Vedad Ibišević (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Same BS all the time. If Poland can qualify, a team we raped on their own soil, Bosnia should be able to qualify. But they don't. And their fans seemingly think they're better than us because of two players.
You say this all the time, is this like their greatest achievement or something? WOW man you beat Poland DAMN thats amazing and on their own soil??? WOW just WOW.

Come on please, have you seen the group Bosnia is in now? Spain, Turkey and Belgium are in it. And only first place is guarenteed to qualify.

And I mentioned 6 players not 2.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You say this all the time, is this like their greatest achievement or something? WOW man you beat Poland DAMN thats amazing and on their own soil??? WOW just WOW.

Come on please, have you seen the group Bosnia is in now? Spain, Turkey and Belgium are in it. And only first place is guarenteed to qualify.

And I mentioned 6 players not 2.
So the fuck what? How can you say Bosnia is better than US when you don't play in major competitions?

Like I said, if Poland can qualify year after year, surely Bosnia could... if they were any good.

Next please.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
So the fuck what? How can you say Bosnia is better than US when you don't play in major competitions?

Like I said, if Poland can qualify year after year, surely Bosnia could... if they were any good.

Next please.
Did you read my other post? We are in groups with countries like Spain. Yeah you can qualify because your country has to beat countries like the Bahamas with all due respect.

There's no logic in saying USA is better because they play the cups, you have to look at what they have to do to qualify.

Put USA in Bosnia's place and they'll not qualify either.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Did you read my other post? We are in groups with countries like Spain. Yeah you can qualify because your country has to beat countries like the Bahamas with all due respect.

There's no logic in saying USA is better because they play the cups, you have to look at what they have to do to qualify.

Put USA in Bosnia's place and they'll not qualify either.
We would qualify more than Bosnia for sure.

Seriously, how can so many people underrate us when we reached the Quarters in 2002 and tied the glorious World Champions in 2006?

I don't have anything against Bosnia, they have good players, but they are simply not as good as we are in the sport, which isn't something shameful whatsoever.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Salihamidzic in his prime was one of the best players outthere in his position. Hasan is better than any American ever to kick a football.
:smoke:

Sally has always been a bargain bin reach for the board. Before the acquisition as well. He can patch a hole in an outfit by injury, but he never was good enough to be a regular starter on a premiere club. He, Grygera, Knezevic -- all flea market purchases where you get what you pay for.

And here I don't hold any U.S. players very high in an international regard. (Not to mention that it's teams, not individual players, that win games.)

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
:smoke:

Sally has always been a bargain bin reach for the board. Before the acquisition as well. He can patch a hole in an outfit by injury, but he never was good enough to be a regular starter on a premiere club. He, Grygera, Knezevic -- all flea market purchases where you get what you pay for.

And here I don't hold any U.S. players very high in an international regard. (Not to mention that it's teams, not individual players, that win games.)
Yeah I guess Bayern Munchen isn't a "premiere" club :shifty:

This thread is gone wild. It could just as well be closed, because the rumour about Ibisevic is absolute bullshit.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Bosnia vs Usa a match I am looking forward to see. I would bet on Bosnia.. players from Balkan will always be more talented then players from USA.

Andy ok Usa have done a good job they qualify to some tournements.. but you must admit that it's easy for them because they play against shitty teams in the qualify matches..

Bosnia plays against harder teams thats a fact.. do never compare players from Usa with players from Bosnia.. You know that in 10 years Bosnia will be better. they are a "new" team.. Like Croatia they will be better.. they have a young team and if all the bosinian players chose to play for Bosnia instead of Sweden(Zlatan) example then they will rock..

Usa with some many people sucks.. countries with 1% of your people are much better then Usa in football..

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
come on, Salihamidzic has played something like hundred matches in Champions League, i cant name any USA player who is playing in the CL right now. Ibisevic by far is the best scorer in the Bundesliga, is there any league besides MSL where american is the top scorer of league? maybe national teams isnt so different, cause i almost never watch both of them, but in terms of individual talent and football traditions bosnia leads by mile, and andy should admit it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
come on, Salihamidzic has played something like hundred matches in Champions League, i cant name any USA player who is playing in the CL right now. Ibisevic by far is the best scorer in the Bundesliga, is there any league besides MSL where american is the top scorer of league? maybe national teams isnt so different, cause i almost never watch both of them, but in terms of individual talent and football traditions bosnia leads by mile, and andy should admit it.
Well then those great football "traditions" better make some damn tournaments then. Because if not, it counts for nothing.

What matters is the team and I'm confident we would beat Bosnia on the football pitch. A couple "great" players doesn't mean an entire team is something to take notice of. I don't see Togo creating waves with their beloved Adebayor, and he's a better player than anybody on Bosnia. So perhaps then we can take some of the logic seen in this thread and claim Togo is better than Bosnia.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What matters is the team and I'm confident we would beat Bosnia on the football pitch.
At this moment i'd also bet on the USA but there is a good reason for that and it certainly doesn't mean that the USA has better players. Let me explain by replying to the other part of your post.

Well then those great football "traditions" better make some damn tournaments then. Because if not, it counts for nothing.
Back in Yugoslavia Bosnians were the most talented for football.
Then the war happened. Hundreds of thousands were killed or left the country. There were many lost generations due to the war. There were no conditions to play football. Bah, no-one could even think about football back then. After the war the country was ruined and again no-one was thinking about football.
Exactly these generations of Bosnian football players were the ones who played the qualifiers in the last years.
Another big problem happened with the Serbs and the Croats from Bosnia. As you know, Bosnia is a multi-national country. It's a country of 3.9 million people of which around 40% are Bosnian muslims, 30% are Serbs, 20% Croats etc. These Serbs and Croats live in Bosnia for centuries. They were born there, their parents were born there, their grandparents and great grandparents were born there. Yet, they opted to represent Croatia or Serbia in the qualifiers. Instead of playing for Bosnia, Corluka and Stanic played for Croatia, instead of playing for Bosnia, Krstajic, Milosevic and many others played for Serbia.
Those Bosnian Serbs and Croats who left the country before or during the war, like Klasnic, Rakitic, Petric, Niko and Robert Kovac, Zdravko Kuzmanovic from Fiorentina, decided to represent Serbia and Croatia, not their own country Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Now things are changing. Young Serbs and Croats from Bosnia started playing for Bosnia. The young Bosnians, who were very young during the war and who developed as footballers in normal conditions, didn't have interceptions in their football development and they are starting to show their worth on club level. Miralem Pjanic is (Fred can confirm this) the most talented young player in the French league. Lyon bought him this summer. Vedad Ibisevic is the topscorer and top assistman in Bundesliga with 13 goals and 6 assists on 11 matches. Sejad Salihovic shares the top assistman first place with Ibisevic, Dzeko is scoring like crazy for Wolfsburg etc.

Give them few more years and you'll be surprised how far they'll get.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hoffenheim's Ibisevic Named Bundesliga Player Of The Month

Nice achievement when you have the likes of Diego and Ribery as your rivals.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1797458 said:
At this moment i'd also bet on the USA but there is a good reason for that and it certainly doesn't mean that the USA has better players. Let me explain by replying to the other part of your post.

Back in Yugoslavia Bosnians were the most talented for football.
Then the war happened. Hundreds of thousands were killed or left the country. There were many lost generations due to the war. There were no conditions to play football. Bah, no-one could even think about football back then. After the war the country was ruined and again no-one was thinking about football.
Exactly these generations of Bosnian football players were the ones who played the qualifiers in the last years.
Another big problem happened with the Serbs and the Croats from Bosnia. As you know, Bosnia is a multi-national country. It's a country of 3.9 million people of which around 40% are Bosnian muslims, 30% are Serbs, 20% Croats etc. These Serbs and Croats live in Bosnia for centuries. They were born there, their parents were born there, their grandparents and great grandparents were born there. Yet, they opted to represent Croatia or Serbia in the qualifiers. Instead of playing for Bosnia, Corluka and Stanic played for Croatia, instead of playing for Bosnia, Krstajic, Milosevic and many others played for Serbia.
Those Bosnian Serbs and Croats who left the country before or during the war, like Klasnic, Rakitic, Petric, Niko and Robert Kovac, Zdravko Kuzmanovic from Fiorentina, decided to represent Serbia and Croatia, not their own country Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Now things are changing. Young Serbs and Croats from Bosnia started playing for Bosnia. The young Bosnians, who were very young during the war and who developed as footballers in normal conditions, didn't have interceptions in their football development and they are starting to show their worth on club level. Miralem Pjanic is (Fred can confirm this) the most talented young player in the French league. Lyon bought him this summer. Vedad Ibisevic is the topscorer and top assistman in Bundesliga with 13 goals and 6 assists on 11 matches. Sejad Salihovic shares the top assistman first place with Ibisevic, Dzeko is scoring like crazy for Wolfsburg etc.

Give them few more years and you'll be surprised how far they'll get.
Sure, Bosnia has a few good players. I never denied that. I don't have anything against them whatsoever and hope they do make tournaments, thus giving the Balkans more prosperity.

But no matter what anybody says, they better qualify for some tournaments coming up here. Of course I acknowledge that qualifying from Europe is much more difficult than qualifying from North America, but so what mate? Nations such as Poland and others who don't have phenomenal talent qualify, so Bosnia should be able to qualify in the future if they have the team skills. Thus far, I don't think they do.

My side certainly isn't the greatest and doesn't have world class players, but we still can upset people who blow us off like we're nothing. One can see it in this thread... everybody says we're shit. That's cool and all, but it's not the truth. We are a good team and that means more than having a couple amazing players.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Sure, Bosnia has a few good players. I never denied that. I don't have anything against them whatsoever and hope they do make tournaments, thus giving the Balkans more prosperity.
Clearly you just want to see the Balkan babes in the crowd, and frankly, I don't blame you.

NERKO

Apr 26, 2006
I am from Bosnia, but I must say Ibišević is not good for Juventus, just like Dario Knežević and Poulsen. C'mon guys, this is Juve!!!! Zlatan Muslimović is better player than Vedad, and he's most of time spent on the bench when he played for Atalanta. The stupid coach Del Neri has insist to italian players,even the whole world could to see that Muslimović is better than Simone Inzaghi or Langella. One more thing, MIRALEM PJANIĆ will be a world class player, you'll see!!!
A za ove moje bosance sto se prepiru s amerom, dajte ljudi što trošite živce raspravljajući s glupanom o fudbalu. Pa amerikanci ne znaju ni kako izgleda lopta, ni koja su pravila u fudbalu, a kamoli da znaju igrat'. VOLIM TE BOSNO!

Ne potcenjuj / Alen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)