US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (6 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't know how crazy this theory is but I heard some people saying that the attack on Syrian soil might be an election ploy.
It hasn't really created many waves here yet. However, look for more ploys such as this that will cause a rise out of Assad and potentially more terrorist activity before the election.

Also, there is a perception market out there where traders bet on the probability of on attack on Iran before the Bush reign is over. A couple months ago the market was trading on a 30% chance of an attack on Iran by Christmas. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

But remember, Putin attacked Georgia right before the Olympics, so I wouldn't put it past anybody to instigate something within the next week or so prior to the elections.

Correction. Not rednecks... Skin Heads. Congratulations ATF.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27405681/
There will be similar ploys such as this in future. It's bound to happen. I for the most part trust the Secret Service, but some things you can't prepare for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"According to a series of tubes sites, Senator Ted Stevens has been found guilty of lying about free home renovations that he received from an oil contractor. He faces up to 5 years in jail, and the outcome of his current reelection bid is now in doubt. 'The conviction came after a tumultuous week in the jury room. First there were complaints about an unruly juror, then another had to be replaced when she left Washington following the death of her father. Finally, jurors on Monday discovered a discrepancy in the indictment that had been overlooked by prosecutors. Jury deliberations in this historic trial have at times been as contentious as some of the proceedings The Justice Department indicted Stevens on July 29, and the Alaska Republican took a huge legal gamble and asked for a speedy trial in order to resolve the charges before Election Day. Judge Emmet Sullivan complied with Stevens' request, and in less than three months from the time of his indictment, Stevens was found guilty.'"

Another Alaska republican who is obviously completely out of touch with reality. He made the famous comment about the internet "it's not a big truck".

FFS Alaskans, vote for someone who isn't an imbecile for once.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think it is evidence that all branches of law enforcement are on the lookout. That's a good thing.
Luckily, though, many of these skinheads have the mental capability of a skunk, so they concoct stupid ploys like robbing a gun store before carrying out the act. Such brainiacs they are.

Apr 12, 2004
Luckily, though, many of these skinheads have the mental capability of a skunk, so they concoct stupid ploys like robbing a gun store before carrying out the act. Such brainiacs they are.
Or they just play so much GTA they think it is real life, like when you shoot a cop in the face and get the SWAT team after you, but if you hide behind a dumpster for 40 seconds they go away.......yea, that's realistic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
"According to a series of tubes sites, Senator Ted Stevens has been found guilty of lying about free home renovations that he received from an oil contractor. He faces up to 5 years in jail, and the outcome of his current reelection bid is now in doubt. 'The conviction came after a tumultuous week in the jury room. First there were complaints about an unruly juror, then another had to be replaced when she left Washington following the death of her father. Finally, jurors on Monday discovered a discrepancy in the indictment that had been overlooked by prosecutors. Jury deliberations in this historic trial have at times been as contentious as some of the proceedings The Justice Department indicted Stevens on July 29, and the Alaska Republican took a huge legal gamble and asked for a speedy trial in order to resolve the charges before Election Day. Judge Emmet Sullivan complied with Stevens' request, and in less than three months from the time of his indictment, Stevens was found guilty.'"

Another Alaska republican who is obviously completely out of touch with reality. He made the famous comment about the internet "it's not a big truck".

FFS Alaskans, vote for someone who isn't an imbecile for once.
I'm celebrating the news. This was one of the hot-button issues for the late Sen. Paul Wellstone, one of my favorite people in American politics of the past 20 years: of how nefarious and slippery the slope is for senators and congressman to think they're entitled above and beyond the law.

As Wellstone used to say, it would start with tickets to the Twins games -- and you think nothing of it. Who's it hurting, right? But until you realize that those simple ballgame tickets would have never come your way if not for the office that you hold, the next thing you know you're getting "gifts" off the record of new decks on your house from oil company money.

No wonder why so many senators really hated Wellstone -- he wanted to kill the golden goose!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm celebrating the news. This was one of the hot-button issues for the late Sen. Paul Wellstone, one of my favorite people in American politics of the past 20 years: of how nefarious and slippery the slope is for senators and congressman to think they're entitled above and beyond the law.

As Wellstone used to say, it would start with tickets to the Twins games -- and you think nothing of it. Who's it hurting, right? But until you realize that those simple ballgame tickets would have never come your way if not for the office that you hold, the next thing you know you're getting "gifts" off the record of new decks on your house from oil company money.

No wonder why so many senators really hated Wellstone -- he wanted to kill the golden goose!
It's cited in reports that Wellstone's plane crashed due to the pilots "not keeping a safe minimum airspeed, thus stalling out." Do you believe in the report, Greg? Professors at the University of Minnesota certainly don't.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bürkε;1784312 said:
Or they just play so much GTA they think it is real life, like when you shoot a cop in the face and get the SWAT team after you, but if you hide behind a dumpster for 40 seconds they go away.......yea, that's realistic.
They're probably too dumb to figure that out in the game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Senator Wellstone? I saw a very interesting peace on how not too long ago, quite interesting fella, bit of a poster boy of all thats good with Politicians in a way, super progressive and more honestly good then whats allowed in Politics. But the first time I have heard of him is in an Immortal Technique lyrics, when he name drops, he means it for real :D

And just so Conservatives don't take it to heart
I don't think Bush did it, 'cause he isn't that smart
He's just a stupid puppet taking orders on his cell phone
From the same people that sabotaged Senator Wellstone
The military industry got it poppin' and lockin'
Looking for a way to justify the Wolfowitz Doctrine
And as a matter of fact, Rumsfeld, now that I think back
Without 9/11, you couldn't have a war in Iraq
Or a Defense budget of world conquest proportions
Kill freedom of speech and revoke the right to abortions
Tax cut extortion, a blessing to the wealthy and wicked
But you still have to answer to the Armageddon you scripted
And Dick Cheney, you fucking leech, tell them your plans
About building your pipelines through Afghanistan
And how Israeli troops trained the Taliban in Pakistan
You might have some house niggas fooled, but I understand
Colonialism is sponsored by corporations
That's why Halliburton gets paid to rebuild nations
Tell me the truth, I don't scare into paralysis
I know the CIA saw Bin Laden on dialysis
In '98 when he was Top Ten for the FBI
Government ties is really why the Government lies
Read it yourself instead of asking the Government why
'Cause then the Cause of Death will cause the propaganda to die..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Senator Wellstone? I saw a very interesting peace on how not too long ago, quite interesting fella, bit of a poster boy of all thats good with Politicians in a way, super progressive and more honestly good then whats allowed in Politics. But the first time I have heard of him is in an Immortal Technique lyrics, when he name drops, he means it for real :D

And just so Conservatives don't take it to heart
I don't think Bush did it, 'cause he isn't that smart
He's just a stupid puppet taking orders on his cell phone
From the same people that sabotaged Senator Wellstone
The military industry got it poppin' and lockin'
Looking for a way to justify the Wolfowitz Doctrine
And as a matter of fact, Rumsfeld, now that I think back
Without 9/11, you couldn't have a war in Iraq
Or a Defense budget of world conquest proportions
Kill freedom of speech and revoke the right to abortions
Tax cut extortion, a blessing to the wealthy and wicked
But you still have to answer to the Armageddon you scripted
And Dick Cheney, you fucking leech, tell them your plans
About building your pipelines through Afghanistan
And how Israeli troops trained the Taliban in Pakistan
You might have some house niggas fooled, but I understand
Colonialism is sponsored by corporations
That's why Halliburton gets paid to rebuild nations
Tell me the truth, I don't scare into paralysis
I know the CIA saw Bin Laden on dialysis
In '98 when he was Top Ten for the FBI
Government ties is really why the Government lies
Read it yourself instead of asking the Government why
'Cause then the Cause of Death will cause the propaganda to die..
This is in my opinion Technique's best track. The beat and lyrics are fucking amazing.

I remembered the Wellstone crash back in the day, but after hearing these lyrics I started to do a little more research on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)