Italian, sound Italian, or even look Italian. From his interviews he sounds like someone born and raised in the US, so no, he seems more American than Italian to anybody who has seen folks of either descent.
    But all the Italians I've seen look like this:

Oh wait, no. That's guidos!

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,814
    Because just like an Italian can't be black, and Italian can't speak English. :pumpkin:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Close enough. I'm in Skopje and it's just as hot as it's up there in Kosovo, with lots of humidity, just like it is in my country on the Adriatic. Folks from West or North Europe find our summers pretty tough to handle. But it's not even close to how we'll feel in the Persian gulf or Brazil. I was in Ukraine for the euros two years ago and I couldn't handle the air in Kiyv. It felt like I'm breathing the Dnieper river, even if the temperature showed only 19 C. It felt like 40 over here. I can only imagine how it's like in Manaus. But the experts here think there is no difference and Marchisio was lying about the hallucinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and you can stop arguing with me, folks, and start arguing with Pirlo.

"These factors are definitely important especially when you come to these countries with great heat and humidity and players more used to these conditions," Pirlo said.
    "There are two World Cups. One in the north and one in the south."

Isn't Pirlo from a Mediterranean country? Why would he complain about the conditions in Brazil?
    So what exactly are you trying to convey in all of this? What do you want FIFA to do?

Today in Miami it was 94 degrees and 90% humidity. In Washington DC it was 88 degrees and 60% humidity. In Chicago it was 90 degrees and 80% humidity. DC is on the same longitude as Barcelona, Napoli, and parts of the Balkans, Chicago is on the same longitude as Monaco and Florence. Do you want FIFA to restrict certain areas if they happen to lie on certain areas of longitude and latitude?

The only thing your post proved is that perhaps Pirlo should have retired.

- - - Updated - - -

But all that matters is citizenship, right?
    That's all I care about, but people here defend Rossi because they think he is 100% pure Italian olive oil, then say someone like Camoranesi is probably less Italian. From what I have seen, Camo is definitely more Italian. Look at this fool:

Look at this clown. He is indeed straight from Jersey, no doubt about it. He's so Jersey he probably has radioactive waste ear wax.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so let's make this clear, Robben said sorry for his first dive, don't confuse it with the penalty one which was a clear PK, just like the one where he nearly got sandwiched, Mexico did a great job and let us try and dictate the game after Dos Santos scored. You could clearly see that Mexico got confused when Depay came in and we played 4-3-3 and later 4-4-2.
    Herrera can suck it, let him watch the replays of those fouls and see if he will say sorry about his earlier comments. It's not like the ref didn't gave them FK's for his players diving and faking fouls.
    If Mexico had a quality striker they would have won this. They were one of the most entertaining teams ive seen on this World Cup, props for them.
    Quater final! Hopefully with Nigel de Jong!
    Robben can apologize all he wants, he's still a disgraceful diver who should receive a lengthy ban for that.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    you are fucking hitler, why the fuck it's bother you who and where he was born? jeez

- - - Updated - - -

Instant tv Rage Karma :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)