[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (16 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Di maria for arg would be more effective if played as an attacker , with madrid they have ronaldo and bale so it works for them but in this case aguero and higuain don't have the movement of wingers .

With most of the balls being played through the middle and no wingers to stretch the defense , messi gets very little space to create . Fullbacks end up with over-lapping runs making defense vulnerable.

4-2-3-1 with mascherano - enzo perez as holding mids would allow arg to attack with di maria , messi , aguero and lavezzi/higuain which is their strength .
that looks much better and completely agree with you but sabella will not experiment at this point unless he has to

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Luis Suarez has breached art. 48 & 57 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code. Which can see a player suspended for a maximum 24 matches or 2 years. Suarez and Uruguay have until 5PM Brasil time to provide evidence that Luis did not bite Chiellini.

Considering this is Suarez's third incident of biting players, I would expect a harsh sanction, but knowing the corruption in this game I'm not really sure what's going to happen.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
#FRA LINE-UP: Lloris (c), Sakho, Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi, Sagna, Digne Sissoko, Pogba, Koscielny, Schneiderlin

#ECU LINE-UP: Dominguez, Guagua, Erazo, Paredes, Noboa, Montero, W. Ayovi, E. Valencia, Minda, Arroyo (c), A. Valencia

- - - Updated - - -

#SUI LINE-UP: Benaglio, Lichtsteiner, Inler (c), Xhaka, Behrami, Rodriguez, Mehmedi, Drmic, Djourou, Schaer, Shaqiri

#HON LINE-UP: Valladares (c), Figueroa, Bernardez, J Garcia, W Palacios, Bengtson, Costly, B Garcia, Espinoza, Claros, Beckeles

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I heard Suarez can potentially be banned from football for two years.

That would be so sweet.
That's a pretty general interpretation of the rules. Two other things would have to happen for Suarez to be banned by FIFA for all competitions. FIFA only has the power to ban him from International matches at the moment.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,671
    that iwould be beyond ridiculous, if i were liverpool id sue fifa
    :agree: Yup. I doubt we'll see more than him being knocked out of the Cup and that's it. FIFA has no ballz for this sort of thing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    ecuador or switzerland

- - - Updated - - -

that iwould be beyond ridiculous, if i were liverpool id sue fifa
    Fifa can only sue for international games. I'm sure Pool wouldnt mind not losing him for his NT every so often

Argentina needs a creative ball holder in MF who can pass, Gago is nowhere near the level of Veron/Riquelme.

Argentina need to understand the importance, to stop beeing idiot peasants.

They are playing crappy narrow football, with huge risks from the back. Their coach is a tactical turd when it comes to defending.

What they should do, is understand how to create space for messi, how that they can build up the play, without Messi. That is THE key thing.

To do so, they must deploy a 4231 / 4411 formation.

The defence can be as it currently is, but the fullbacks have to be alot more tactically limited.
    The holding midfield must consist of Mascherano, and Biglia. The latter isnt as good as Pirlo, but a good deep playmaker nontheless. And key to succeed.

The wings must consist of Di Maria and Lavezzi, who deliberately press very high and keep the play wide, but fall back deep in defence.

The forward must be Higuain OR Aguero, depending on the opponent. THis forward must stretch the play.

Both wingers and the forward, SHOULD NEVER drop to the deep center to get the ball.

Lastly, Messi plays a free role behind Higuain/Aguero. He can combine with the other players , and draw them out of position, but not keep the ball to long.
    Messi is about the only player allowed to come ask for the ball, but not next to the cm's. He should allways remain in the gap between striker and holding midfielder

Play this diciplined way, and suddenly there is a shitload of space. Apart from Germany, nobody can play argentina like this without having to park the bus.

Even against a better team? Who will they get in the next round?
    second placed team in group E.
    Switserland or Equador.
    Argentina has a very easy road to the semi's

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Banning him for international matches only is the only sensible move to me, I'm hoping for anything between 10-24 games. Don't really see any reason to include games on a club level.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    That's the game I'm watching too :D

I don't think it has anything to do with FIFA's balls. He bit someone in a FIFA tournament, no point in kicking him out of EPL, let the FA deal with that.
    Plus FIFA can't actually suspend a player from non-FIFA matches unless the organization requests it. So UEFA and the FA would have to ask FIFA to include their games in the punishment.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    That's a pretty general interpretation of the rules. Two other things would have to happen for Suarez to be banned by FIFA for all competitions. FIFA only has the power to ban him from International matches at the moment.
    Yeah I meant only Internationals. It still would be pretty sweet.

I'm guessing that if he's punished by FIFA, the English FA will hand out their own additional sort of punishment.

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
    Well, if all international football associations are subscribed to FIFA rules and organization by decree I guess FIFA could also extend the ban for domestic leagues.

But it makes more sense that he is only banned for NT, since the infraction was committed during a WC.

Besides, clubs will shit bricks if FIFA use that power to ban their players.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,680
    I still think it's been James Rodriguez's World Cup, and he's just allowed Messi and Neymar to live in it ... so far. :stuckup:

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)