US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (5 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
It was published on friday. the poll was conducted by one newspaper in each country: the Guardian UK, Le Soir Belgium, Le Monde France, etc.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If you think about what's easy and what's not, it's much easier to put on a show and pretend to do security than actually do it. Security is really hard. Hiring a bunch of unemployed people (bums, Vin would say) without a clue and putting them in charge of an airport checkpoint is really easy.

I remember passing through Oslo once. I had forgotten to rid myself of all liquids, I had shaving foam in my bag. The guy detected the can on the x-ray, found it in my bag and held it up so I could see. "Look, 150ml." Because, as we all know, 100ml is the magical chemical threshold above which all liquids explode.

You'd have to be really gullible to believe that they are protecting you. It's just theater.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"After years of people complaining about their luggage locks being broken in the name of the Transportation Security Administration, and after countless properly-stowed utilities and tools had been scrutinized from a paranoid point of view, an employee of the TSA (which is part of the Department of Homeland Security) has been captured with evidence of over $200,000 worth of stolen property he was selling on eBay. With the help of local police and the USPS, a search of his house found a great deal of property pilfered from the un-witnessed searches that occurred after luggage had been checked, where the rightful owner was not allowed. 'Among the items seized were 66 cameras, 31 laptop computers, 20 cell phones, 17 sets of electronic games, 13 pieces of jewelry, 12 GPS devices, 11 MP3 players, eight camera lenses, six video cameras and two DVD players, the affidavit said.'"

gee, how surprising. Thanks for the protection, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)