Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
chester

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #141
    Like I said, if he doesn't change his mentality, he will forever be a big prospect, for belgian football and for VdB's sake, I hope he changes, but I am positive he wouldn't have changed if he stayed at Anderlecht.
    So I am glad to see him leave Anderlecht, even more pleased that he didn't join Juve since he might have felt that he would be good enough for a big club even if he isn't making an effort so let him prove himself at Fiorentina first and in a few seasons, we will see if he is good enough for a club like Juve or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
    Jul 15, 2006
    I don't really agree on everything.

Yes Antho has been shite for the last season and a half. No wonder he doesn't make it to the first team anymore.
    But it's not a wonder either that he got into the A selection when he was 17. The kid has loads of talent, and proved it with some flashes of brilliant play. I remember a goal he scored with a one-two with Wilhelmsson, that was beautiful, and proved to everyone that he was gifted.
    But Belgium seems to hate it's talent, and he got loads of critics for every mistake he did. Soon enough, everyone saw him as a spoiled and lazy kid with an atrocious mentality. This was partly right, but got out of proportions. Now, people in Belgium, even RSCA sups say he's bad and all...

That's horsecrap. The kid has loads of talent, but it's true he has problems. He doesn't fin his position on the pitch, which would be somewhere on the right, between the defence and the midfield...

With a good coach and a serene mentality, he has the ability to become one of Europe's hottest prospects.

If he joins Fiorentina, I can't predict how he'll turn out. He could become a good serieA player, but could also sink in the Arno without a trace.
    Personally I wouldn't have paid 3M€ for him.
    It' up to Vandenborre, not his coach.

I have a season ticket on Anderlecht. Seen him play (too) many times this season. Game after game he was one of the worst players on the field.

Vdb should not join juve !

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Fiorentina are closing in on sealing the signature of Belgian international Anthony Vanden Borre. The Serie A club are believed to be offering the Anderlecht defender a three-year contract, with an option of a further two years.

The 19-year-old has been with the Belgian club from the age of eight, but since several sterling Champions League appearances in 2005, the Congo-born player has attracted attention from some of Europe's top clubs, including Juventus, Internazionale, Bayern Munich and Tottenham.

But it is the Viola who are currently in pole position to sign Vanden Borre, and the Tuscan club are holding talks with Andelecht, although a fee has yet to be agreed: "If we can agree on a fee of 3 to 3.5 million euros there will be three winners - Fiorentina, Vanden Borre and Anderlecht," Anderlecht manager Herman Van Holsbeeck said.

Levante were also thought to be tracking the stopper, who can play right-back as well as centre half.

Eurosport - MH - 07/03/2007 17:58

OP
    chester

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #154
    3 to 3.5MIl euro?? why the fuck don't we sign him? sign him and put him on the bench ffs :confused:
    :disagree: better loan him out then, if he gets benched, his motivation, what is his biggest problem, would be less then 0 and that definately isn't good, believe me, we can spent that 3.5 MEuro better then on him at this moment.

OP
    chester

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #156
    I have seen him for 3 years now, if he doesn't play often, he won't be motivated and thus, he would be a terrible player to have in the squad, add to this that he hasn't improved one bit in the last 1.5 season at Anderlecht and it would be a waste of money right now, money we can use for other players, elt him prove himself first and if he does ok at Fiorentina, we can get him after a few seasons, I am sure we can arrange something with Fiorentina in the future.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I have seen him for 3 years now, if he doesn't play often, he won't be motivated and thus, he would be a terrible player to have in the squad, add to this that he hasn't improved one bit in the last 1.5 season at Anderlecht and it would be a waste of money right now, money we can use for other players, elt him prove himself first and if he does ok at Fiorentina, we can get him after a few seasons, I am sure we can arrange something with Fiorentina in the future.
    am not telling you buy him and put him on the bench and freeze him.. he is 19, he himself is not dreaming to play regular football for now, if we use him on rotation, that's bigger than his dream..

OP
    chester

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #160
    snoop, I doubt it, and with his current form and motivation, he wouldn't deserve a rotation role.

He isn't playing at Anderlecht (not for 1.5 seasons which means he isn't good enough for RSCA at the moment) but still a lot of peole seem to think he is good enough for Juve, I really can't understand this.
    :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)