[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (29 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Talking about topîc and peasants, i love the lack of knowledge from commentators these days

Like, everyone that claims to be an analyst should know messi is godmode against open teams, and average against diciplined organisations.

Iran and Bosnia did an incredible performance with a defensive blok. In Argentina who have a horrible tactic, it was expected messi wouldnt do much, unless he gets space somehow within 20 meters from goal.

Nigeria plays open, so its to be expected he'd rape.

Commentators be like "oh messi messi messi messi messi, so much improvement, wow, messi messi messi messi"

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Getting rid of Burke was a bad idea. He was that wildcard mod, someone who is always necessary in a group. Who's gonna provide that now? Certainly not X. Maybe Salvo but only if it comes to a female that's related to him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
explosive strikers or generally players who want to burst into space do.

Forwards who are pure poachers, prefer a parked buss cause it means alot more crosses and fumbles comming in

Klose for example
i think in that case you want someone who gets fouled a lot, nothing fucks up packed defenses more than nervous defending, when you're scared to get carded again your margin of error increases.

The issue with messi is because of the lack of a true midfield architect, he has to drop back to midfield and thus is neutralized before he gets even close to dangerous territory. like i said if argentina had a veron or roman in this team theyd be unstoppable imo

Mar 9, 2006
i think in that case you want someone who gets fouled a lot, nothing fucks up packed defenses more than nervous defending, when you're scared to get carded again your margin of error increases.

The issue with messi is because of the lack of a true midfield architect, he has to drop back to midfield and thus is neutralized before he gets even close to dangerous territory. like i said if argentina had a veron or roman in this team theyd be unstoppable imo
meh
nobody like to play against parked bus

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Getting rid of Burke was a bad idea. He was that wildcard mod, someone who is always necessary in a group. Who's gonna provide that now? Certainly not X. Maybe Salvo but only if it comes to a female that's related to him.
yeah, the gang is missing a wildcard now. But if Red is the brains, Dule is the looks and X is the muscle, does that mean Salvo is the useless chick? Or is that Mark?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
If Falcao was available, I'd have said SFs relatively easily. Without him, still SFs but a lot more heavily dependent on their bracket (too lazy to check it now).

All in all, I think they are a good deal better than Argentina and at least as good as, if not better than Brazil, compensating relative lack of individual talent with better overall balance. The top EU teams should be more worried about facing teams like Colombia and Mexico than this Brazil and Argentina, imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)