Vegetarian Diet (1 Viewer)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
well, what do you guys think ?
"agree" ? "disagree" ? " agree in theory, but is it doable " ?
do you think it's healthy ?
anyone tried it at all ?
do you think being a vegan is just sick ?

and please lets not discuss atkins diet here, weight loss is not what this thread is about.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
im sure its doable. research says vegetarians die earlier than people who eat meat however.

i was thinking of getting into vegetarianism but a friend of mine kinda got pissed at me cuz apparently i was taking this hippie thing too far.

OP
Vicky

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    hahahaha " taking this hippie thing too far"
    i like that expression

but i don't think that's a strong enough reason not to do it
    you must be a meat lover

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think eating only veggies, if not done correctly, can leave one weak and lacking vital bodily needs.

I'm a meat lover :drool:

Remember, man does not live on bread alone :D

Okay that was a bit sacreligious :embarass: oops

OP
    Vicky

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    no Josh i'm not a meat lover :)
    actually the only thing that i ate with meat in it in the past 3 days was some soup that was made on chicken broth ....
    i think the thought of eating flesh kinda grosses me out

and yeah vegans scare me a little ,Graham, i could never survive without dairy products. but i've lived with a vegan, now a vegetarian (he started eating eggs and dairy stuff) for 5 years so there has been plenty of vegetarian food around my house, which i of course like.

k10, they TOUCH meat alright ;)

and Bes, if you ever had Hot&Sour Soup, that is made with tofu, no meat and tastes great.

heh, look at this guys,
    you don't have to read it b/c it's kind of gross

"Some farmers have started to implement a new system (still in its infancy and hopefully a doomed one) in which they feed the larger animals their own freeze-dried, unsterilized feces. Just imagine the money that could be saved on costly feed!"

good stuff right ?

how about this

"Poultry is often frozen for up to two years. Cold temperatures do not kill all species of bacteria. Worse than this, as it is shipped and stored, most frozen meat is thawed and refrozen many times. This is almost unavoidable."

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vicky ] ++

heh, look at this guys,
    you don't have to read it b/c it's kind of gross

" Some farmers have started to implement a new system ( still in its infancy and hopefully a doomed one) in which they feed the larger animals their own freeze-dried, unsterilized feces. Just imagine the money that could be saved on costly feed!"

good stuff right ?
    actually, it's a lot more than "some." and it's been going on for quite a while now.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    we all know that "heart attacks are God's revenge for eating his animal friends"
    i know you said this in jest, but just to clarify, it was God's commandment that we have dominion over animals and that we'd use them for food etc :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

i know you said this in jest, but just to clarify, it was God's commandment that we have dominion over animals and that we'd use them for food etc :)
    Graham... if he's not Christian, you can't use that as an argumnet. that's like quoting the bible. That's what you (Christians) believe (and us Muslims too)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Well if he's talking about God, am I not allowed to give my $0.02? ;)

Let's not get started though, it was a joke man

OP
    Vicky

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    yes Majed, continue

i know Taco Bell uses grade D meat, (out of grades A, B, C and D)

OP
    Vicky

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    @ Graham,
    i know this girl who always talks about religion, so we all make sure not to say the word " god" or anything like that around her
    but on saturday she came to our party and there were some new people that didn't knwo that, so i think someone said "god" that person had to talk to her for like an hour straight ....
    you remind me of that girl ... :rolleyes:
    and please don't take offence it's kinda funny and kinda true too

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Try talking to a footballer and ask him about his life, will he not talk about football? Talk to a wine connoiseur and ask them about grapes, will they not talk from the point of view of someone whose life revolves around wine? Talk to a christian about God, and tell me if it's unfair to expect them to speak from a biblical point of view

I said it in good nature, acknowledging that Bes was just joking and I even added a smiley to boot, so if that's not enough to show that I wasn't trying to have an hour's worth of religious discussion, I don't know what is.

Forgive me if this sounds more aggressive than it should ever have been in the first place, I've had a shitty day

OP
    Vicky

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    Sorry Gray i guess it wasn't the right time to say that to you

Aug 1, 2003
    I think it's okay, but I think we should eat what's given to us. There are chickens and meats for a reason you know ;) all we need is balancing of both sides, and we'd be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)