[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (9 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This Colombia, fine they didnt got a good opponent so far, but they play some excellent football
Flair and fancy :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

It sure is, I like watching both teams.

However I'm not sure if I agree with that first sentence :D I think Holland will break through their middle quite easy so IMO we'll see many dangerous actions if anything.
I also expect Holland to be creating a lot and Mexico defending in a very smart way. I also expect a lot of dangerous counter attacks from the Mexicans.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyways, petty jabbing aside, you defend and attack as a team - the one principle you gotta master if you wanna succeed in team sports. How Colombia do from now on is not gonna come down to what the back 3-4 players do but how the whole team does it's job in defense and attack. That's all that matters - how those pieces fit in one team, not how good or bad they may be separately, which let's face it is always subjective.

Something Brazil might have to learn to do on the fly, especially if Neymar can't make it for next game, 'cause all they've do so far is defend with the back 4, attack with the front 3 and the 3 mids have done jack all besides looking pretty in the sun.
That's all true. Colombia work well as a team, have the chemistry and have quality in midfield and attack. They have individuals who win games. But such weak links covering in front of the goalkeeper are bound to cost you big. Lets face it, that defense wasn't faced with problems, yet, due to the poor showing (and quality) of the opponents in the group and the toothless (pun intended) Uruguay. Their opponents were handled with team work, something they won't be able to do perfectly when they face quality attack and when individual quality in defense will also have to help. I wish them the best, but I can't see them succeeding when they face quality. Not so much for the CBs, as much as for the fact that Armero and Zuniga simply can't defend.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
- What did you discuss? When you go out on the field, you will be blown away there in five minutes - she said confidently. - I'll go out on the field for 15 minutes, but I will die there, and nobody will tell me that it is not laid out, played poorly. - They also spread. - Girl, well, where they were laid? They almost scared. My son goes to the "Locomotive", it almost scared when seeing the ball. Here is the same. Team suckers ... I live in the most powerful country in the world. I want it all was the strongest, and only in the men's sport - even more so!

- - - Updated - - -

KINGfeev

- - - Updated - - -

Capello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=if0wu3HEvJA

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That's all true. Colombia work well as a team, have the chemistry and have quality in midfield and attack. They have individuals who win games. But such weak links covering in front of the goalkeeper are bound to cost you big. Lets face it, that defense wasn't faced with problems, yet, due to the poor showing (and quality) of the opponents in the group and the toothless (pun intended) Uruguay. Their opponents were handled with team work, something they won't be able to do perfectly when they face quality attack and when individual quality in defense will also have to help. I wish them the best, but I can't see them succeeding when they face quality. Not so much for the CBs, as much as for the fact that Armero and Zuniga simply can't defend.
No denying the level of competition is only gonna go up from now on. But think of it this way - Colombia is inferior to Brazil in all zones, not just defense. Despite all the praise the Jameses and Cuadrados of the world may be getting, Colombia just don't compare one-to-one even with this relatively poor generation of Brazilian players (by the usual Brazilian standards). So, their only chance is to overcome this as a team, not just a collection of individuals. That was my point - the names in defense may not be overly exciting but neither are the ones in midfield or attack for that matter, at least not to the point where you can say they are better individually than what Brazil will put out on the field. Luckily for Colombia, at least for now, Brazil have shown poor team chemistry and if that were to continue onto the next game, Colombia may not be as big an underdog as they may seem on paper.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Flair and fancy :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I also expect Holland to be creating a lot and Mexico defending in a very smart way. I also expect a lot of dangerous counter attacks from the Mexicans.
I don't know about that, tbh. The Dutch will likely factor in the "weather" and will realize they can't afford to be the aggressor for long stretches of the game. My guess is they will play a waiting game like they did vs Chile, which carries a lot of similarities to this Mexican team.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know about that, tbh. The Dutch will likely factor in the "weather" and will realize they can't afford to be the aggressor for long stretches of the game. My guess is they will play a waiting game like they did vs Chile, which carries a lot of similarities to this Mexican team.
my point exactly

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They afforded to play a similar game like they did against Chile because a draw would have seen them top the group anyway. A draw here can see them anywhere.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No denying the level of competition is only gonna go up from now on. But think of it this way - Colombia is inferior to Brazil in all zones, not just defense. Despite all the praise the Jameses and Cuadrados of the world may be getting, Colombia just don't compare one-to-one even with this relatively poor generation of Brazilian players (by the usual Brazilian standards). So, their only chance is to overcome this as a team, not just a collection of individuals. That was my point - the names in defense may not be overly exciting but neither are the ones in midfield or attack for that matter, at least not to the point where you can say they are better individually than what Brazil will put out on the field. Luckily for Colombia, at least for now, Brazil have shown poor team chemistry and if that were to continue onto the next game, Colombia may not be as big an underdog as they may seem on paper.
Not sure how entirely true that is, likes of Jackson Martinez and Ramos arent inferior to Fred or Jo (in fact better prolly), and James and Cuadrado has nothing at all to envy from likes of Oscar and Hulk. Brasils DMs, Defence and goalie is whole another matter though, besides Neymar its their strong suit.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks mate. I really wanted to know this.
Fixtures for Sunday 29th June 2014

Netherlands v Mexico. Match 51, at the Estádio Castelão, Fortaleza.

Referee: Pedro PROENÇA (POR)
Assistant Referees: Bertino MIRANDA (POR) and Tiago TRIGO (POR)
Fourth Official: Carlos VERA (ECU)

Costa Rica v Greece. Match 52, at the Arena Pernambuco, Recife

Referee: Benjamin WILLIAMS (AUS)
Assistant Referees: Matthew CREAM (AUS) and Hakan ANAZ (AUS)
Fourth Official: Nawaf SHUKRALLA (BHR)

Monday 30th June 2014
France v Nigeria. Match 53, at the Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasília

Referee: Mark W GEIGER (USA)
Assistant Referees: Mark Sean HURD (USA) and Joe FLETCHER (CAN)
Fourth official: Alireza FAGHANI (IRN)

Germany v Algeria. Match 54, at the Estádio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre

Referee: Sandro RICCI (Brazil)
Assistant Referees: Emerson DE CARVALHO (BRA) and Marcelo VAN GASSE (BRA)
Fourth official: Walter LOPEZ (GUA)

I know you would do the same for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)