[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (22 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i still feel argentina's biggest weakness is their midfield, as lively as di maria is he just is not a good mid in this argentina set up, add to that the underwhelming performances gagos been putting in, and you have a really light weight midfield. Zabaleta is often cuaght out of position because he has to cover for those 2's mistakes or absence.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think they need to balance things out more, especially when they come up against better teams. Put Di Maria out wide, give Messi a free role and play one of Higuain or Aguero. Their mid options aren't great but I think they would be more balanced.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I think they need to balance things out more, especially when they come up against better teams. Put Di Maria out wide, give Messi a free role and play one of Higuain or Aguero. Their mid options aren't great but I think they would be more balanced.
yep but it's too late now, unless somebody gets hurt sabella will stick with this

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i still feel argentina's biggest weakness is their midfield, as lively as di maria is he just is not a good mid in this argentina set up, add to that the underwhelming performances gagos been putting in, and you have a really light weight midfield. Zabaleta is often cuaght out of position because he has to cover for those 2's mistakes or absence.
Their defense is pretty bad too. Three goals against them in games they won by one goal isn't impressive. Especially considering the teams they've played so far.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Their defense is pretty bad too. Three goals against them in games they won by one goal isn't impressive. Especially considering the teams they've played so far.
yes defense is weak too, but i think today they were worse than usual, after every game i am more and more convinced theres no way they will win this

- - - Updated - - -

Argentina needs a creative ball holder in MF who can pass, Gago is nowhere near the level of Veron/Riquelme.
:tup:

exactly, that kind of player provides a lot relief for the defense and also lets messi open up defenses for his partner

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
he spent the last 6 months in NOB, but it think it's more ot do with his behavior, sabella has 0 tolerance for trouble makers
Di maria for arg would be more effective if played as an attacker , with madrid they have ronaldo and bale so it works for them but in this case aguero and higuain don't have the movement of wingers .

With most of the balls being played through the middle and no wingers to stretch the defense , messi gets very little space to create . Fullbacks end up with over-lapping runs making defense vulnerable.

4-2-3-1 with mascherano - enzo perez as holding mids would allow arg to attack with di maria , messi , aguero and lavezzi/higuain which is their strength .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)