Vincenzo Iaquinta (14 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I try not to bash Juve players, I've never said IQ doesn't score enough. I just think he could score even more if he worked at it harder.

I'd rather he put away anything, instead of nothing. Hopefully he scores on his return otherwise we'll have to deal with pages of 'his hair is why he isn't scoring' :rolleyes:

Oh wait, he cut it didn't he :shifty: :snoop:
I'm not sure what you mean there. Yak works his ass off in games and surely he does plenty of finishing at the training ground. Not all strikers have that talent, feeling for goal of perfect sense for positioning ( Trez :touched: ) to score.

We just have to accept he's not a goal scoring machine, but basically a 'perfect' 4th striker. Forza Iaq.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Chelsea have Juventus striker Iaquinta in their sights

Carlo Ancelotti is considering a move for Vincenzo Iaquinta, the Juventus and Italy forward.

The 30-year-old is recovering from a serious knee injury and Chelsea will monitor his fitness before deciding whether to make a move before the end of the transfer window. Juventus have a surfeit of strikers and Chelsea may test their resolve with an £8 million offer. The forward has played only six matches this season, in large part because of the injury suffered in October.

Ancelotti has identified Iaquinta because of his strength, pace and versatility, which he believes would be well suited to Chelsea and the demands of the Barclays Premier League.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6978488.ece

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He probably would do well in the Prem. But Ancelotti is probably overrating him a bit, though we should get more for him that just 8M BPS due to this inflated market.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
On the one hand, he's a valuable member of this squad. On the other hand, he's 30 and he's the easiest striker to sell for a reasonable amount.

Whether selling Iaquinta is good or not depends entirely on who we get to replace him. Better be a real step up in quality or it's not worth it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'd consider his sale.

He's a great back up but

He's 30yo and 10mln euros would mean a lot for us, especially if we have in our plans to play with one striker. I don't see how can Iaquinta do any good there so that sale would be an ace.

Swap for Ivanovic? Hell yes.

Do I see Iaquinta going there? No, that source is weak. Do I see us getting Ivanovic for Iaquinta? Not at all.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Iaquinta at Chelsea seems laughable, they could probably get someone better. Although to be fair he's the best 4th striker in the world :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)