Vote: Have we lost touch with targets and transfers???? (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
All i see is lost targets. I see mexes AND ferrari, going to ROMA, these are two of the most promising defender around. I see ujafulsi which is the captain of his club, join fiorentina!!! Surely we can out muscle them when it comes to spending!! I saw diego join porto, i saw cavenaghi join a lowly russian team!! Ze maria joined inter on a free!!(moggis fav) And these are at basement prices for these players!!!! We signed emerson fair enough, but he isnt going to stop from being 4th next year (5th if parma has another good season)

Have we lost touch? :sob:

Post other sadly lost brilliant buys we could of had.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    d'allessandro??? Where did he go????? Isnt he still with wolfburg??

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    hey, reading all this ruined mine too..;)

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    but what im trying to say, is that most of them there was no reason why we lost them!!!! ferrari and mexes went for peanuts!

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    Well we were linked with Ferrari, Mexes (or were we?) and Rodrigues. The first two are going to Roma, the third is going to Villareal. I guess that Moggi doesn't want to sign promising young players (except Chiellini I guess). But why spend so much on Chiellini, a serieB player when we could have got Mexes for about the same?! It makes no sense.
    Legro-Thuram in central defence might work, but we will need another centre back because Thuram is not going to be around forever. And like hell do we want Iuliano clogging it up.

It's all rather depressing, but let's not despair. We didn't have much money to play with and we have got a good coach and a strong midfielder. It could work, let's try to be positive (I know it's hard).

Jul 28, 2002
    we need to somehow clear out the old/dump defenders like luliano and pessotto....they dont really add anything bar experience.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    yes , i think we lost our adge in transfers , i am disappointed till know , unless something happens in this month (we have till 31 of this month ):(

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    We had no hope of getting Drogba really. We can't compete with Chelsea, do I don't blame Moggi for that.

However, our bid was rejected....yet Moggi still insists we don't need to replace di Vaio? Something smells funny here, we wouldn't have even bothered bidding for Drogba if Moggi is telling the truth. I just wonder who it could be that may be brought in.....

Obviously not someone expensive.

BTW, is Salas gone yet?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I have a bad feeling that it was the worst transfer campaign ever. A saga to sign only Emerson (not that he is bad, he is great but not enough).
    I see inter signing and signing, Roma too....not to forget the key signings from Milan. Gilardino is halfway in Roma now and Cesar and Jankulovski might be heading to Inter.

Very bad transfer campaign in my opinion

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Ferrari is a real gaffe, considering Moggi should have signed him in January anyway. If Ferrari puts string of good performance, like I expect him to, and there will some serious question raised about Moggi's decision making. However, I am not going to get over critical of him getting into summer spending madness, and thus missing out some players. Cavalho, Ferreira, Deco, Drogba arent anywhere near good as the money spent on them. Nonetheless, there were some real bargains IMO, and Moggi missed them being too cheap. And he should stop signing bunch of mediocre Italian players who are never going to make the team i.e. Baiocco, and be open to some foreign talents i.e. Kaka, Rodrigeuz, Burdisso, all of who I am sure we would have got had we pursued them.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Kezman for 5m alongside Crespo for absolutely nothing are for me the bargain of the summer. Henrik Larsson is another good deal IMO.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    Moggi is trying to be more cautious of purchasing players......we don't want to end up like Leeds or Fiorentina or Oviedo....right?

if some buys fail to impress....it would surely cost us alot.....remember....we dont have Ibrahimovich to save our arses.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)