Violence could halt Italian football/Calcio suspended (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I don't wanna sound racist or something but they are sicilian. Look at Materazzi if you want an example: he's sicilian too.
hey brain surgeon, Materazzi is NOT Sicilian, and I take total offense for such a pathetic comment regarding Sicilians

maybe you just crawled out from under a rock, but similar incidents have happened in Rome, Milan, and Firenze over the past few years...

keep your ignorant comments to yourself

Buy on AliExpress.com

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Well, the point isn't where Materazzi was born (btw, it's Lecce, Fifa is wrong), the point is the racist comment you have posted.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the problem lies with the clubs themselves, they are the ones who pay their ultras, who give them powers, who give them tickets. only giraudo had tried to change this by trying to drive out the juve ultras to resort to a more english style game.

imo the police shudnt get involved, the ultras rule the roost, they control the italian football culture, and the police are powerless.

all this happens on the day steve mcClaren the england boss said that in england theres so much rivalry is beautiful, man he dno the meaning of that word looking at today

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Homemade bomb was thrown into the policeman's car. What is wrong with these ppl? Hooliganism is 1 thing, but making bombs to use against police is beyond hooliganism.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Homemade bomb was thrown into the policeman's car. What is wrong with these ppl? Hooliganism is 1 thing, but making bombs to use against police is beyond hooliganism.
nothing new, its all explosives and hand weapons for the ultras

“I consider those who go to the stadium to have fights to be delinquents and nothing more,” noted Zamparini.

well another intelligent comment by zamparini, the man who runs a club that along with others actually is a catalyst to all this violence, to deny that he is not responsible of any violence is stupid, its him that supply his fans power, along with every other board member of every club

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
At the beginning it was said that he was stuck in the face by a home-made bomb, but his pictures and the story dont match. Now it seems that one of the Catania fans (Palermo fans where kept in the stadium and were not in the riots outside) threw a sound bomb (like the ones we hear almost every week) into his police car and the poor guy had a heart attack.:disagree:

Silvers

Sep 3, 2006
RIP to the police officer.

I think football should carry on in Italy though, because it isn't the actual players, or clubs fault. They shouldn't be stopped from going to work because of the actions of a few uncontrollable fans.

Just play all games behind closed doors for a month or two until firm legislations have been brought in to deal with trouble makes (bans, fines, jail-time, etc) to stop things like this from happening.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
At the beginning it was said that he was stuck in the face by a home-made bomb, but his pictures and the story dont match. Now it seems that one of the Catania fans (Palermo fans where kept in the stadium and were not in the riots outside) threw a sound bomb (like the ones we hear almost every week) into his police car and the poor guy had a heart attack.:disagree:
whats the fucking difference ???

A policeman is dead because an idiot made a stupid decision

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Well, the point isn't where Materazzi was born (btw, it's Lecce, Fifa is wrong), the point is the racist comment you have posted.
And I know that. I just wanted to defend myself because he told me "Ignorant". Well, I took that information of the biggest organization in the football history. And (I think it's the third time) I already apologize for what I said. Anyway, we can't be perfect, uh? And as far I know we live in democracy and I didn't hurt anyone, try it, or even think it. I just gave an opinion, if you like it good if you don't just don't read it. It's easy.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
And I know that. I just wanted to defend myself because he told me "Ignorant". Well, I took that information of the biggest organization in the football history. And (I think it's the third time) I already apologize for what I said. Anyway, we can't be perfect, uh? And as far I know we live in democracy and I didn't hurt anyone, try it, or even think it. I just gave an opinion, if you like it good if you don't just don't read it. It's easy.
you still dont get it, do you ???

Nihilista! said:
I don't wanna sound racist or something but they are sicilian
idiot

Sep 14, 2003
For a Policeman to die in any way is sad, but in the way he did...I have no words. Football means a lot to me, but not like this.

And please lay off offensive comments about Sicilians.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Fireworks are a part of Italian culture. Fireworks displays is an art excelled by Italians. Banning any sort of fireworks display would cause an outcry. Everything from police tactics, to more thorough searches needs to be implemented.
Employees from the team could lit fireworks for the fans. I see why they can't be substitute to current fireworks. The matter of fact is, in Italia, fireworks seems to be a thing of Ultras. Now that they cannot prove to be reasonable with such thing, sorry, your right to enjoy such previlige must be taken away.

Silvers has a point though. Actual teams and players are all by-standers in this scandal. I mean no team would encourage hooliganism in their own stadium. The matter of fact is, there are idiots wherever you go, and important thing is to curb their power and behaviour. Authorities have to find a way to directly punish the fans, especially the ones that cause trouble. Say if we suspend the league indefinitely, sooner or later when it resumes again, all be forgotten and these d*ckheads won't miss an opportunity to cause trouble and do as they like. And lets be realist here, no average fans, no matter how many there are, will walk up to the ultras and risk their life to stop the violence. Its all better if trouble makers are going get paid what they deserve, which means (1) jail supsension if anyone dies, and (2) prohibition to enter any stadia in their whole life.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
this is just shameful

I completely agree with Holdon and the 2nd part of Jun's post.

Lets hope that this break would provide the fans and especially the ultras a time to think about wat was happening before and is happening now. Also the FIGC should look into the incidents from before and see how they could regulate the fans with the help of the clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)