US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (37 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ßüякε;1790633 said:
I have been over a great portion of the US, and I must say that in terms of numbers, WHITEYS are much higher in terms of worthless persons.
that's cause the blackies are in jail

Apr 12, 2004
42% agreement Gun control
67% agreement Environment
100% agreement Iraq
83% agreement Economy
100% agreement Income
25% agreement National security
92% agreement Family
50% agreement Immigration
92% agreement Health care
58% agreement Law and order
92% agreement Education
92% agreement Terrorism

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is good stuff:

I'm a social liberalist which makes sense, along with some outlying factors in non-agreement.

100% agreement Gun control
100% agreement Iraq
50% agreement Economy
67% agreement Income
50% agreement National security
75% agreement Family
83% agreement Immigration
92% agreement Law and order
67% agreement Education
83% agreement Terrorism

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I don't think there's a houshold in Lebanon that doesn't possess at least three different types of rifles, guns. But then again, we aren't exactly the country people should follow by example :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The thing is, most of the criminals get those weapons from people with clean records, mostly by stealing them.

Take a look at nations that have strict gun control and tell me who is better off.

We're a sick, sick nation when it comes to this stuff and the Constitution is not always represented truthfully by the Supreme Court Justices.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think there's a houshold in Lebanon that doesn't possess at least three different types of rifles, guns. But then again, we aren't exactly the country people should follow by example :D
We never had any single kind of weapon at home, not even toys. We were never ever involved with any kind of politics either. I tried a bit during my university life but that was mostly because of popularity in my department and the location of my apartment.

Apr 12, 2004
The thing is, most of the criminals get those weapons from people with clean records, mostly by stealing them.

Take a look at nations that have strict gun control and tell me who is better off.

We're a sick, sick nation when it comes to this stuff and the Constitution is not always represented truthfully by the Supreme Court Justices.
Yea, but the fact still remains that criminals would have guns.

And I'm not talking about the Supreme Court.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
ßüякε;1790637 said:
42% agreement Gun control
100% agreement Iraq
83% agreement Economy
100% agreement Income
25% agreement National security
92% agreement Family
50% agreement Immigration
58% agreement Law and order
92% agreement Education
92% agreement Terrorism
This is good stuff:

I'm a social liberalist which makes sense, along with some outlying factors in non-agreement.

100% agreement Gun control
100% agreement Iraq
50% agreement Economy
67% agreement Income
50% agreement National security
75% agreement Family
83% agreement Immigration
92% agreement Law and order
67% agreement Education
83% agreement Terrorism

Why do some shift by 8% while others 9%?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;1790656 said:
Yea, but the fact still remains that criminals would have guns.

And I'm not talking about the Supreme Court.
Reduce the amount of guns on the market, reduce the amount of guns in criminal hands. It's that simple and it works in nations that aren't so obsessed with a right to bear arms.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ßüякε;1790649 said:
So take away all those guns so only the criminals have them.....
The problem is you people are so in love with guns that you crave them worse than a drug addict craves drugs. The first step to solving the problem is to change the gun culture, or in other words, to get rid of it. In most countries gun ownership is a niche culture, a marginal group of people who hunt and whatever. Or conspiracy nuts perhaps. It's not a nationwide thing, and therefore there's not a gun on every door step.

Take smoking, it used to be a really widespread and accepted thing. Now, decades later, we have a whole different awareness about smoking, we know it's harmful, there are good reasons to be opposed, the conversation is a different one. That's the way to go, banning smoking alone won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)