Van der Vaart (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yeah but Quaresma can play on the left as well since he's about one of the only ones in the world I know that can use the outside of his right food so effectively.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
yeah but Quaresma can play on the left as well since he's about one of the only ones in the world I know that can use the outside of his right food so effectively.
TBH, I've rarely seen him play, but if its as u say, then I'll pick Quaresma :smoke:

Jul 2, 2006
Pavel Nedved sta pensando seriamente al ritiro. Lo fa capire il procuratore del ceco Mino Raiola. Determinante sarà l'incontro (non oltre il 30 giugno) con i dirigenti della Juve, che cercheranno di convincere il giocatore offrendogli un futuro in bianconero anche da dirigente. In caso di ritiro la società è pronta a buttarsi sull'olandese dell'Amburgo Rafael Van der Vaart, sponsorizzato dallo stesso Nedved.

http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/24062007/45/serie-incognita-nedved.html

mondo1

May 14, 2006
from what i understand it says that pavel is seriously thinking about to retire. and there willbe a meeting with the management who will try to convince him to stay and the solution would be rafael van der vaart
but i understand just a little

ah ok i forgot they also want pavel to stay at juve in the management

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
How much do you peeps rate Luisao? I haven't seen him be great or bad, he is kinda anonymous on the pitch when I've seen him.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Career of Van Der Vaart

At Ajax Amsterdam

At the age of ten, Rafael van der Vaart was enrolled in a youth trial in Amsterdam for Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam. His talent was quickly noticed and he eventually joined AFC Ajax on a trial basis. It was soon decided that young Rafael was allowed to continue to stay at the club.

At the age of seventeen, Rafael van der Vaart made his debut for AFC Ajax in a 1-1 draw with FC Den Bosch in the 1999-00 season.

In the 2000-01 season, van der Vaart saw a vast amount of game time compared to his first season at Ajax. Then Ajax coach Co Adriaanse opted to play Van der Vaart more and more, giving the Dutchman a good spell of game time at Ajax. Van der Vaart's keen eye for attack was noticed and he was put into the central attacking midfielder position. That year, he went on to be elected as Ajax Talent of the Year from the Ajax supporters and was also voted as European Talent of the Year by readers of Italian magazine Calcio Manager.[1]

2001-02 season brought more prestige for Van der Vaart. He was given the number 23 shirt as a sign of his further growing involvement with Ajax. However, in that season, Van der Vaart suffered a serious knee injury which reqiured an operation. The operation went through and Van der Vaart returned to football, however, the injury plagued the young player even more and on April 2, 2002, Van der Vaart sustained a more serious injury in the same area and required a more important operation, removing his entire meniscus. Although being plagued by injuries throughout the season, van der Vaart managed to score 14 goals for Ajax.

In the 2002-03 season, Van der Vaart had recovered from his injuries and during the Amsterdam Tournament, he scored two goals in Ajax's magnificent 4-3 victory over FC Barcelona. Ajax went on to win the tournament with a goal from van der Vaart against Internazionale in the finals. Despite suffering yet another series of injuries through out the season, van der Vaart finished the season with 18 goals to him name in 21 appearances in the Eredivisie.

In the 2004-05 season, van der Vaart was named team captain by coach Ronald Koeman. During an international match against Sweden national football team, van der Vaart was injured by fellow Ajax teammate, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, which led the Ajax side to disfunction and also led to Ibrahimovic's sudden sale to Juventus. Upon his return, Ajax, unable to find a replacement striker, gave manager Ronald Koeman no choice but to put van der Vaart into a striking position, especially with, Ajax striker, Wesley Sonck's poor form.[2]

Continuing to have a poor season, van der Vaart was stripped from his captaincy by Koeman on December 10, 2004. His performances drew criticism from the media for being overweight and spending too much time at glamourous parties with his then fiancée, MTV veejay Sylvie Meis.[3] Koeman quit the team as head coach, and Danny Blind took over as manager. Van der Vaart was injured for most of the games left under Blind, and he announced that he did not plan on staying with Ajax, and would leave the following season.

Ajax officially announced the sale of van der Vaart for an estimated fee of €5.5m to Hamburger SV on June 1, 2007.[4]

At Hamburger SV

van der Vaart moved to Bundesliga club Hamburg SV on July 1, 2005, where he was positioned as playmaker. For a player touted as one of the young stars of Europe, a move to a side past its greater years came as a shock to most of the footballing world; some even declared it a step backward, and that it was a result of van der Vaart's poor performances for Ajax.[5] In his first season in Germany, van der Vaart began developing the form he used to herald in Ajax. He finished the season as Hamburg's topscorer, including a strings of sensational long range efforts, and earned rave reviews for his performances both within Germany, and abroad.

Moving to Germany turned out to be a prudent move for the talented Dutchman, ably leading his new side to victory in the 2005 UEFA Intertoto Cup, following it up with a 3rd place finish in the Bundesliga, which ensured Hamburg a place in the 2006-07 UEFA Champions League.

The next season, van der Vaart was appointed as team captain. However, once again, injury was to shroud his contribution to the side. In his injury forced absence, Hamburg spiraled into the relagation zone, only winning once before the winter break. Van der Vaart's return to the side had an immediate impact, especially in the UEFA Champions League where he scored three goals in three games, giving Hamburg hopes of making it to the round of 16. However, results elsewhere went against Hamburg and they finished last in their group. van der Vaart however, received heavy praise for his performances.[5]

With attention squarely focused on domestic matters, van der Vaart slowly but surely led his troops out of the danger zone with a series of stunning victories over Bayern Munich, Werder Bremen and FC Schalke 04, leading Hamburg to a sixth placed finish, ensuring qualification for the 2007 UEFA Intertoto Cup.

The word Injured or Injury appears 10 times!!! Is he made of glass?

bianconeri1221

The Siver Cartel
Jun 20, 2007
The word Injured or Injury appears 10 times!!! Is he made of glass?
In the first paragraph, the word "injury" is used to describe the same injury. It says "he had a knee injury. this injury kept him from playing. he was injured..." blah blah blah.....but yea, he has been hurt alot.

Also, it's ironic that he was injured by Zlatan.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
In the first paragraph, the word "injury" is used to describe the same injury. It says "he had a knee injury. this injury kept him from playing. he was injured..." blah blah blah.....but yea, he has been hurt alot.

Also, it's ironic that he was injured by Zlatan.
talking about time to get even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)