[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (4 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
some english fool at school was chanting italy cheats italy cheats, i replied, we are more worthy than you jammy english bastards, then being his ignorant english self he went on raving cheats, so i smacked him 1, that was the least he deserved, especially as he p*ssed me off when juve played his overrated arsenal side.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What about the complete lack of fair play from the Germans? Not only did they not return the ball once, they were also very hard throughout the game.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ye well as i said, thts a reason to have a dislike for the germans, they didnt return the ball, and ballack was play acting, reacted angrilly to gattuso's offer of a friendly shake, and was lunging into challenges worthy of him being sent off eventually.

borowski got me fuming, he tackled totti from behind, and his facial reaction after it was not too de similar to c.ronaldo's after getting rooney sent off, it was that distinct look of "job done"

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
I will remember this moment forever. At last I experienced a world cup moment like this. Last time was Swedens 3rd place 94 but I rate this higher.

I've never cried after a game before, so overwhelmed with feelings.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I've still got a hangover from yesterdays game especially after watching it again. During the live broadcast, I hadnt realised how classic Pirlo's pass to Grosso was coz I was flying all over the room and never saw the replay. It was absolute magic - the commentator (Gary Bloom) didnt even mention Pirlo's involvement & how super that pass was - I'm sure if it had been Ronaldinho, Gerrard or Lampard he'd have screamed about the quality of it for eternity.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Badass Devil said:
del piero's interview after the match, was touching, he replied in fluent english, with a tear to his eyes.
ooo I wana see that!! I wonder if anyone can upload it for us

Sep 14, 2003
Badass Devil said:
some english fool at school was chanting italy cheats italy cheats, i replied, we are more worthy than you jammy english bastards, then being his ignorant english self he went on raving cheats, so i smacked him 1, that was the least he deserved, especially as he p*ssed me off when juve played his overrated arsenal side.
Are you aware of the general dislike the French and English have for each other? Well, that won't stop some (most actually) of the English supporting the French - that's how much it would kill them to see Italy become World Champions.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Congratiolations to Italy!!! respect!

It was a hard game and I think that Italy deserve this voctory because they had 10% of luck and they were 90% clever!

Germany had 4 good chances and they dont used any of them! Italy had 7 very good chances and they used 2 of them! result is that the team with the used chances wins!

But I think had deserve a 1:0 or even a penalty shoot out!

I dont want to say anything more, only:

FORZA AZZURRI, so catch the WC now!!
Iam happy for ALE!

p.s.: the action from pirlo in the first half was a penalty, he touched the ball with his arm!

Forza juve

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I'm happy to hear Lippi say they are now thinking about the final coz after classic semi-final encounters it is easy to be embroiled in overzealous celebration. Tournaments can be very cruel and coming 2nd can be like coming last. I'm sure the painful misfortunes and self destructions of the past leave no doubt to the fact that one more big performance is needed to pull through

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Tino said:
Congratiolations to Italy!!! respect!

It was a hard game and I think that Italy deserve this voctory because they had 10% of luck and they were 90% clever!

Germany had 4 good chances and they dont used any of them! Italy had 7 very good chances and they used 2 of them! result is that the team with the used chances wins!

But I think had deserve a 1:0 or even a penalty shoot out!

I dont want to say anything more, only:

FORZA AZZURRI, so catch the WC now!!
Iam happy for ALE!

p.s.: the action from pirlo in the first half was a penalty, he touched the ball with his arm!

Forza juve
yeah the team needs to be more clinical, especially against the big teams

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Holdon said:
Are you aware of the general dislike the French and English have for each other? Well, that won't stop some (most actually) of the English supporting the French - that's how much it would kill them to see Italy become World Champions.

well the general concesus was that the english were supporting the germans with the lame excuse that they wana see the host nation win it, despite the english dislike for the germans, and now they swoop ever lower as to supporting france for whatever the reason, i mean whats wrong with italy? i mean they like zola, he was italian wasnt he?

o well the italians dont need drunken fools to support a proud nation.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Let me just give u a bit of my supersticious opinions.

Italia have had poor games in tournaments when they've worn their white away strip.
We go into the final designated as the home team because of the side of the draw we came from so have preference to use our normal Azzuri kit BUT should Portugal win today, we'll probably have to gear the away kit coz I dont see FIFA approving two dark coloured kits ( our blue kits are not that bright and get onto the dark side when sweat on) and Portugal's away kit is close to black.

On the other side of the equation we could meet France who've painfully beaten us on the last 3 occasions we've met in a major competition (2WC, I Euro). They seem to have certain teams as their punching bags like Spain and Brazil and we could join the club if unfortunate. Infact, they are the last team to have eliminated us in the WC in normal time (2-0 in Mexico 86). We played them in the final of Euro 2000 after a dramatic match were we eliminated the hosts just as it is now. So who would we rather face based on my bullshit ?

In terms of on the field were it really happens, they are both very difficult and have come through quite difficult elimination games. If I'm not mistaken Portugal have also conceeded just 1 goal and have a very good coach whilst the French are generally a very physical team who can stun anyone

But then again we can see a pattern emerging per 12 years :

1970 loss----->1982 win----->1994 loss------>2006 ?

Its like an SAT question. Forza Azzuri.......and yes I know, Its crazy. I'm crazy

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
with the pattern u see in the tournament, (NO revenge) i think that if france r through to the final they should beat italy.
so i want to see portugalgoing through to the final

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Scandal brought Italy squad together, says Lippi
5 July 2006
by Reuters

Italy's FIFA World Cup™ squad, who reached the Final with an extra-time win over Germany on Tuesday, have always said the match-fixing scandal that has shaken Italian football has had no impact on their fortunes.
However, on Wednesday, basking in their 2-0 triumph over the hosts in Dortmund, Italy coach Marcello Lippi said the scandal had actually helped bring his players together.

"Certainly, initially, all the confusion that came out two or three months ago created a desire and a determination to respond and show that Italian football is effective, real and strong on a technical and moral level," said Lippi. "It helped to create a tight group."

But the Italy coach said that while the scandal initially helped his squad to gel in adversity, it was no longer having an impact on his team. "Now it has no effect on us, our conviction comes from the results we have gained here," he said.

On Tuesday, just hours before the Azzurri took the field in Dortmund, prosecutors in the match-fixing tribunal in Rome asked for champions Juventus to be relegated to the third division. They also wanted six-times European champions AC Milan to be thrown out of the top flight Serie A along with former Italian title winners Fiorentina and Lazio.

But Lippi said the issue had not been talked about in the build-up to the FIFA World Cup semi-final with hosts Germany. "We didn't even discuss it, we talked about other matters completely," he said.

No players or coaches have been implicated in the scandal in any form and some have expressed annoyance at the notion that Italian football as a whole may be corrupt.

While the players have been careful not to get involved in public discussions about the scandal some of the Juve players in Lippi's squad took their chance to make a point after Tuesday's victory.

"The Juventus lads were magnificent," said forward Alessandro Del Piero, who scored Italy's second goal after coming on as a substitute. "You could say that that was the latest riposte to what we 'Juventini' have had to take.

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
Canna is THE MAN. I really, really hope he gets player of the tournament. Also, my dream is that he comes through on his word and stays at Juve. Also, is Buffon EVER out of position? He must have sight better than an eagle's.

I still cannot believe that no opposing team has scored on Italy so far.....wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)