• Germany

• Costa Rica

• Poland

• Ecuador

Results are only viewable after voting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well there were quite a few surprises in the german squad for the finals.
-there was hitzelberger from stuttgart, who i didnt think had the best of seasons with the swans.But he is a very good midfielder, with a very good eye for goal. I think he is a good advantage if he is played in the midfield not in the LB position that Klinsi was using him in.

-Jens Nowotny: experienced defender, a few years back many predicted he would be one of the best in the world, but the run of injuries just shattered that prediction. His good run back to form towards the end in the bundesliga gave leverkusan an extra push and they had a good run of results.
Many ppl would've opted for Christian Woers(if ur going for experience), but at that stage i think Nowotony is the next best thing and he would add a much needed experience and class to the young defence.

David Odonokor: Well he is the biggest surprise imo, didnt see much of him in the great club that is dortmund. It's said he is very fast, and could be used in attack. I dont think he will start (since he is replacing Sebastian Deisler), but he will get his chance as the games go on.
I heard somewhere that he clocked the 100m in 10.something seconds. Could be a very interesting player.

I agree with Klinsi when it comes to the ommissions he made.
Kuranyi- he just is a big chunk of dissappointment in this season. He didnt earn it at all, even when he got his fair share of the National team time, and he failed.
Asamoah-same goes to him, he is also a disappointment in this season.

Ernst- Klinsi opted for the younger hitzelperger and the more inform Sebstian Kehl. And i dont think that Ernst is the best choice in midfield, as he didnt look comfortable at all in there during the games he played for germany.

Patrick Owmeyola-He did well with Bremen this year, but i think the Arne Fredirich is a better option for the NT.He is a better performer in that position than patrick who didnt look comfortable there, even though he got his fair share of games.

overall this squad looks very young and energetic, and could go a long way.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I cannot stop laughing at the prospect of asamoah as an international player, i mean Ghana would not have called him up either so i am quite surprised he ius capped by Germany. Everytime i see him, he is ready to get it on, in a fight, he is too amusing. I watched quite a spectacular game betwen Bremen and Hamburg last sunday , totally ruined by the ineptness of Markus Merk who quite frankly was a disgrace. His decisions against the home side Hamburg were way too bizarre, kinda reminds me of something but at this time i cannot think what

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
markus merk is a disgrace really, he was dubbed to be the best in the world.. but i dont know how .

abt asamoah, me too i just dont know how ruddi voeller gave this guy his first cap for germany. Even though he had some good talent at the time

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
here are some pictures from the german training sessions

some new faces include: odonkor(the one with the camera), marcell jansen(the one with the ball on his neck)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:
here are some pictures from the german training sessions

some new faces include: odonkor(the one with the camera), marcell jansen(the one with the ball on his neck)
You have an extensive and impressive knowledge of German football, is there a reason why?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
You have an extensive and impressive knowledge of German football, is there a reason why?
i have been fan of this team since before the 94 WC. And in germay i just love the fans passion their.
i dont think i have that much knowledge as i havent watched that much of the bundesliga in a while now. I follow the news abt german football nothing much.

and stripper, it looks like he will be partnering klose upfront

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
germany just beated luxemberg 7-0 last nite...

positive for me is that 3 strikers scored twice and that borowski filled ballack's shoes almost perfectly.

so good on ya manschaft

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i read somewhere that the costa rican coach says they can make some suprises in this group, so he has some high hopes for u guys espectro.

on another topic, Ballack is not playing the japan game. he is still injured in his ankle or something. I hope Phillip lahm is fit to play though.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Not a good day for the Group A teams, Costa Rica lost against Rep Czech 1-0. Polonia lost against Colombia 2-1, and Germany tie their gamae against Japan 2-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)