venezuelans here? (1 Viewer)

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
I think they wont prove it was a fraud because I think it's too late, this government is soooo crooked, I think they did something already, I mean, they wont be relax while the opposition is investigating

damn :(

OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #67
    international observers such as jimmy carter said the referendum was fair and square...so :LOL: at you calling foul because of a picture of a protest against chavez.

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
    well WE know he is not right, we know everything is just a fraud... and WE won't change our mind... but we have to accept the result, there's nothing to do...

Isanie

Sep 1, 2004
    Hello. I'm Venezuelan too :)

Yeah, it was a very well-planned fraud if you ask me. I bet they had everything ready months before the recall referendum.

The Electoral Commitee did their job, which was to slow down the process, starting from the validation of the signatures.

I think, and I include myself in that list, that we underestimated their intelligence. To us, they were a bunch of ignorant people. I was quite certain that there would be a fraud, but that they'd be so stupid and leave some marks, like some very obvious marks lol. Hee, I guess I was wrong. They whole thing was neatly planned.

oh well, my name is Isanie by the way. First time poster, so bear with me ;)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    we wish hope would be on the way! even Carter sold us out for our oil!! Its convenient to America that there is stability in Venezuela so the oil prices dont get higher! after all the Iraq thing failed the oil reached 2.50 per gallon earlier this year (july) and they had to take them down until september, thats why the Bush administration nor Carter/OAE recognize it was indeed a fraud, and mostly we dont have proof it was a fraud!! so this is perfect for the Bush adm. low oil prizes, and a situation in Venezuela thats completely constitutional

bottom line: were ****ed up, but this is nothing new, were used to America doing whats convenient for them- and we cant blame them for that

Isanie

Sep 1, 2004
    I think we cannot blame Carter or Gaviria, they pretty much did their job. There is not proof, simply because this is something that was planned by the Government and the CNE, when the so called referee manipulates everything to his will, how can you prove there was something out of the ordinary?

I agree that the US and the international community in general preferred to ignore the fraud allegations, and that they did it because it worked to their convenience but honestly, what have we done to really demonstrate that there was a fraud? nothing. And not because we are stupid or incompetent, though some opposition leaders might very well fall into that category, it is because we cannot prove something that was prepared as flawlessly as this fraud was.

but we are sure the fraud was there. I mean, hello? Chavez with almost 6 million supporters? yeah, riiiight. If the CNE had told me, hey the dude won by 5 points, I would have accepted it, it is possible why not? But that they come here and tell me that the most hated person in Venezuela won by a margin of 20 points, come on! that was just silly.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Isanie ] ++
    I think we cannot blame Carter or Gaviria, they pretty much did their job. There is not proof, simply because this is something that was planned by the Government and the CNE, when the so called referee manipulates everything to his will, how can you prove there was something out of the ordinary?

I agree that the US and the international community in general preferred to ignore the fraud allegations, and that they did it because it worked to their convenience but honestly, what have we done to really demonstrate that there was a fraud? nothing. And not because we are stupid or incompetent, though some opposition leaders might very well fall into that category, it is because we cannot prove something that was prepared as flawlessly as this fraud was.

but we are sure the fraud was there. I mean, hello? Chavez with almost 6 million supporters? yeah, riiiight. If the CNE had told me, hey the dude won by 5 points, I would have accepted it, it is possible why not? But that they come here and tell me that the most hated person in Venezuela won by a margin of 20 points, come on! that was just silly.
    The opposition was quite naive, because they had the results before the CNE but they didnt say them because they agreed with Carter and Gaviria. How could we have proved it? the boxes!!! the opposition should have asked to keep those.

Bush nor Carter arent stupid and they do know exactly whats going on in Venezuela- but they prefer to ignore it because whats going out to the international scene and the World is that Chavez is wanted by a 59% of people, that the opposition is stupid and is trying to prove something without proof.

And of course it was a fraud and a big one! they had planned this awhile ago, and its amazing how they reverted the results, the exit polls results that actually should say the truth said that it was 59% SI 41% NO

Isanie

Sep 1, 2004
    There is nothing one could have done to prevent this from happening, that is what most people fail to understand, that we cannot blame anyone but the Government and the CNE. It is like swimming against the tide.

Suppose there is a football match where the referee is blatantly favouring the other team, so you file your complaint to the UEFA and the UEFA rather than help you, buries you even more because it turns out that they are participating in the whole plot too. How can you fight that? It is impossible.

I think what happened should be left in the past and find "other" ways to get rid of this guy.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Isanie ] ++
    There is nothing one could have done to prevent this from happening, that is what most people fail to understand, that we cannot blame anyone but the Government and the CNE. It is like swimming against the tide.

Suppose there is a football match where the referee is blatantly favouring the other team, so you file your complaint to the UEFA and the UEFA rather than help you, buries you even more because it turns out that they are participating in the whole plot too. How can you fight that? It is impossible.

I think what happened should be left in the past and find "other" ways to get rid of this guy.
    What other ways? there arent other ways! what could have we done to prevent this from happening? nothing, but the opposition could have been a little less more naive. Right now we cant do anything about Chavez winning, in less than a month the regional elections are coming and same thing will happen, prepare to see Mendoza out and Diosdado in, and lots of abstention!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)