[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (11 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,021
    Fuck you :D . Checked wiki and you were right about it being stolen though , the first time it was a found by a dog named Pickels :lol: . Again according to wiki there is space for only 4 more winners names to be engraved in the bottom of the cup , up until 2030 , 100th anniversary
    Pickles is a national hero in England. As dubious as the situation may have seemed in Brazil, could you imagine if it got stolen this WC?

Meanwhile the Rimet trophy is still AWOL and Brazil remains implicated. :shifty:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    Pickles is a national hero in England. As dubious as the situation may have seemed in Brazil, could you imagine if it got stolen this WC?

Meanwhile the Rimet trophy is still AWOL and Brazil remains implicated. :shifty:
    It would have been funny if they robbed it just before the final match , after brasil's 7-1 semifinal match . I read on wiki that they suspect they have melted it . That cup will never be found again

- - - Updated - - -

Btw

"Pickles died in 1967 when he choked on his lead while chasing a cat ."

I know it's sad , but this makes me laugh :lol:

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,023
    Btw

"Pickles died in 1967 when he choked on his lead while chasing a cat ."

I know it's sad , but this makes me laugh :lol:
    Just goes to show: you may be a World Cup hero one moment, but chasing pussy will kill you the next. :skull:

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
    Mar 16, 2013
    - - - Updated - - -

It only works for teams about to get their 4th title.
    thanks m8 sorry was drunken as hell yesterday :burke: still feels unreal, magic day, streets were full of riot here :lol:

this generation of players deserved that cup, after so many semi finals in a row, it was their last chance for the likes of schweini, lahm and co..

brazil fans were great, they cheered for us, it was a great experience :D 4th title means so much, same level as italy and one behind brazil, no question this three are the biggest football nations in history

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    thanks m8 sorry was drunken as hell yesterday :burke: still feels unreal, magic day, streets were full of riot here :lol:

this generation of players deserved that cup, after so many semi finals in a row, it was their last chance for the likes of schweini, lahm and co..

brazil fans were great, they cheered for us, it was a great experience :D 4th title means so much, same level as italy and one behind brazil, no question this three are the biggest football nations in history
    its time to kick out guardiola and get a proper coach to play some of that 2013 heynckens football

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013

Enjoy, my man. I was lucky enough to have lived that twice so i know what it feels like, party as much as you can. And this generation truly deserved it, too much talent to just let an below average Argentina squad take it from you.

Question though, did you actually went to Brazil or?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind giving the golden ball to Messi. I know that Maradona was most probably right when he says that it was for marketing reasons, but I'll still try to find sporting reasons.

It's true that no attacking player, at least from the 4 semifinalists, was that much superior to feel robbed when Messi got the trophy. James' handicap was that he played only 5 matches, so he was rightfully not considered. The other potential candidates who play attack or as attacking midfielders were Muller, Robben and Neymar. The German scored 5 and assisted 3. Only 1 goal and 2 assists in the knockouts for him. Robben had 0 goals and 0 assists in the knockouts, but he did win 2 penalties, one of which was decisive. Neymar played only 2 knockout matches in which he registered an assist. Messi played 450 minutes in the knockouts (4 matches, but due to 3 extra times that's equivalent to 5 matches) in which he managed only 1 assist, while in most of the matches he was easily stopped and with 71 lost ball (10 per match) was the 2nd most dispossessed player. As it can be seen, neither of the three was good in the knockouts, but the numbers (overall and solely knockouts) support Muller, who happened to play for the WC winning team, unlike the others. Hell, Schurrle scored 3 goals in the knockouts and assisted the WC winning goal, while Messi, Neymar and Robben together have 0 goals and 2 assists.
    So, even if only attacking players are considered, it should have been Muller. More goals and more assists than the others, and he also won the WC with his team.

But why only attacking players? Argentina had a 2:1 goal difference in those 4 knockout matches and Mascherano had world class performances in all of them. Or if we're looking for a WC winner - Schweinsteiger, Hummels and Neuer were brilliant. The German midfield won every battle, while the defense kept 4 clean sheets, and on two other matches they allowed a goal only when the match was already won.

I guess they will go with: "Messi was the reason Argentina made it to the final", but to say that, Messi should have been assisting or scoring vital goals on route to the final, which he didn't really do past the group stage in possibly the weakest group in the WC. It was the goalkeeper, the defense and the dm that took the Argies so far.

No sporting reasons whatsoever for this.

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind giving the golden ball to Messi.
    ' Messi shows the way

No player pocketed the award more times than Lionel Messi. The Argentinian, who also walked away with the adidas Golden Ball, was named Budweiser Man of the Match on four occasions at Brazil 2014, thanks to his decisive contributions against Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria and Switzerland.

Next on the list with three come Arjen Robben, James Rodriguez and Keylor Navas, the last two having made crucial contributions to Colombia and Costa Rica’s historic runs to the quarter-finals. '

there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)