US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (44 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama emerged victorious in the first election returns of the 2008 presidential race, winning 15 of 21 votes cast in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

Tanner Tillotson, front center, of Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, wins the honor of first voter.

1 of 2 People in the village in New Hampshire's northeast corner voted just after midnight Tuesday.

It was the first time since 1968 that the village leaned Democratic in an election.
Obama's rival, Republican John McCain, won 6 votes.

A full 100 percent of registered voters in the village cast ballots. And the votes didn't take long to tally.

The town, home to around 75 residents, has opened its polls shortly after midnight each Election Day since 1960, drawing national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.

However, since 1996, another small New Hampshire town -- Hart's Location -- reinstated its practice from the 1940s and also began opening its polls at midnight.

The result in Dixville Notch is hardly a reliable bellwether for the eventual winner of the White House -- or even the result statewide.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i think this will be a landslide win... Obama already looking like he's won.

Just don't get mixed up with the voting slips like 8 years ago :p

"ahh i thought i voted obama! the world is doomed for 4 more years!! damn you confusing ballets!"

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
so once again i didn't vote for obvious reasons. but i hear the lines around here are ridiculously long, which i guess is a good and bad thing

don't believe the polls, it is much closer than it looks...I have a feeling Obama may lose this one
ya i don't believe in the polls either, but its gonna be a late night :smoke::malt:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
because i live in texas. its a power house for republicans and thus ever since i've been eligible to vote i have chosen not to.

voting anything but republican in this state is fruitless. my vote will not count for anything. its discouraging and at the same time an ironic illustration of how our democratic system is put together

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
because i live in texas. its a power house for republicans and thus ever since i've been eligible to vote i have chosen not to.

voting anything but republican in this state is fruitless. my vote will not count for anything. its discouraging and at the same time an ironic illustration of how our democratic system is put together
Depends. Republicans voting in the SF Bay Area must feel the same way. I think that also has to do with the phenomenon of like-minded voters living together more and the society breaking down among politically segregated lines -- much in the way racial segregation existed in its heyday.

Still, there are tons of state propositions and local initiatives. At least here. Saying this election was "just" about the presidential vote is like saying Moby Dick was just about whales. I had over 400 pages of voter documentation covering over a dozen state propositions and about 22 city measures.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just got back from voting for my main man, the superior candidate, the hope of the future for this country, Senator...

JOHN McCAIN!

:D

Nah fuck that, I voted for the right guy, not the one who can't raise his arms above his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)