Vincenzo Iaquinta (44 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was disappointed with him yesterday. He did practically nothing to close down Samp's defence and whenever he ended up on the ground he took an age to get back on his feet. He looked like he wasn't bothered.
Or wasn't fit...

He was not supposed to be playing, rushing players back won't benefit us.

Apr 17, 2009
Should be considered as our first striker. Sure, he's just getting back from an injury but just the fact that he can run all game and never stop is enough. Should always be given the chance to start.
You know your team is in trouble when Iaq is your go to striker. LOL! Last year it was 'he's a good 4th striker'. Now he should be our first choice.

For me it doesn't matter who is the striker, they will get little to no service. Anyway I have to disagree. He shouldn't always be given the chance to start. He's still very rusty as we saw yesterday and he didn't have a full 90 mins in him yet. A bit inconsistent even when on form but I do love his energy.

May 22, 2007
Yep that's what he has, energy. He's just a bench player who happened to hit a good patch of form at the end of last season but then went back to his routine this season. There's a reason why his scoring record for Italy is abysmal.

Jul 15, 2006
The guy's as big as an oil tanker, but the way he falls over in matches... :sergio:
Eh, gotta love Vinny's passion and work-rate but if it comes down to it methinks we gots to sacrifice either him or Amauri to accommodate a new formation next year. Also the transfer fee, wages will be pretty important when we try and strengthen other parts of the team (defensori).

Juventino[RUS];2406011 said:
Another day another injury :sergio:
Yeah man, but it's been the whole team over the course of the entire season not just Iaquinta.

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
i'd trade iaquinta and amauri for pazzini any time...pazzini can do wonders in attack alongside gio next year!! didnt the board say were moving towards a new juve? maybe its time for them to grow some balls and buy good youngsters and wc players!!!

David01

Aug 20, 2006
the problem of our strikers is that they all need good crosses (except DP)
Amauri, Trez, Iaq are destined for a 4-4-2
they just don't function in another formation
right now their support comes down the midle through Diego
but Diego isn't performing and certainly no decent crosses come from our flanks
so how are they supposed to perform?
very poor management of assembling this squad
it was a big mistake attempting to change tactics when half our squad can't play any other tactic
our squad had been built for a 4-4-2 and by bringing in one player (Diego) we were supposed to change everything
Ranieri at least was right on this thing when he asked for a winger

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
i'd trade iaquinta and amauri for pazzini any time...pazzini can do wonders in attack alongside gio next year!! didnt the board say were moving towards a new juve? maybe its time for them to grow some balls and buy good youngsters and wc players!!!
Pazzini ain't young or WC, he's in a good age and a good player, nothing more. Jovetic would probably cost as much and could be way better choice for us, but considering our recent deals with Fiorentina, I have lost all hope that we could end up as winners in a deal with Viola. Hernandez/Balotelli/Pato?

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
pazzini is 25...and u cant deny hes not better than iaquinta or amauri?? but what im trying to be is realistic!! this so called board we have wont get nobody we dream of!! i read an article on goal yesterday that said were raiding liverpool for rafa mascherano and torres!! we all know that is impossible with these assholes running the club...but if we were to read it 4 years ago it was somehow believable under moggi and co.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We sell both Iaquinta and Amauri. Buy Dzeko, keep DP, Gio and promote Immobile and maybe even bring Kurayni(spelling). Enough of these injuries and droughts.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Kuranyi? How often have you seen him play,Cam?
He is free right? He has had a pretty consistent scoring record this I know. Needless to say 15 goals this year in Bundesliga is a hell of a lot more than what Amauri and Iaquinta have this year (even combined).

I mentioned him because of his contract I thought was ending. Wouldn't be a bad pickup IMO as long as he is a backup, not a starter. Hell, even if he was a starter it might not be bad compared to what we have seen from our strikers this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)