• Paraguay

• Trinidad and Tobago

• Sweden

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
denco said:
Carrick? how? He is decent but absolutely nothing special, its almost like saying Perotta will be Italy's secret weapon . He is not pacy, his passes are not earth shattering just keeping it simple kind of play and he is not a breaker of opposition attacks so no he is no secret weapon, a more dangerous prospect if they actually do take him will be Aaron Lennon
Agreed at the end, Lennon has got to go to the world cup, its a must imo.

About Rooney we can only hope and pray for miracles. I'm gutted, and its also bloody typical.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
lennon is going to a great prospect, but i dont think ericksson is taking him. i really like the way he plays, hes soo explosive. If ericksson stopped and thought for a min, he could use lennon instead of beckham who could be a burden on the team

it sucks abt rooney, i wanted to see him in the WC.

but i dont agree with ur signature mate sorry

Jul 28, 2002
england squad announced, shockingly with only 4 strikers. One of whom has never played top flight football and is only 17.....risky business.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Funny stuff that, taking Walcott and not Swp or darren Bent who scored more goals than anyother English striker. Well Eriksson has always worked in very mysterious ways anyways

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
Provisional squad:
Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).

It's a fvcking joke if you ask me. Omitting Defoe for a 17 year old who isn't even playing at his own club is ridiculous. Like he's even going to use Hargreaves anyway. If I were an England fan I'd be raging mad ATM.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Then again Spain did call up Morientes so it cannot be all that bad with england . Not scoring against Trinidad and Tobago or Paraguay will be very disappointed but there is Crouch up front though. Thats where lampard, gerrard and Cole come in to play, goals, cos i dont really see goals from strikers.

Apr 12, 2004
Matteo10 said:
Provisional squad:
Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).

It's a fvcking joke if you ask me. Omitting Defoe for a 17 year old who isn't even playing at his own club is ridiculous. Like he's even going to use Hargreaves anyway. If I were an England fan I'd be raging mad ATM.
Hargreaves will play you cock-face.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
denco said:
Carrick? how? He is decent but absolutely nothing special, its almost like saying Perotta will be Italy's secret weapon . He is not pacy, his passes are not earth shattering just keeping it simple kind of play and he is not a breaker of opposition attacks so no he is no secret weapon, a more dangerous prospect if they actually do take him will be Aaron Lennon
When I have seen Carrick for Tottenham, he has lit up the pitch with sublime passes and added this sense of stability to the team I think England could use this summer. I believe England needs a player such as Carrick in front of the defense to act as a Pirlo...being that link between the defense and perhaps Gerrard who could take over for Rooney behind Owen. Carrick's passing game and control could be what pushes England to the next level, however without Rooney you lot are in some trouble.

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
ßömßärdîër said:
Yea, but that was after he had injured his knee.

Give the guy a break, he is one of the hardest workers in Bayer's squad.
He might be, but he's not good enough to start for England and Defoe is.

Not selecting Bent is one horrendous choice to make btw. Eriksson will be burnt alive, mark my words.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Matteo10 said:
I'd always call up Morientes TBH. He might not have had a great season, but we all know what he's capable of.
And pray tell what is that? With raul woefully out of form, why would you call up someone just as bad and leave out the likes of De la Pena, Guti and Vicente(admittedly he has missed most of the season with injuries but he is still decent down the left and gives width)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well we will see if sven made a huge mistake or he was a genuis taking walcott. For me i think if freaking Arsene Wenger kept his big mouth shut the prospect of walcott wouldn't even be on the table. But we will wait and see

will england cope without their golden boy ? i dont think so, they will struggle in the group but they will get through cuz they have the kinds of lampard,gerrard and joe cole

and simply the opposition aren't that great even sweden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)