[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (6 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sounds like a classic randomiser FIFA ref, they love them in the KO stage.
Yep, they are well known for this (Italy V Korea for example) I don't think an Aussie ref has any business officiating a knock out round of a WC, regardless of the stature of the teams. But I hope he proves me wrong. A player in the A-League called him a "shit gay gypsy" on his Twitter page and copped a suspension :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And the biggest joke were the seedings. You can't have Uruguay, Italy and England in the same group, or Chile, Spain and Holland, while Belgium are heading the group with Russia, Korea and Algeria.

Who are Belgium and what did they do to be seeded? They didn't even play in the 2006 and 2010 world cup. They didn't play at euro 2004, 2008 and 2012 either. Since 2002 they didn't make it in any of the 5 big tournaments, yet they get to be a group holder. Similar with Colombia. Basing the seeding on the FIFA ranking was wrong.
:agree:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
And the biggest joke were the seedings. You can't have Uruguay, Italy and England in the same group, or Chile, Spain and Holland, while Belgium are heading the group with Russia, Korea and Algeria.

Who are Belgium and what did they do to be seeded? They didn't even play in the 2006 and 2010 world cup. They didn't play at euro 2004, 2008 and 2012 either. Since 2002 they didn't make it in any of the 5 big tournaments, yet they get to be a group holder. Similar with Colombia. Basing the seeding on the FIFA ranking was wrong.
:tup:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Alen is salty European teams got kicked out. According to him Portugal and England are full of talent :lol: Italy would've gone out in any continent considering the way they play and Spain has no one to blame but themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: this cunt is a classic!!!!! I love bogan humour :D
Lol is that for real?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Alen is salty European teams got kicked out. According to him Portugal and England are full of talent :lol: Italy would've gone out in any continent considering the way they play and Spain has no one to blame but themselves.
Except his argument about Belgium not deserving to be the head of the group i disagree with everything else.

He's still butthurt his team was knocked out and feel that Europeans should always dominate the tournament, even though all the teams he mentioned played like absolute SHIT. Italy was utter shit, England is and always been a farce, Spain's downfall was predicted last year, Portugal to me was the worst team in the tournament, my eyes bled.

Mar 9, 2006
Except his argument about Belgium not deserving to be the head of the group i disagree with everything else.

He's still butthurt his team was knocked out and feel that Europeans should always dominate the tournament, even though all the teams he mentioned played like absolute SHIT. Italy was utter shit, England is and always been a farce, Spain's downfall was predicted last year, Portugal to me was the worst team in the tournament, my eyes bled.
Okay, then place 4 European teams in each group and Americans, Asian and Africans in all other

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Lol is that for real?
Nah it's a parody thing. Just taking the puss out of Australias bogan ways, and using the World Cup as a way to promote this particular brand of silliness :D

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4599095 said:
Okay, then place 4 European teams in each group and Americans, Asian and Africans in all other
Why, exactly? What good would that do?

The problem is not the seeding, climate, weather or whatever you want to use as an excuse. Modern football is simply poor and National teams reflects that. You want to tell me that Southern Italian, Portuguese and Spanish people can't stand a little heat? Get out of here.

Their summers are just as hot. They are just bad teams, just like Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. An older friend of mine who's seen Pelé, Cruyff and other legends in their prime told me something that i found to be very true; He said football has it's bar set so low that all teams are equal now. That's exactly what we're seeing.

Mar 9, 2006
Why, exactly? What good would that do?

The problem is not the seeding, climate, weather or whatever you want to use as an excuse. Modern football is simply poor and National teams reflects that. You want to tell me that Southern Italian, Portuguese and Spanish people can't stand a little heat? Get out of here.

Their summers are just as hot. They are just bad teams, just like Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. An older friend of mine who's seen Pelé, Cruyff and other legends in their prime told me something that i found to be very true; He said football has it's bar set so low that all teams are equal now. That's exactly what we're seeing.
:lol:
Do you understand the difference of climates? It's really hot in Europe only in summer, while it's hot in Brazil for all year
tropics zone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)