Vieira wants to go back to Arsenal (3 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Fergie eyes Vieira in shock swoop

Manchester United are lining up a sensational swoop for Juventus' former Arsenal hardman Patrick Vieira, according to reports.The Juve midfielder is concerned with the current match-fixing investigation which could result in the Italian champions being relegated to Seria B.

Vieira is not comfortable with the current situation and has also recently been linked with a return to Arsenal but has refused to comment on his future.

Sir Alex Ferguson has long been a keen admirer of Vieira and desperately wants to add quality to the midfield area.

He has been unable to find a perfect replacement since Roy Keane's departure to Celtic last season, but may well see Vieira as the man to fill the hole.

However, with Arsenal also sniffing, along with several Spanish clubs, United will have to move quickly if they are to pull off the shock move.

But if Juventus are relegated to Seria B then the French international will almost certainly want a move away after just one season in Italy.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060531/1/k08w.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This man is not a dependable person:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vieira might play in Serie B

Former Arsenal captain and midfield lynchpin Patrick Vieira has revealed that he has no exit clause in his contract with Serie A champions Juventus should the Turin side be relegated to Serie B.

Juventus are currently under investigation by Italian football officials following allegations against former general manager Luciano Moggi and if found guilty, could be relegated to Serie B as a punishment.

Vieira said: "Do I have an option on my contract to leave the club if we are relegated?

"No
."

Vieira doesn't know what the outcome of the investigation will be, however, and said that he updates himself on the situation like everyone else.

And the Frenchman is concerned.

He said: "This is worrying me, I want to know what will happen.

"But I won't ask myself any questions, I am waiting to see what comes next.

"I get informed just like you, I read the newspapers, I don't know any more
."

http://www.arsenal-now.com/?page=articles&article=2145214&from=rss&title=

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
That news headline which says "Vieira might play in Serie B" is absolutely ridiculous. Where did he say that? Where? He just said that must ponder the situation, just like Zambrotta and Emerson. Either these internet reporters are asses who make up headlines like they see fit or these news bits lack essential information. Either way, I hate all internet football portals because their class of journalism is terrible.

Remember people, what you read must not be actually true, especially if reading internet news headlines about football.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
jussiut said:
That news headline which says "Vieira might play in Serie B" is absolutely ridiculous. Where did he say that? Where? He just said that must ponder the situation, just like Zambrotta and Emerson. Either these internet reporters are asses who make up headlines like they see fit or these news bits lack essential information. Either way, I hate all internet football portals because their class of journalism is terrible.

Remember people, what you read must not be actually true, especially if reading internet news headlines about football.
I'm with you on that one, although in this case Patrick Vieira has admitted that he "does not have a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if relegated".

So, we could force him to stay. As a slave :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)