Wales vs Italy (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Sorry everyone for the loss, i'm just hoping that Italy can gain something very improtant from this loss: which is Trap getting fired or stepping down.....

If he stays, its a disaster!!

I'll be checking soccerage 24/7 for the good news, hope it comes soon!!!

Forza DP, Canna....

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
dp speaks some english, he could translate :)
all i know how to say is, "hi, i'm hayley, and i'm going to smash your head in" :D

i don't know if i'm upset about the loss or not to be honest
i was prepared for it, so it doesn't bother me really

let's just see if anything comes of it
plus, when players recover, we'll have a stronger team

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Cannot believe the result today! On the other hand it is what I'm hoping for. I have wasted enough time worrying if Italy is going to beat the smaller teams, they should worry about us,not us worry about them. Some players are overrated, its true, but I know that Itay has more than enough players that are talented, smart and hard working to field a very competitive team. I'm waiting to read and article telling that Trap has step down. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing Vialli. Somebody tell me why Panucci was playing. Where is Tachinardi.

Who is has a real chance to replace Trap and would he be any good. On top of that I read that some players should not be there. Who should be there, lets see you lineup. Can't Brighi play? So pissed off, I definately put away my NT jersey.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Ah, 2-1 result. I'm happy. Kinda expected it anyway. So let this be the decisive moment for Trap to resign! *hopes*

...says this girl who fell asleep during HT.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
could have been 3-1 if that dumbass french referee gave it a goal. that would have made italy lose a lot of face and therefore sack that mothereffing bestard

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i didn't like zauri and pirlo's performances last night, they were aweful. nesta was saved by the ref this time, i really think he should improve. he was a rock at lazio! del piero tried his best but fatigue took its toll on him, he sould've been replaced in the 2nd half. gatusso played for like 5 minutes and then replaced again, THAT was something! buffon looked very mad at the players, specially nesta and zauri :D i think its safe to say CIAO to trap!

Aug 28, 2002
i think i am up to the NT coach job..
i am ready to quit my pharmacy course for it..i am waiting calls at the moment from italy football federation..
for me, i think Gattuso is just an ordinary player that has nothing...
Okie, even if i am DP fans, i would like to say the master back!- ROBERTO BAGGIO! imagine the line up...Baggio and DP combine forces?
and why is Vieri fit to play JUve after 3 days but not yesterday?
i can;t believe this..
Totti may be a good player but sometimes he is too selfish...
Anyway, although i am not an Italian, i will always the Azzurri no matter highs and lows..i still wore the Azzuri shirt today to campus even i know Italy lost....
Let's behind the team now =)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
lol gattuso going out was funny. he saw '16' and then he looked at his shirt.

lmao
:LOL: !!

Him looking at his shirt is almost as stupid as Trap's game desicions!!

LMMFWAO!! :LOL: (i'd like to see the replay of that!)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by angel_viva01 ] ++
i think i am up to the NT coach job..
i am ready to quit my pharmacy course for it..i am waiting calls at the moment from italy football federation..
for me, i think Gattuso is just an ordinary player that has nothing...
Okie, even if i am DP fans, i would like to say the master back!- ROBERTO BAGGIO! imagine the line up...Baggio and DP combine forces?
and why is Vieri fit to play JUve after 3 days but not yesterday?
i can;t believe this..
Totti may be a good player but sometimes he is too selfish...
Anyway, although i am not an Italian, i will always the Azzurri no matter highs and lows..i still wore the Azzuri shirt today to campus even i know Italy lost....
Let's behind the team now =)
I won't mind being the Italian Coach ;) .....
i think anyone can do better than Trap, and i'm 12.5% Italian(From Torino too :thumb: ) :cool: ... so i'm elegable :D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
need i say more?
when was the last time the Azzurri thrashed another side 4-0 or sth? Wales? losing to Wales? ohh god :rolleyes:
finland beat Azerbaijan 3 nil, we? only 2...we couldnt even beat Yugoslavia! :wallbang:

i say Zoff should return..

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
The noose is tightening on Giovanni Trapattoni’s neck and he refused to comment on whether or not he would resign.

When asked if his position had changed following the 2-1 defeat to Wales, Trap walked off saying “I can’t talk about this right now. I can’t talk.”

Before that escape the Italy boss had stopped to discuss the game and continued to defend his decisions.

“I’d say we had an excellent performance,” assured the tactician. “Gigi Di Biagio was already booked and I had to replace him.”

“When we conceded that unfortunate second goal I tried our last desperate throw of the dice with Massimo Marazzina, but it wasn’t enough.”

Wales now top qualifying Group 9 with six points from two games, but Italy have played one more match and still share second spot with Yugoslavia.

Nonetheless, Trap remained upbeat on their qualifying chances for the Euro 2004 Finals in Portugal.

“We are second level on points with Yugoslavia now and must face Wales and Azerbaijan on home turf. It’s still all to play for, but the road ahead is certainly more difficult than it was before this match.”

As expected, Trapattoni looked to the injury crisis that hit the team ahead of these two games that ruled out stars such as Christian Vieri and Francesco Totti.

“These were the players at my disposal and we had a lot of injuries. I tried including Massimo Maccarone and even Vincenzo Montella wasn’t 100% fit.”

FIGC Vice-President Giancarlo Abete had backed Giovanni Trapattoni on Tuesday, but conceded that there would be crisis talks with their Coach.

“The Federation realises this is a very complex situation after this bitter defeat,” said Abete.

“We realise that the Azzurri team is no longer as competitive as it was against opponents that we really should be able to beat.”

“We will look into this complex matter and try to discover where the responsibilities lie.”

The Italian FA nonetheless tried not to hit the panic button.

“There is room for recovery, but there is no more chance for mistakes. We must recover our strength and try to get back into the qualifying spots over the next five games.”

“There are moments of reflection to see how we could progress over the next period. I do confirm what I said yesterday as we had taken such a result, unfortunately, into consideration.”

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Giovanni Trapattoni may have claimed he was satisfied with tonight’s performance, but the players were less than enthusiastic.

“We played really badly,” confessed Alessandro Nesta in the post-match press conference. “We know we can do so much better than this. We did what we could and tried to give our all, but it just didn’t work.”

The Milan defender did admit that the many injuries that have hit the squad in recent weeks was partly to blame for earning just one point from two qualifying games.

“We are paying the price for all these missing stars and luck was not on our side. It is really difficult at the moment.”

Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was also upset at the 2-1 defeat in Wales.

“The match was immediately a very physical affair with a lot of running and flying tackles,” said the Juventus Number 1.

“In these situations you can’t try to play pretty football. You just need to answer them on the same level and the second goal just knocked the wind right out of us.”

“We knew playing here would be difficult,” he added, “but you always hope things will go your way.”

Massimo Maccarone was drafted in as a late replacement for the injured Filippo Inzaghi and earned his second senior cap.

“Playing in Wales is difficult for everyone,” assured the Middlesbrough man. “The Stadium and the crowd creates an intimidating atmosphere.”

“Wales played very well,” he conceded, “and were always dangerous on the flanks. We were just unable to hit back.”

nina

Feb 18, 2001
After a goodnight sleep things look much nicer ... well to some extent anyway :sigh: :D

A poor performance, no doubt. But the saddest part is that I'm starting to believe that our Seria A "stars" are just ordinary players when they step over Italy's boarder! :down: They suck! And it's not only Trap's fault; he might have absolutely no idea when it comes to tactics and new ideas, but Zoff and co. pretty much had the same players. True, they played differently, but even if Trap screwed up I expect them to have enough talent and will to push forward and score a goal! Anyone has an idea when was the last time we scored from open play?!? Probably somewhere in Japan!!! :broken: Even if they go forward they rather fell down and then expect a wonder-kick from DP. Well he can't save them all the time (I wonder if he would save them at all if there wasn't someone in the defence that deflects the kick :rolleyes: )!!!

And what the hell is going on with the defence?!? You can't even rely on the likes of Nesta! :eek: First half was a terrible performance, I'm even thinking that the "low" price that Milan paid for him wasn't exactly thát low! He can't even kick the ball away for God's sake and that's pretty much the only job he has on the pitch. Thank God for Canno!

Buffon, Buffon, Buffon! I'm not sure, but I think the second goal was his fault. He should have stayed on the line or maybe go a little forward, but definitely not all the way up like he chose. Poorly done!

Midfield! Did we have one at all? :confused: By the number of high balls I think not. Pirlo wasn't all that inspiring and he played way too back. I know we didn't play with the 2-1-3-4, but at times (especially in the Gattuso short trip and after it) it looked like 2-3-1-4 him being the 1. Because of that it didn't matter how many forwards we had on the pitch! The ball simply didn't reach them and never will if we won't start connecting all three parts of the team, but especially midfield and attack. Wales could be an example. They might have played with only one real forward but when they attacked the whole team was up-front!

As for Trap, well I just can't figure him out. Isn't he ashamed that he's ruining once the best team on the world? And how can FIGC allow someone who puts on a player and then takes him off after just 15 minutes, and no he wasn't injured, to be in charge. The whole world is laughing at us for God's sake!!! :down: :down: :down:

modan

Jul 13, 2002
the coach really does matter alot actually, even if a team has very high quality and great players, it is quite impossible for them to push and get a goal

take holland, under van gaal, they can't even qualify for the WC even though they have some of the BEST players in the world... but now a new coach took over, look how they have been steamrolling their opponents

france, full of great quality players, but can't even score a goal but now under santini, they are able to trash everyone in their group...

chievo, bunch of average players, achieved top 5 position last season under del neri

germany...average players but were 2nd in the world cup...

so i say, sack trap and replace with coaches like del neri, zoff maybe a good idea...and some attacking minded coaches

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
nina - absolutely agree. our team just doesn't gel together like they should, which is certainly trap's fault in part, but it doesn't entirely excuse the players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)