Vincenzo Iaquinta (8 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Why would his agent know how we're lining up next season? For all we know he could be trying to make Iaquinta seem more important to Juventus so he can bag a bigger contract at a new team.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Iaquinta won't question Lippi
Friday 4 June, 2010
Vincenzo Iaquinta says he won't complain about being played out of position just in case Marcello Lippi decides to drop him.

The Juventus striker played on the right-hand flank of Lippi's 4-2-3-1 formation in Italy's 2-1 disappointing defeat to Mexico in Brussels yesterday.

He was later moved further forward where he partnered Alberto Gilardino in a 4-4-2 as Italy chased the game.

I play better on the left,” Iaquinta said. “If I have to be the 'full-back' on the right then I am not really adept.

“But Lippi also knows this and he said so to me. But he asked me to play in this way and I sacrificed myself.

“I can't go to the Coach and say to him that I want to play in another position. If I did that he'd send me away from the national team.

“Even Marchisio didn't play in his natural position. We know that they are not our roles. But Lippi is in command: we are in the national team and if he asks us to sacrifice ourselves then we have to do it.”

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Tottenham have made contact with Juventus over striker

According to the agent of Juventus striker Vincenzo laquinta Tottenham have contacted the Turin outfit in regards to signing his client. Tottenham have been looking for a new striker for a while now and manager Harry Redknapp has made it clear that bringing in a world class striker is his number one priority this summer and if laquinta’s agent is to be believed then it seems that Redknapp has indeed identified the striker he wants at White Hart Lane next season.

Speaking to Tuttomercatoweb, Iaquinta agent Andrea D’Amico confirmed that Spurs had made contact and that an offer is expected from the North London side, however D’Amico also stated that Redknapp faces competition from AS Roma and CSKA Moscow.

Whether laquinta is the sort of striker the Tottenham fans would have expected given Redknapp’s previous statements is open to question and at aged 30 laquinta is hardly a serious long term signing, it may also be very possible that Redknapp see’s laquinta as a rotational player and still looking for that special striker in the event that unsettled striker Roman Pavlyucheno is sold.

The other possibility and one that a good few people may sympathise with, is that this is another case of a players agent touting his own player through the media.
Source: http://www.footylatest.com/tottenham-have-made-contact-with-juventus-over-striker/14704

Not sure if its reliable though, found it on BBC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)