Vincenzo Iaquinta (7 Viewers)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
17/03/2008 13:47
Iaquinta Thanks Fans After Winning Goal
Vincenzo Iaquinta has thanked the Juventus supporters following his winner against Napoli last night.

The former Udinese man came off the bench to score in the 88th minute as Juve picked up a crucial 1-0 win in Turin.

“I'm happy for the goal but most of all for the three points earned, which are vital as they allow us to increase the gap on AC Milan,” said Iaquinta, referring to the fact that Juve now hold an eight-point cushion over the fifth placed Rossoneri.

“I have to say it was a good goal; Alex did well in giving me the ball without looking.”

Iaquinta has been something of a super-sub this season, and yesterday’s strike was the fifth time he has scored this term after coming off the bench.

“I wish to thank the fans,” he told Juventus channel.

“Before I came on they chanted my name from the stands and this really gave me a big boost.”

In total Iaquinta has scored eight goals in Serie A from 20 games, with only eight of these being starts.

Gianni Wilson

lol I almost highlighted the entire article

Grande Iaquinta!:flag3:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
18/03/2008 11:26

Iaquinta Frustrated At Lack Of Action

Juventus bench-warmer Vincenzo Iaquinta has spoken of his frustration at continually being utilised as a substitute.

Iaquinta signed for the Old Lady last summer from Udinese, however he has made just eights starts in Serie A this season.

The 28-year-old has been used mostly as a super-sub, and indeed he has scored five of his eight goals this term coming off the bench.

The latest of these came on Sunday when he scored a crucial 88th minute winner in the 1-0 victory over Napoli.

"I am happy for myself that I come on and score,” Iaquinta told Tuttosport.

“My happiness comes from knowing that I am valuable as well.

"I consider myself important, although I am almost always a substitute. I knew that at Juventus it would be different to Udine, where I had a fixed place and the greatest concern was to stay determined. Here there are great champions, players who wrote the history of this club and I cannot pretend to just oust them.”

Iaquinta has revealed that he fears he may miss out on Euro 2008 due to his lack minutes on the pitch.

"Every player wants to be a protagonist. The problem with spending a lot of time on the bench was made clear to me when I signed the contract, although honestly I did not imagine that it would be as bad as this.

“I feel like Del Piero when Capello was the trainer of Juventus.

"I admit, it does make it more difficult keeping my place in the Azzurri."

Gianni Wilson

Goal.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
18/03/2008 11:26

Iaquinta Frustrated At Lack Of Action

Juventus bench-warmer Vincenzo Iaquinta has spoken of his frustration at continually being utilised as a substitute.

Iaquinta signed for the Old Lady last summer from Udinese, however he has made just eights starts in Serie A this season.

The 28-year-old has been used mostly as a super-sub, and indeed he has scored five of his eight goals this term coming off the bench.

The latest of these came on Sunday when he scored a crucial 88th minute winner in the 1-0 victory over Napoli.

"I am happy for myself that I come on and score,” Iaquinta told Tuttosport.

“My happiness comes from knowing that I am valuable as well.

"I consider myself important, although I am almost always a substitute. I knew that at Juventus it would be different to Udine, where I had a fixed place and the greatest concern was to stay determined. Here there are great champions, players who wrote the history of this club and I cannot pretend to just oust them.”

Iaquinta has revealed that he fears he may miss out on Euro 2008 due to his lack minutes on the pitch.

"Every player wants to be a protagonist. The problem with spending a lot of time on the bench was made clear to me when I signed the contract, although honestly I did not imagine that it would be as bad as this.

“I feel like Del Piero when Capello was the trainer of Juventus.

"I admit, it does make it more difficult keeping my place in the Azzurri."

Gianni Wilson

Goal.com
its understandable that he feels this way, he is a competitor an athlete he wants to play. his time will come, i think he should play next game maybe alongside trez or even paladino

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
FORZA IAQUITNA ..

I still remember that goal you scored against Barcelona in CL two seasons back .. I respected you ever since :) .. now you're the MAN, for being in the right bianconero team ;)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
lol .. sorry .. got my facts wrong it was Felipe who scored against Barcelona .. :S ..
lol Iaquinta didn't even play that match ..

Probably I'm having his hattrick against Panathanaikos two weeks earlier .. all i remember he did something to be proud of back then

*I FEEL LIKE A JACKASS* ..... loool

anyyyyyyyways .. forza IAQUINTA :p:p ..

Jun 13, 2007
lol .. sorry .. got my facts wrong it was Felipe who scored against Barcelona .. :S ..

Probably I'm having his hattrick against Panathanaikos two weeks earlier .. all i remember he did something to be proud of back then

You're full of shit .:spliff:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Iaquinta fears Euro snub
Tuesday 18 March, 2008

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta is worried that his lack of playing time may cost him a place at Euro 2008.

The former Udinese hitman was the hero for the Old Lady last weekend when he hit the only goal of the game against Napoli.

However, Iaquinta has only started eight games this term and has scored five of his eight goals as a substitute, prompting fears that Roberto Donadoni may overlook him.

“I was happy that I managed to come on and score,” the world champion told Tuttosport.

“I consider myself to be an important player, even though I am mostly used as a substitute.

“I knew that Juventus would be different to Udine, where I had a guaranteed place. Here there are champions and I can’t expect to oust one of them.

“However, I am scared of missing out on Euro 2008 because I’m not playing much.

“To be honest I expected to play a bit more, but then I expected to score less and I’ll have to hope that my goals convince Donadoni.

“I just have to keep the mentality to take every chance I get, just like Alessandro del Piero did under Fabio Capello.”

Iaquinta is expected to start on the bench for the Bianconeri’s trip to Empoli tomorrow night.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

:rofl: nice one!

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
His dad's getting involved now in asking Ranieri to let Iaquinta play, I guess we'd see later today if he starts the game or comes on as a sub.

-------------

19/03/2008 18:14
Play My Son, Iaquinta’s Father Tells Ranieri
The father of Juventus super-sub Vincenzo Iaquinta has urged Claudio Ranieri to play his son from the start.

The striker signed for the Bianconeri last summer from Udinese, however he has made just eights starts in Serie A this season.

Iaquinta complained yesterday that he was frustrated by his lack of action, and the World Cup winner’s father, Giuseppe, has now pleaded with Ranieri to play his son.

"It is up to the coach to decide,” Iaquinta Sr told Tuttosport.

“It is clear that Trezeguet and Del Piero are the history of Juve. However Ranieri could also play with the trident. In the game with Napoli, Nedved played behind the frontmen and that is a role Del Piero could play.”

Giuseppe admitted that his son was suffering due to the lack of time afforded to him by the Tinkerman.

"Vincenzo is on the bench and he is not saying anything. But for certain he is suffering,” he explained.

“At Udinese he was used to always playing, and he was the captain. Now he must accept the situation, but for him it is not easy.

“He is a good boy, too good, I would say, because I do not know how many, in his position, who would accept the bench without ever making a fuss.

“He is a champion, a world champion. He has scored so many goals in his career, has played a great deal both in Serie A and also in the Champions League.”

Gianni Wilson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)