US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (11 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The GOP will stoop to any level to win. You don't see Obama or Biden talking about how Sarah Palin's husband worked for a very unpatriotic Pro-Alaskan breakaway group, or how Palin's nut job pastor convinced a town in Kenya to drive a woman out of the area because she was a "witch." No, you don't ever hear them talking about that. Why? Because they have some class, even while McCain and Palin are still alluding to a possible terrorism connection regarding Obama.

They're just a bunch of shameful people. The McCain campaign is doing a fantastic job of inciting sheer rage against Obama too, which was seen during a recent rally when McCain asked, "who is the real Barack Obama," and some imbecilic hick responded by yelling, "A TERRORIST!" Sadly, this is the reality of the United States nowdays, and probably always.
It's all good because Obama just gained like 5 points in West Virginia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't understand supply side economists. Larry Kudlow is one of those sort of economists, and he is demanding McCain to lower tax rates across the board, for all businesses and people alike. But what I'd like to know is how the hell are we going to pay for this $700B bailout bill when our current account deficit is already $800B? We are essentially doubling the CA Deficit here. So how are we going to pay for this? The only way to do so is through taxes.

What we cannot do is continue piling on the current account deficit because eventually we will reach the point where the deficit is not sustainable anymore. At the moment, it probably is sustainable, but if we keep adding on eventually other nations might stop lending to us. When the day comes, nobody knows. But this ridiculous current account balance, which happens to amount to approximately 7% of GDP, will have to paid off by my generation. And I'm not fucking happy about that.*

* Of course, this is barring the possibility that the United States is in some way destroyed financially.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
McCain already being condescending to a black audience member.

"I bet you never even heard of Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae before this crisis."

What if he did, jackass?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why does McCain keep talking about expanding offshore drilling and building new nuclear power plants when he'll be long gone when they're finally finished? It takes over a decade to build a nuclear power plant...

All this sort of talk isn't going to solve any problems in the next decade.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look, drilling off shore won't do shit in about a decade. And anyway, the oil drillers will only drill as much oil that optimizes their production possibility curve. Has McBane ever heard of decreasing marginal returns to production or capital? No, because he's admitted he knows F-ALL about economics.

The oil companies will only drill for as much oil as they need to run as an efficient company. And this is perfectly legal.

McBane is whistling Dixie.

Apr 12, 2004
John McCain: "Well I'm going to give all Americans a $5,000 tax credit so that they can pay for health insurance......"

My Dad (Who sues insurance companies for a living.): "$5,000?!?!?!? HEALTH INSURANCE COSTS $12,000 A YEAR, JOHN! What if I get sick the other half of the year?"

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
He said some positive things towards Lebanon before.
He also said some really negative things about Lebanon just now in the debates referring to the bombing of the Marines in Lebanon talking about how Lebanon killed 300 Marines. So clearly he is not too nice about Lebanon. Basically calling Lebanese terrorists....He sure loves the Lebanese.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
McCain hates Lebanon! The Marine barracks bombing makes him subliminally equate Lebanon with bad people.

He would probably sacrifice the Lebanese because of his stance, "we cannot allow another holocaust."

Shame is, I can name three "holocausts" currently underway in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)