Valencia - Inter brawl [Youtube] (8 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Although it's a disgrace to football what happened, the fact that Inter were involved makes me feel great. :D
This is awsome!!

However, banning Inter from Champions League would like banning a blind man from seeing.
I agree with both quotes. :biggrin:

Although, I can't say who is the one to be blamed and who started the whole mess!!!

Anyways, we are waiting for the UEFA's report regarding the whole thing.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Quite frankly, after watch the video, I really beleive that Valencia is to blame. I wouldn't put too much puishment on Inter for defending their player. I hate Inter with a passion, but I really think Valencia is to blame. They should be thrown out of the competition and Navarro banned for the rest of the season. This is an absolute disgrace.

Now we all know that Inter will be punished beyond all belief and Valencia awarded with the peace prize because that is how much the organizations hate Italian Teams. But, this is yet another instance where an Italian team is being unfairly criticised. UEFA need to take a step back and really examine the tape and punish fairly. I really think Inter should get nothing more than a small penalty. Perhaps make them qualify for Champions League next year and allow the second place Italian team to take their spot.

There is no doubt in my mind that Valencia's Champions League fairy tale should be over after that. It is too bad for them because they played a great two games. However, I do hope that Moratti keeps Mancini forever. He is a terrible manager. I love it.
How can you say that? It doesn't matter who started something, what matters is that no professional can behave like that for the whole wide world to see, yes that includes Navarro also. It was a important match and the tension was high, a few sparks were bound to happen, Navarro just lit the fuse and all hell broke loose, it was on Inter not to react because they couldn't change anything except make things worse.

He should be punished severly, but what he did can in no way be compaired to the reactions of all Inter players who just went wild and behaved like animals. Had they stayed calm and tried to calm down the tensions they would be hailed heroes but they did exactly the opposite and made things ten times worse. They knew they were out so they wanted to let off some steam, that's normal but there's no place for that on a football pitch.

And to chase the player around the pitch wanting to tackle him down, what would have happened if they did? I'm pretty sure Navarro would have had a concussion and be in the hospital as well, not to mention the further riot that would ignite. Also, running into their opponents dressing room? After the incident Valencia's players at least didn't react like that and tried to calm things down.

David Navarro did a horrible thing and disgraced himself, but Inter was disgraced as a whole, as a club. For one player to loose his nerve and do something stupid, like Navarro did, is normal but for a whole team to loose it and act like animals is a whole different matter.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
How can you say that? It doesn't matter who started something, what matters is that no professional can behave like that for the whole wide world to see, yes that includes Navarro also. It was a important match and the tension was high, a few sparks were bound to happen, Navarro just lit the fuse and all hell broke loose, it was on Inter not to react because they couldn't change anything except make things worse.

He should be punished severly, but what he did can in no way be compaired to the reactions of all Inter players who just went wild and behaved like animals. Had they stayed calm and tried to calm down the tensions they would be hailed heroes but they did exactly the opposite and made things ten times worse. They knew they were out so they wanted to let off some steam, that's normal but there's no place for that on a football pitch.

And to chase the player around the pitch wanting to tackle him down, what would have happened if they did? I'm pretty sure Navarro would have had a concussion and be in the hospital as well, not to mention the further riot that would ignite. Also, running into their opponents dressing room? After the incident Valencia's players at least didn't react like that and tried to calm things down.

David Navarro did a horrible thing and disgraced himself, but Inter was disgraced as a whole, as a club. For one player to loose his nerve and do something stupid, like Navarro did, is normal but for a whole team to loose it and act like animals is a whole different matter.
Couldn't agree more. :tup:

+rep :cool2:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I guess I should just say things like Inter suck.

I am trying to analyse the situation objectively and not just trying to persecute Inter Milan based on my hatred for them.

If someone slugged my teammate in the face and then ran away I wouldn't sit there and say "I forgive you". Especially since both teams were equally tussling.

Try to imagine Juventus in that position. Now I know that would never happen because we are made of gold, but just try to pretend. I think your story would be a bit different.

I like to see Inter fail and they did in an embarrasing fashion, but I really don't think they should pay to great a penalty. Valencia really is primarily responsible as they were the "winning" side and should realize that and not act like wild animals by punching someone from the team you just eliminated in the face.

It got way out of hand and both teams are to blame. But there is NO excuse for slugging someone in the face. Blindly at that. Like I said, Inter should have to start 2007/08 CL in the qualifing rounds, and allow the 2nd and 3rd place teams in Serie A right in. Valencia should be removed from the tournament and Navarro suspended for the season.

My thoughts.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I guess I should just say things like Inter suck.

I am trying to analyse the situation objectively and not just trying to persecute Inter Milan based on my hatred for them.

If someone slugged my teammate in the face and then ran away I wouldn't sit there and say "I forgive you". Especially since both teams were equally tussling.

Try to imagine Juventus in that position. Now I know that would never happen because we are made of gold, but just try to pretend. I think your story would be a bit different.

I like to see Inter fail and they did in an embarrasing fashion, but I really don't think they should pay to great a penalty. Valencia really is primarily responsible as they were the "winning" side and should realize that and not act like wild animals by punching someone from the team you just eliminated in the face.

It got way out of hand and both teams are to blame. But there is NO excuse for slugging someone in the face. Blindly at that. Like I said, Inter should have to start 2007/08 CL in the qualifing rounds, and allow the 2nd and 3rd place teams in Serie A right in. Valencia should be removed from the tournament and Navarro suspended for the season.

My thoughts.
My thoughts are not based on hatred for Inter, don't give me that crap.

For someone trying to be objective I must say you fail to do so. If someone from Juve got suckered punched like that I would naturally be upset, but I would never want them to react like Inter did, the players are not there to make justice, it's as simple as that.

Navarro did something horrible, Inter made it a whole lot worse, there's no excuse for either. Inter must be heavily punished and so must Navarro, the only difference is Navarro acted on his own, the Inter players didn't, they were like savages looking for blood. Though I do understand them and in some other circumstances, meaning not in a professional football tournament, I would have done the same thing, you gotta look after your own. But the point is this is the biggest European competition, there's no place for that here, if someone looses his cool there are referees and other officials to take care of it and do justice.

Inter reacted like they were on a schoolground playing for the highschool trophy, I can't possibly imagine how one can defend their actions.

BTW, if we are gonna be nitpicking, Burdisso was the one who lost his cool first and was going for Marchena, Navarro was defending his teammate, does that make it rigth? No, it doesn't, but Valencia has separated themselves from the riot as much as possible and don't deserve to be punished 1/10th of what Inter should get.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
My thoughts are not based on hatred for Inter, don't give me that crap.

For someone trying to be objective I must say you fail to do so. If someone from Juve got suckered punched like that I would naturally be upset, but I would never want them to react like Inter did, the players are not there to make justice, it's as simple as that.

Navarro did something horrible, Inter made it a whole lot worse, there's no excuse for either. Inter must be heavily punished and so must Navarro, the only difference is Navarro acted on his own, the Inter players didn't, they were like savages looking for blood. Though I do understand them and in some other circumstances, meaning not in a professional football tournament, I would have done the same thing, you gotta look after your own. But the point is this is the biggest European competition, there's no place for that here, if someone looses his cool there are referees and other officials to take care of it and do justice.

Inter reacted like they were on a schoolground playing for the highschool trophy, I can't possibly imagine how one can defend their actions.

BTW, if we are gonna be nitpicking, Burdisso was the one who lost his cool first and was going for Marchena, Navarro was defending his teammate, does that make it rigth? No, it doesn't, but Valencia has separated themselves from the riot as much as possible and don't deserve to be punished 1/10th of what Inter should get.
I still maintain my opinion, and I would hardly call punching someone in the face "nitpicking". I think both teams made it a whole lot worse. I stick to my punishments I think they are fair.

Valencia - out of tourney
Navarro - out for season
Inter - must qualify next year

I think that is fair. Who takes Valencia's spot? Maybe draw for it.

BTW, Fred of Lyon should receive a lengthy ban as well. I can't beleive the way Lyon reacted yesterday as well. It just shows the intensity of these CL games.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I still maintain my opinion, and I would hardly call punching someone in the face "nitpicking". I think both teams made it a whole lot worse. I stick to my punishments I think they are fair.

Valencia - out of tourney
Navarro - out for season
Inter - must qualify next year

I think that is fair. Who takes Valencia's spot? Maybe draw for it.

BTW, Fred of Lyon should receive a lengthy ban as well. I can't beleive the way Lyon reacted yesterday as well. It just shows the intensity of these CL games.
Exactly how Valencia as a team has made it worse?

I sincerely and honestly can not believe my eyes, ears, whichever, that would be unfair on so many levels. To put it simply; Navarro must be punished and Inter must be punished. It was not the whole Valencia squad who continued the fighting it was Inter.

I did not see the Lyon incidents I'm afraid.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Navarro broke Burdisso's nose, he lost his nerve there,
he forgot he is a professional athlet on the field
and thought he was another p@nk in a bar.
He has no excuses, he was probably provoked, but this wasnt a way to react,
he said he feels sorry for that, but he has to be punished,
that way, he will remember not to ever repeat such an act
and the rest of his teammates would see such things are not tolerated on the field...
Since he never repeated such an act, Valencia isnt to blame, how could they guess his reaction and prevent that?
Valencia is the one that, IMO, should punish the player with a fine and also freeze his contract for a while.
But Inter's side should be punished from UEFA,
those sad losers cant accept defeat, their players provoked and engaged opposing teams many times in the past and the team is responsible for the war created after Milan disqualified them, a couple of years ago,
as a club they took no action to prevent similar episodes in the future
and a course of action against them would force the team's managers to take care of this problem
and assure that it wont happen again. It seems that a warn is not enough...
IMO there is absolutely no chance in earth, that UEFA would ban Moratti's team for a year from European competitions.
Inter will probably pay a fine($$$ enough to pay the combustible of Moratti's sports car for a couple of days)

PS just look again how Cordoba missed that tackle...

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Reports say that Inter could be facing a big bann, they even say that UEFA could trow them way from Europe having in consideration that Inter were warn becouse the actions in the last match against Milan.

uuuuuuuuuu that would be soooo sweeet :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I have a new song:

Puta inter puta Inter eii eii
puta inter puta inter eii eii

Inter merda inter merda eii eii
inter merda inter merda eii eii

:D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Do not expect such a thing, they wont touch them, this is just for the momentary hype, expect a lesser punishment that would be withdrawn after the first objection,
by the time Inter will have to pay in CL again, everything will be forgotten.
They can very easily escape that, much easier than Milan and Italy avoided a similar in the summer for more and much more serious reasons...
This will be the case since nobody dies or seriously gets injured.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't buy they will suspend them from Europe, though honestly they deserve it when everything is summed up, at least one year.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Exactly how Valencia as a team has made it worse?

I sincerely and honestly can not believe my eyes, ears, whichever, that would be unfair on so many levels. To put it simply; Navarro must be punished and Inter must be punished. It was not the whole Valencia squad who continued the fighting it was Inter.

I did not see the Lyon incidents I'm afraid.
Watching it again it seems to me that one the pitch just as many Valencia players were involved in nonsense as Inter players. No Inter player actually punched anyone on the pitch either. The tussling between both teams was absolutely equal. Who was that who put his hands on Ibra at the end there? Who is the Valencia player swinging at the Inter guys? What are there names?

The fighting was equal. Both teams should be punished. It takes two and it was two. I hate Inter too, but they are not the only ones that should take a team punishment. Sorry, but I just can't hold them solely responsible, as much as I want to. I watched the video again and I see absolutely equal fighting.

Thats the way I see it.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Whos is this guy running away with a white shirt, almost being tripped by two Inter players. And why is he taking the shirt, and why is he running?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)