Vincenzo Iaquinta (2 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I will be so happy to see him back in action, and i hope he starts in florence. As RED said in another thread, the Vincenzo steamroller could have a dramatic effect on our fortunes, because whilst he is not the finisher of Trez, the skill merchant of DP, or the hairstyle of Amauri, more than ANY of his fellow strikers, he has the ability to totally irritate a whole defensive line, due to his sheer determination, heart, pace and strength. This counts for a lot...Playing against an extremely flimsy DP, and either the unfit Trez, or the Amauri, who despite his decent physique, seems far too easily muscled out of challenges, is a walk in the park compared to facing The Beast which we know as Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Its childish to expect that he will be our saviour, but it is reasonable to hope that he will add much potency to our ability to not only put the ball in the net, but also, to keep the opposing defence on constant alert.

His work rate is phenomenal. Only DP comes close on that score...

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I will be so happy to see him back in action, and i hope he starts in florence. As RED said in another thread, the Vincenzo steamroller could have a dramatic effect on our fortunes, because whilst he is not the finisher of Trez, the skill merchant of DP, or the hairstyle of Amauri, more than ANY of his fellow strikers, he has the ability to totally irritate a whole defensive line, due to his sheer determination, heart, pace and strength. This counts for a lot...Playing against an extremely flimsy DP, and either the unfit Trez, or the Amauri, who despite his decent physique, seems far too easily muscled out of challenges, is a walk in the park compared to facing The Beast which we know as Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Its childish to expect that he will be our saviour, but it is reasonable to hope that he will add much potency to our ability to not only put the ball in the net, but also, to keep the opposing defence on constant alert.

His work rate is phenomenal. Only DP comes close on that score...
Iaquinta for the president :D:juventus: :tup: :agree: :flag1:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
he said he put on double training shifts in the last month and a half to get back to fitness.... i hope he lasts at least 70 minutes ... that would be great

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Vincenzo Iaquinta believes his return from a long spell on the sidelines will help Juventus get back to their best this season.

The 29-year-old has been out for over four months after having surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.

He is now fit again and might even appear from the start against Fiorentina this weekend.

“It has been tough, at times maddening [to be out for so long]. Above all, when I saw Juventus doing badly and I couldn't give my teammates a hand,” Iaquinta explained.

“It was a bad time. Also because the longest stop I'd had in my career up until then was just a month.

“Finally I have returned to train with the group. I couldn't bear to be at home anymore, also because I was a little nervous.”

Asked about Juventus's crisis, Iaquinta simply said: “It's been bad, very bad. Fortunately Zaccheroni has arrived and we have started to win, apart from the last match against Palermo.”

FT

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
anyone else think he could work on the flank in a 4231
Even if he couldn't, our coaches are famous to put players out of their position (remember Marchisio in the left of a 4231?). If he can do a good job there is another thing though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)