US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (5 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Sergio, you know I voted for Kerry, but you are right in that he was a weak candidate. I never believed in him, I only wanted to replace the Bush Man. I worry about the trend I am seeing - the USA moving farther and farther to the Right, to ultra-conservatism. I sickens me to think that that it will get worse, but this country does have a pendulum-like history where the ruling party does not stay in command for long. I can still hope.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Sergio, you know I voted for Kerry, but you are right in that he was a weak candidate. I never believed in him, I only wanted to replace the Bush Man. I worry about the trend I am seeing - the USA moving farther and farther to the Right, to ultra-conservatism. I sickens me to think that that it will get worse, but this country does have a pendulum-like history where the ruling party does not stay in command for long. I can still hope.
Hey -- what can you say. A huge showing at the polls. I think that the American people are speaking loudly. And they want martial law.

Most Americans want a country that is less secular, with less of a separation of church & state. You're seeing an America that wants to be pre-emptive on the world stage. You're seeing an America that is willing to send its youth to die for bigger SUVs. You're seeing an America that prefers not to unite people with different views but rather expects unquestioning support without debate when the big guy says so.

How can that be bad? :mute:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
youth was exactly the same as the last election. evangelicals came out to vote.

tele-evangelists said not voting was a "sin", and voting for the wrong candidate was a "sin"

i have the actual christian magazine, i made a recording of the tele-evangelist's messange he left in my answering machine.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The strong religious tendencies I think is a very unfortunate thing. History tells us that religion is an invaluable tool when you want to gain support for war. :wallbang:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
The strong religious tendencies I think is a very unfortunate thing. History tells us that religion is an invaluable tool when you want to gain support for war. :wallbang:

bush called the war on terror a "crusade" how dumb is that. the white house did damage controll and after 6 months he called it a "crusade" again

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Organized religions have done some excellent things for individuals and communities. (Though the cynical might quote Ben Franklin when he said, "Religion is what keeps the poor from killing the rich. ;) ).

But state-sponsored religion is troublesome... particularly since it was a major driver that led to one of the pillars in the founding of the U.S. For every spiritual enrichment by religion, there's historically been an Osama Bin Laden or a David Koresh who justify their actions armed with the same stuff.

As for Bush calling it a "crusade", I think that was more of a Freudian slip. That was not by complete accident. Something tells me that in Bush's mind, at some level deep down, he is fighting a war of Christianity versus Islam.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
4 more years! its ok liberals and democrats, you guys got the senate, oh wait, no you dont. but hey at least you got the house, oh wait, no you dont have that either. at least you guys passed gay marriages though, oh wait, that was banned in 11 states. damn, you guys didnt make out too well this time around.

haha
oh well, 4 more years from now, you can fix some of those.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #279
    If it were up to the republicans, african-americans would still be sitting in the back of the bus.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    If it were up to the republicans, african-americans would still be sitting in the back of the bus.
    not too bad of an idea their zlatan.
    you swedes are smart.

im kidding. and ya, on both of what i said, blacks in back of bus, and swedes being smart, ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)