• England

• Paraguay

• Trinidad and Tobago

• Sweden

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sweden looks like absolute rubbish. However, it's quite nice to see Ibrahimovic have Juventus flashbacks and shoot the ball straight Hislop a couple times. Hopefully Paraguay's defense will shut down Larsson and co again and take the second spot in the group. I would also like to see Trinidad and Tobago go through, however that will probably not happen.

England was quite poor, however I was impressed with them at the back. I can see England going far in this tournament because of their strength in defense and seemingly cautious attitude; I don't remember Robinson having to make one good save.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Paraguay showed today they are playing "game on". While I won't dismiss Sweden yet, Paraguay is going to be tough competition.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I was very disappointed in sweden performance , zlatan proved that he is shit
not only with Juve but also in his NT.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Not very impressive, but I have the feeling we could have stepped up a gear if needed. Its early doors, no need to peak too soon. As Andy said the defence was looking solid which was the main thing.

The rooney chants were deafening every time the camera panned onto him though, brilliant :D

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Woohooow here we go again. :sick:

Sweden looks absolute rubbish, Hopefully they go home empty handed, Ibra made another bad game (even if he scored ten it wouldn't be good huh) yada yada. We didn't score but had some nice opportunities, I would call it fiasco if 0-0 or even 2-0 was a fair result.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
England did not impress but some players did, i am no fan of Crouch but he played very well as did Beckham, Gerrard in the first half and Joe Cole throughout. A bit shaky from Terry and Ferdinand and against better strikers cos Santa Cruz and Paredes were shit, they might pay for that. Valdez did impress. Ashley Cole was horrible and Neville was below average. Owen was average.
The less said about the substitutions the better

Sweden, on thsi site someone mentioned watch out for kallstrom and i read somewhere that he is Sweden's answer to Gerrard and when he came on in the last 10 minutes , you could see why, in that cameo he was great and the coach was a donkey for not playing him from start.
Why did Linderoth play the whole game, its not like they needed a ball winner and he is quite hopeless with the ball
Zlatan showed his Juve form , with his doing a bit of good things and his usual bad things. How someone with such ability can have such a bad first touch is beyond me and his lack of passion for the cause muct really bite, you could see how much it hurt the likes of Larsson and Ljunberg but Zlatan plays like he does not care. He was not offside thruout though
Trinidad and Tobago were just awesom throughout, Yorke as midfield anchor was a revelation, Birchill running all over the place . Edwards was great on the full back role and the 2 centre backs were collossal with Hislop just having a dream day
Long may it continue

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Brent Sancho - "Sono felice di avere fermato Ibra e pensare che sono un tifoso scatenato della Juve".

Brent Sancho - "I'm happy that I stopped Ibra from scoring and to think I'm a super Juve fan".

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i finally got to watch a re-run of england vs paraguay and as every one told me it was really boring, i think england were unconvincing and lucky, thanks to the own goal scored by gamara they would've been really stressed specially against sweden and against the surprise of this group trinidad who surprisingly held sweden to a draw. i dont think ibrahimovic was the worest thing about sweden vs t&t i personnaly thought albert was terrible he had loads of easy chances and basically one on one chances against the man of the match ( the goalie) and just blew it away. ibrahimovic just held to the ball way to much and it was like a show between him and larson on who scores the wining goal. i am still convinced that the two teams who will qualify from this group will be both england and sweden paraguay is'nt in this race yet, we will have to wait and see on how they deal with the swedes. as for england i think they will take better advantage on the t&t unlike the swedes.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #95
    Espectro said:
    Seems that Ljunberg and Mellberg had a "litle" figth today in traning
    Oh MY!! It was yesterday and we hear about it and see it every half an hour here on TV. Talking about making a mole hole.

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
    Sweden was very good against Trinidad, just a little unlucky. We created chance after chance but Lady Luck decided to deny us a goal. Trinidad keeper played an excellent match too. Dwight yorke played his heart out, playing damn near every position possible.

I'm not satisfied with the result but i'm happy with the play, we played the best game of all four teams in the gruop and we are looking very strong. Zlatan is still out of form, he doesn't challange the defenders but still he was one of the best players on the pitch. Good game from him, Ljungberg, Källström and Chippen.

England didn't impress me tbh but as Svennis said, Three points... With the quality they have i only see them getting better and better througout the tourney, they will win easy against Trinidad, especially now as the Trinidadian players are exhausted after the heroic battle they had with us.

We're always helping the English, always! And what do we get in return? Fish n chips..:)

Paraguay looked weak, weak attack and even weaker defence.

Santa Cruz is out of form but Valdez looked sharp, he could create problems for us, but Paraguay as a team can not. We're better then them and this time i hope we come out of the match with a fair result.

I thought before the first match that England and Sweden go through and i'm even more sure if it now.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    We're playin for England.. EN-GER-LAND!
    We're playin a song
    We're singin for England.. EN-GER-LAND!
    Arrivederci its 1 on 1!

:touched: just had this on, the daddy of WC records

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)