Vincenzo Iaquinta (8 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Iaquinta ready to face United

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta believes the bianconeri will pose a stern challenge to European champions United when they visit Old Trafford next Wednesday.

Claudio Ranieri's side visit Old Trafford on Wednesday to take part in the Reds' final pre-season friendly before the defence of United's Premier League and Champions League crowns begin. Before then, of course, the Reds face Espanyol for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's testimonial and Peterborough United.

Juve have high ambitions of their own this season. After finishing third in their first season back in Serie A, Ranieri's side have their sights set on a swift return to Champions League action, too, and they can achieve it with victory in the third qualifying round which begins on 12 August.

After scoring once against Brondby, twice against Borussia Dortmund and grabbing another against Internazionale, the 28-year-old no.9 hopes to score the goals that will meet Juve's expectations this season.

"I feel very good, fortunately my injuries are in the past now and I hope I can get to the qualifying round 100% fit.

"We're all doing very well up front, we're still in the preparation phase, but all four of us will be on good form when it counts. Tonight we had more confirmation that we can challenge any team."

United v Juventus, 6 August, 20:00 BST
Tickets are on open sale, starting at £10 for adults, £5 for seniors. All junior seats are £5. Buy online or by calling 0161 868 8000.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6615060

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)