US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (5 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Hey -- what can you say. A huge showing at the polls. I think that the American people are speaking loudly. And they want martial law.

Most Americans want a country that is less secular, with less of a separation of church & state. You're seeing an America that wants to be pre-emptive on the world stage. You're seeing an America that is willing to send its youth to die for bigger SUVs. You're seeing an America that prefers not to unite people with different views but rather expects unquestioning support without debate when the big guy says so.

How can that be bad? :mute:
Good post! But the turth is troubling, isn't it?

@ Martin - over 100 Million votes cast, perhaps a record turnout. The ugly side of America has spoken :down: But I managed to maintain my 100% record. I'm like Juve in the CL. I have never, ever, voted for the winner in the presidential election. I am 0 for 5.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Why the next two, Gray? :)

Pado, so you have voted for Kerry, Gore, Dole, Bush Senior, and whoever got beaten by Bush in 1988?

That's a pretty odd set of politicians.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Why the next two, Gray? :)

Pado, so you have voted for Kerry, Gore, Dole, Bush Senior, and whoever got beaten by Bush in 1988?

That's a pretty odd set of politicians.
So true. I voted Dukakis in 1988 - he was an idiot, but I really disliked Reagan/Bush for their atrocities in Central America.

In 1992, I liked Jerry Brown but he was defeated in the primary by Clinton. I thought Clinton was scum so I had to bite the bullet and vote Senior Bush. That sucked. In 1996, I actually liked Dole. In 2000 Gore was the lesser of two evils. 2004 same as 2000. Don't we have any decent leadership in this great country of ours?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

So true. I voted Dukakis in 1988 - he was an idiot, but I really disliked Reagan/Bush for their atrocities in Central America.

In 1992, I liked Jerry Brown but he was defeated in the primary by Clinton. I thought Clinton was scum so I had to bite the bullet and vote Senior Bush. That sucked. In 1996, I actually liked Dole. In 2000 Gore was the lesser of two evils. 2004 same as 2000. Don't we have any decent leadership in this great country of ours?
Please vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008 Pado. :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
(hypothetical) President Huckabee

:rofl:....sounds like a character from a Mel Brooks movie

P.S. Huck supporters here don't be offended

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A filthy bunch of Jew-lovers, right?
:howler:

So who are you going to vote for, Pado?

I have been reading a bit in Clinton's biography written by Bernstein and I have to say: Hillary Clinton is an empty shell. No emotion, no real intelligence, but very capable of fooling people into believing her.

I liked Obama, but the Oprah stunt disgusted me. On the other hand, you have to be more populistic to become president of America than you do to become Prime Minister in Belgium, because of the political system. If we ever have a Prime Minister and a government that is.

I have to admit I know very little of the Republican candidates. Belgian media, and European media in general, don't focus enough on US elections in my opinion. Sure, it's a news item, but nothing more. No background information at all. This is why I would consider Giuliani a worthy candidate, but many intelligent Americans seem to disagree.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Obama for democrats and huckabee for republicans is my hope. Guiliani shouldn't be trusted nor should Clinton. Clinton would make an awful president all she does is promise whatever people want to hear. Clinton has no idea what shes doing and would ruin this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)