Vote: Have we lost touch with targets and transfers???? (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
just a thought. maybe we dont sign any defenders cause we're stuffed there. and no one's going for the crap we have.
You're right, but we need quality, not quantity. Besides, it doesn't stop the likes of Inter.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Exellent question. yes. i think we've not had a good transfer season. And it will be right to say that we've lost touch with our targets.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We've had a very weak transfer season, IMO. Not as weak as last season's.

But last season we were coming off the scudetto and a CL final appearance and thus should have been flush with cash. Then we learned we risked being in the red and were in the worst financial shape in seven years. Huh?

I would have this season to be a bit of front office "I told you so" hubris. That's a pointless way of learning your lessons.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
All I could say is that I think Moggi wasn't active enough on the market.........we needed more players, especially in defense

utarlok

May 25, 2004
is Ferrari a GEA player?

in the past , moggi liked stealing roma's target , y not he continue

doing that ? ? ?

Maybe he has to sacrifice mexes and Ferrari to ingratiate roma 

in the hope of getting emerson? ?

Aug 1, 2003
I don't think we lost our touch really... I think we can buy anyone if we wanted, but did we make an effort in the first place? I don't think so. there's a difference really

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I can't tell right now.. I'll wait till the transfer window closes.. but, so far, with the current squad.. I would be happy if we end up among the top seven teams in the table..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
possibly the most under-achieved team in the summer transfer thus far. Juventus was the club which had to make the most changes. I was expecting at least 8 or 9 players to arrive to replace the likes of montero, iuliano, conte, pessotto, zalayeta, di vaio and many more. I expected the biggest revolution at the club in 10 years, if not more.

we needed defenders and allowed ferrari, mexes, heinze, samuel, ujfalusi and many more to join other clubs. we needed creativity and added a DM to the squad and lossed the most creative midfielder to fiorentina. we needed a striker to come in and opted for zalayeta, possibly the worst striker out of all teh big teams in italy to be trez's back up.

lost touch with targets?? i dont think moggi even found targets. i think most of those players rumoured to the club where the fantasies of journalists who support juve.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
possibly the most under-achieved team in the summer transfer thus far. Juventus was the club which had to make the most changes. I was expecting at least 8 or 9 players to arrive to replace the likes of montero, iuliano, conte, pessotto, zalayeta, di vaio and many more. I expected the biggest revolution at the club in 10 years, if not more.

we needed defenders and allowed ferrari, mexes, heinze, samuel, ujfalusi and many more to join other clubs. we needed creativity and added a DM to the squad and lossed the most creative midfielder to fiorentina. we needed a striker to come in and opted for zalayeta, possibly the worst striker out of all teh big teams in italy to be trez's back up.

lost touch with targets?? i dont think moggi even found targets. i think most of those players rumoured to the club where the fantasies of journalists who support juve.
I agree , moggi is not doing what he should do:(

Ali-Piero

May 28, 2004
I dont think Moggi is doin what he should do, but when Capello was brought to the helm, he himself said he had a team planned for the start of the season...so i think we should just wait a little bit longer cos Inter with their big signings couldn't even get pass Bolton with a degree of ease as they still have to gel. I think its good we arnt getting as much cos we need to keep the skeleton of a team that has proven itself a season ago, there's just a couple of bones that need tweakin....

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
we have lost touch since last season :D

regarding mexes, did we really make an effort? and how do we know that it was not him who snubbed us and opted for roma? who knows what goes behind closed doors....

altho i am pissed about ferrari, that's moggi's fault. we know that we need reinforcement, but we did nothing. BRAVO luciano, BRAVO!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i don't even know if it's possible to save our transfer season now.short of buying stars,we have lost almost all possible transfer targets and the ones remaining aren't good enough to rejuvinate the defence,much less cope with our much improved rivals who have been smarter and quicker in their buys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)