• Iran

• Angola

• Portugal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Thanx God!!

Btw, is there any Armenian in the team? A lot of name in the squad ends with "ian", I know you use that too in Iran, but is there any? by chance?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
king Ale said:
YESSSS....
Andranik Teymoorian is Armenian.he'll play against Mexico.I think Andranik(we call him Ando)is an Armenian name.right?
:shocked: :shocked:

I didn't know that, thanx for the Info :thumbs:

it is Antranik, and in short Anto. but the accent is different In Eastern Armenian language, they write D instead of T, and G instead of CH. I don't even know the rules myslef :D

nice! nice! which position he plays? is he any good?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
he's playing in the midfield.have an eye on him.he's very young and talented.he's the 3rd Armenian footballer who's ever chosen for the Iran NT :smile:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i really have high hopes for the iranian team, and i think they will do well.
Ali Daie said this is the best iranian side he played in, and from the few times i saw them i share his opinion.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Oh well, i guess we're out. Good luck to Mexico.

Swagster, does Iran have any chance of beating Portugal? I didnt see Portugal-Angola game today. Are they on form?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ramin said:

Swagster, does Iran have any chance of beating Portugal? I didnt see Portugal-Angola game today. Are they on form?
I think Iran does have a chance of beating Portugal. I have yet to rewatch the match against Mexico, but I think Portugal is just dodgy enough to be caught in an off match by an aggressive and focused Iranian team.

Portugal got by with today's match because Angola couldn't muster many threatening chances when they needed to. Portugal was content to sit on the early one-goal lead and didn't seem as motivated as they should have been for a second. Portugal is far from on form ... but they were playing to the situation.

If Iran plays an aggressive match, puts in a decent game in goal, and takes advantage of occasional Portuguese backline slop -- particularly on set pieces -- they should have a decent chance of getting points out of the match.

(A Persian friend of mine is coming over next Saturday to make Iranian food for the match while my wife makes Portuguese food... should be delicious. :lick:)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i dont know swag i find it really hard for iran specially if they insist on ali daie who is 37 and has to reallize that he is not adding anything to the team infact he is pulling them down as for the goalie i think he hold;s the blame for both the second and third goal, i'd love to see iran beat portugal no doubt, i personally dont have a spot for portugal ( thanks to figo). i think portugal just has strong mid fielders they have one straight striker in this case pauleta, but def there preformance tonight was not convincing what soo ever. i think scolari just has to make up his mind on how he will start against two strong teams like iran and mexico which are no push overs at all.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good game by Mexico with Marquez probably giving the individual performance of the tournament thus far and Bravo playing very well too.

Portugal started well then faded with substitutions again irritating me. Figo was star of the show with Simao being the donkey who should have been subbed.
Andrade and Awka played well but Angola are very poor

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ramin said:

we still have chance Ramin.we had a very good first half against Mexico and until that awful mistake by Mirzapoor(that wasn't his first one) we had controled the match in a right way.IMO Mexico is very stronger than Portugal and I'm sure we can beat them just if Branko realise that there are MANY good replacements for Ali Daei in the team.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
edpiero said:
He wasn't bad eh. An Iranian friend of mine recommended him to me about 4 months ago. He was looking good with the ball. :)
I couldn't focus on his game, I wasn't watching the match all the time, nice to hear he did good. I blame Iran's defeat to their coach, if they played it offensive like the first half, they could even win it.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i think iran could do something and advance to the 2nd... they have a good team.
If they had another moving forward upfront they could've got a better result against mexico.

Portugal were disappointing to me,and they will advance only becuz they have an easy group imo.figo played very well.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
axlrose85 said:
is ali karimi a bayern regular??
No, though he had around 28/29 appearances this season for Bayern. Now that Ballack is out, Karimi will most probably take his place, unless Bayern decides another big name to replace Ballack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)